Internationals September (World Cup Qualifiers)

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
quite a boring game between England and Poland. I expected a heck of a lot more from these two sides as they both have very good attacking players.

England are set up to draw this match and really aren't pushing numbers forward.

AS for Rice....based on our squad, i'd rather have Phillips than Rice.
That’s madness. Phillips has been appalling tonight!

Idxomer

There's a reason why it was never a question for Pep to start Grealish over Sterling.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I'm not using hyperbole when I say this, but most of the times I see Kane play for England he's bang average. He's one of the guys who always seems to score, though.

Abraxas

quite a boring game between England and Poland. I expected a heck of a lot more from these two sides as they both have very good attacking players.

England are set up to draw this match and really aren't pushing numbers forward.

AS for Rice....based on our squad, i'd rather have Phillips than Rice.
I wouldn't. I'm no great fan of Rice at the quoted prices but at least I can understand his defined role. He sits, he heads stuff away, he tackles, he's well positioned, maybe it makes other players better to have that insurance. Maybe. I have reservations but I understand those aspects are good.

Phillips does not have the mentality to play for a big side. He turns down passes that really he should be taking on when of the two he's the one that has license. I don't think he's great defensively, I don't think he's great at passing, he's not quick, not slow, not a threat. Just totally average at this level and at our level.

TrustInJanuzaj

Oh just what this game needs Trent whipping in 100 crosses in a minute. God this England team is boring.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It may be a fantastic attribute but you need more than that but are competing with the best teams and players in Europe in our league. Not only will he be up against midfields as good as he is he will be up against players levels above his ball playing ability. Even his role as a sitter is obsolete at the highest level, you have to be comfortable in all areas of the pitch especially with the modern pressing game
He’ll also be playing with higher quality players at Utd.
Your looking at limitations and ok, I can see your point based on what you’ve seen but my step son is a WHU season ticket holder so I tend to watch a lot of their games and we chat a lot about Rice. I’m seeing a developing player who I think can compete with the best in Europe.

He’s showing great maturity tonight

PoTMS

This ref has given literally every 50/50 challenge in favour of Poland.

Sylar

Has Grealish started every game for England (well that hasnt had 11 changes) since his move to City?

TrustInJanuzaj

England are too cautious with Southgate but Poland do have almost everyone behind the ball.
I just feel like this England team can be so much more. It’s hard to argue when Southgate has done so well in tournaments but I refuse to believe we can’t play better stuff than this.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Estonia's captain doing the best job of looking like an accountant playing football since Rogerio Ceni retired.

TrustInJanuzaj

I really dislike Southgate still, I can't help it :( how this group of players can play such tumescent shite is so wasteful.
That’s where I’m at. I want to like him but watching England is most shocking every single time.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ah yes the annual redcafe slag off kane and then he hits a worldie five minutes later game I see.... :lol:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Beauty that, needed it after playing so poorly.

CloneMC16

Kane is shit all game and then does that. I guess that papers over a terrible performance.