Internationals September (Euro Qualifiers)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I cant believe Iceland are losing 2-0 to Luxembourg
Luxembourg have a serious shot at qualifying automatically, been improving on the quiet for last 5-6 years. Shame they lost 7-0 or whatever it was at home to Portugal which has knackered their GD but would like to see them make it ahead of Slovaks.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ronaldo ruining all our plays. Time to stay in Saudi Arabia permanently.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His all-round game has almost entirely gone, was a bit like this in his last season for United.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As I said this morning I'm not sure Martinez has the balls to drop Ronaldo which at least Santos attempted. Given how easy this group is for Portugal he could rotate a bit at CF with Ramos or even false 9 but think Ronaldo's started all the qualifiers so far?

Portugal should be top 3 contender to win euros as their 11 is stacked with so many good players at their peak of their powers....but Ronaldo simply isn't one of them anymore given how much his all round game has declined since about 2020.

So think that could trip up Portugal again next summer.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
His all-round game has almost entirely gone, was a bit like this in his last season for United.
This isn't a charity or Ronaldo FC. He already ruined our WC mood with his antics. My guess is that our play will improve greatly when he retires. Enough is enough.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
As I said this morning I'm not sure Martinez has the balls to drop Ronaldo which at least Santos attempted. Given how easy this group is for Portugal he could rotate a bit at CF with Ramos or even false 9 but think Ronaldo's started all the qualifiers so far?

Portugal should be top 3 contender to win euros as their 11 is stacked with so many good players at their peak of their powers....but Ronaldo simply isn't one of them anymore given how much his all round game has declined since about 2020.

So think that could trip up Portugal again next summer.
Martinez won't drop him because he's a coward and he wants to be buddies with Ronaldo. He saw what happened with Fernando Santos who tested Ronaldo's influence and lost. Ronaldo will play until he retires. No one has the balls to drop him.

AltiUn

This isn't a charity or Ronaldo FC. He already ruined our WC mood with his antics. My guess is that our play will improve greatly when he retires. Enough is enough.
Yeah, without a shadow of a doubt.

massi83

I cant believe Iceland are losing 2-0 to Luxembourg
Why? They are pretty even teams. In elorating 80 and 85. Lux are decent, they are not like san marino or andorra.

And with this win Lux leapfrogs Iceland in elorating.

Last edited:

massi83

Luxembourg have a serious shot at qualifying automatically, been improving on the quiet for last 5-6 years. Shame they lost 7-0 or whatever it was at home to Portugal which has knackered their GD but would like to see them make it ahead of Slovaks.
H2h before gd in uefa competions. But given that first one resulted 0-0 it might indeed become a factor.

Last edited:

Woodzy

I think McT would be amazing in a Dyche team but would cost too much sadly. I wouldn't be that opposed to him coming our way if you were set on Onana though, plus a bit of cash of course.
No chance, Onana has scored nowhere near as many goals for Scotland. You should be giving us cash

massi83

Oh excellent. So Scotland are a Georgia vs Norway draw on Tuesday night away then.
Sounded wrong, but that is correct indeed :lol:

One stat site had you at 98.6% chance before this evening, so well over 99% now.

Asger

Never thought I would see my country lose vs Luxemburg!! Terrible match. Luxembourg players diving every 30 sec. All the three goals they scored after individual mistakes. Deserved victory in the end.

Lee565

Martinez won't drop him because he's a coward and he wants to be buddies with Ronaldo. He saw what happened with Fernando Santos who tested Ronaldo's influence and lost. Ronaldo will play until he retires. No one has the balls to drop him.
Santos did but got the sack and the Portuguese fa brought in a yes man that would play ronaldo

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
H2h before gd in uefa competions. But given that first one resulted 0-0 it might indeed become a factor.
Interesting. Luxembourg got Slovakia to play at home so score draw would be enough if we assume they both lose away to Portugal and then other three games are pretty balanced so I can certainly see Luxembourg making it and that will be a huge story considering they were minnows and Malta/Andorra standard 15-20 years back.

massi83

Interesting. Luxembourg got Slovakia to play at home so score draw would be enough if we assume they both lose away to Portugal and then other three games are pretty balanced so I can certainly see Luxembourg making it and that will be a huge story considering they were minnows and Malta/Andorra standard 15-20 years back.
Yeah, even 7 years ago they were still ~150 in elorating. Historically easy group with Portugal only team in top55 in elorating, so now is the time to do it.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Thought we were excellent today and very unlucky not to win. For the love of Christ can a T5 league sign Spertsyan already

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
For all the talent Portugal have, they play pretty shit football. Is it the Martínez effect?
I believe it’s a curse. I would almost trade that 2016 Euro title for some good football. Almost

Ramos

It's H2H but away goals are gone, so a score draw would still keep them level and then overall GD will kick in.

nau05194

Sounded wrong, but that is correct indeed :lol:

One stat site had you at 98.6% chance before this evening, so well over 99% now.
I don't really understand the point in these stat sites. It seems to me that their original predictions before a game was played is a stronger test of their predictive power. What value is there in their most recent predictions if they will just change after the next round of games. I believe Norway and Spain were predicted to qualify from Group A before a ball was kicked which is unlikely to be the final outcome now.

JuriM

It's gonna be a warm evening here in Tallinn & the full house sold out for our game vs Sweden. It's going to be an awesome football evening and despite us missing some key players from our lineup, we need to have a strong performance in home games.

dejans

It's gonna be a warm evening here in Tallinn & the full house sold out for our game vs Sweden. It's going to be an awesome football evening and despite us missing some key players from our lineup, we need to have a strong performance in home games.
Best of luck and greetings from Latvia!

Plastic Evra

Reading a bunch of French fans that argue Griezmann is maybe the most important player of the entire history of the NT besides Kopa, Platini and Zidane (possibly Henry).

And that he'll be missed a lot with no one having that profile yet (doubts that Cherki can simplify his game even if he develops properly).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Azerbaijan definitely deserve something from this game. For large parts of it they've been better than Belgium.

AltiUn

That England line up looks horrendous

massey

Surely rashford gets in left wing or even eze and Henderson gets dropped and Maguire starting Southgate won't ever win England anything he's a waste.