Internationals September (World Cup Qualifiers)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Matches kick off at 20:45 CET unless otherwise stated. All times CET.

MATCHDAY 4
Wednesday 1 September

Group A
: Luxembourg vs Azerbaijan, Portugal vs Republic of Ireland
Group D: Kazakhstan vs Ukraine (16:00), France vs Bosnia and Herzegovina
Group F: Denmark vs Scotland, Faroe Islands vs Israel, Moldova vs Austria
Group G: Latvia vs Gibraltar, Norway vs Netherlands, Turkey vs Montenegro
Group H: Malta vs Cyprus, Russia vs Croatia, Slovenia vs Slovakia

Thursday 2 September

Group B
: Georgia vs Kosovo (18:00), Sweden vs Spain
Group C: Italy vs Bulgaria, Lithuania vs Northern Ireland
Group E: Czech Republic vs Belarus, Estonia vs Belgium
Group I: Andorra vs San Marino, Hungary vs England, Poland vs Albania
Group J: Iceland vs Romania, Liechtenstein vs Germany, North Macedonia vs Armenia

MATCHDAY 5
Saturday 4 September

Group A
: Republic of Ireland vs Azerbaijan (18:00), Serbia vs Luxembourg (18:00)
Group D: Finland vs Kazakhstan (18:00), Ukraine vs France
Group F: Faroe Islands vs Denmark, Israel vs Austria, Scotland vs Moldova
Group G: Latvia vs Norway (18:00), Gibraltar vs Turkey, Netherlands vs Montenegro
Group H: Cyprus vs Russia (15:00), Slovenia vs Malta (18:00), Slovakia vs Croatia

Sunday 5 September

Group B
: Kosovo vs Greece, Spain vs Georgia
Group C: Bulgaria vs Lithuania (18:00), Switzerland vs Italy
Group E: Belarus vs Wales (15:00), Belgium vs Czech Republic
Group I: Albania vs Hungary (18:00), England vs Andorra (18:00), San Marino vs Poland
Group J: Iceland vs North Macedonia (18:00), Germany vs Armenia, Romania vs Liechtenstein

MATCHDAY 6
Tuesday 7 September

Group A
: Azerbaijan vs Portugal (18:00), Republic of Ireland vs Serbia
Group D: Bosnia-Herzegovina vs Kazakhstan, France vs Finland
Group F: Austria vs Scotland, Denmark vs Israel, Faroe Islands vs Moldova
Group G: Montenegro vs Latvia, Netherlands vs Turkey, Norway vs Gibraltar
Group H: Croatia vs Slovenia, Russia vs Malta, Slovakia vs Cyprus

Wednesday 8 September

Group B
: Greece vs Sweden, Kosovo vs Spain
Group C: Italy vs Lithuania, Northern Ireland vs Switzerland
Group E: Belarus vs Belgium, Wales vs Estonia
Group I: Albania vs San Marino, Hungary vs Andorra, Poland vs England
Group J: Armenia vs Liechtenstein (18:00), Iceland vs Germany, North Macedonia vs Romania

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Thanks for posting @Samid .

I suspect McTominay's omission is due to injury. He's too versatile to not have on the bench at least.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Early season international breaks are the fecking worst. Actual football is finally back and then nah, nevermind, here's some games against Estonia and Belarus.

3vra

Just bought 10 tickets for Poland - England in Warsaw. Hope to see few our boys in action.

Have a feeling Greenwood is gonna have a blinder against us. Unless he is not gonna get a call but without Foden and Rashford and the form he is in, i cannot imagine he would not get one.

Samid

Feel like Greenwood pulling out of the squad might have pissed of Gareth.
He's talking shite in the presser:

'Breaking into the team' :lol: He played 3200 minutes and 52 games last season you fool. Hopefully he isn't in the u21 squad either and gets a rest.

3vra

He is having a laugh. Lingard gets one and Greenwood who along Pogba was our star player and is firing like never before is snubbed.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
France: Deschamps has selected Veretout, Tchouameni, Theo Hernandez, Diaby ||| Lenglet, Pavard, Giroud, Rabiot dropped I believe.

Spain: Pablo Fornals is new. ||| No Ramos, Nacho, Isco, Vazquez, Odriozola, Asensio or Carvajal. ||| Pedri is getting a rest.

Belgium: No De Bruyne, Mertens, Doku (injuries), Vermaelen (travel restrictions), Mignolet (rest), Chadli.

Portugal (don't know much about them, but I'm hoping they still haven't figured out how to use Bruno)

Argentina

Holland will announce tomorrow. I'm expecting Pasveer and Van de Beek to be dropped from the provisional squad due to lack of playing time.
Bijlow, Til, Malacia, Rensch, Pasveer are new.

Brasil, Uruguay and Italy haven't been announced yet, I believe.

Hoof the ball

I can't with Southgate.

Takes over Middlesbrough in 12th and gets them relegated to the Championship within 2 1/2 seasons. Gets the U21 job and goes out in not one but two European Championships in the group stage! Somehow slimes his way into a permanent full England setup. It's unbelievable. It's our level of talent that gets us far in a World Cup and European Championship; has nothing to do with this clown.

It's just the idea that someone who didn't get the job on any merit, who is being carried by the weight of the quality of the players he manages, is in a position to undermine to meritorious performances of players who do deserve it.

TheGame

I can't with Southgate.

Takes over Middlesbrough in 12th and gets them relegated to the Championship within 2 1/2 seasons. Gets the U21 job and goes out in not one but two European Championships in the group stage! Somehow slimes his way into a permanent full England setup. It's unbelievable. It's our level of talent that gets us far in a World Cup and European Championship; has nothing to do with this clown.

It's just the idea that someone who didn't get the job on any merit, who is being carried by the weight of the quality of the players he manages, is in a position to undermine to meritorious performances of players who do deserve it.
I've had it with him now, did well at the World Cup but totally messed up at the Euros and his ability to hand out caps willy nilly is stupid.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's talking shite in the presser:

'Breaking into the team' :lol: He played 3200 minutes and 52 games last season you fool. Hopefully he isn't in the u21 squad either and gets a rest.
Yet he picks Lingard who has barely played. Idiot.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Love it. Gives greenwood more motivation to do well for us. Southgate can eat shit for all i care.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Greenwood, Cavani, Fred, AWB not playing is really good us. Hopefully Bruno and Sancho stay on the bench.

How is Martial still getting call-ups? :houllier:
Deschamps likes to keep the same squad. He's loyal to his existing squad and doesn't like to call up new faces.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I can't with Southgate.

Lets face it. After Fat Sam he was the least offensive face they could install as manager. He is Mr PR man. His ability as a coach extends only to that of copying club manager tactics.

Hoof the ball

Lets face it. After Fat Sam he was the least offensive face they could install as manager. He is Mr PR man. His ability as a coach extends only to that of copying club manager tactics.
The worst thing about it is that the quality of this generation of players is such that the achievement of them is enough to preserve Southgate in his role, and probably for some time, but everyone knows that an Allegri, Conte or equal level coach would have got them to the WC final and won the Euros.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Flick announced his first Germany squad today. Hummels would be in if he wasn't injured, maybe displacing Reus. I half expected also Boateng to be there, actually.
Good call to bring on Baku, maybe he can fill that semi-vacant RB position for the next world cup. I don't know enough about the other newcomers, but seeing this mix of new names and veterans gives credibility to Hansi's statements of going by performances and form for the nominations.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Southgate is a moron copying Deschamps loyalty strategies. I feel bad if Mason is disappointed, but I don't mind him getting a rest so he can continue to be amazing for us. Ideally he'd at least get on the bench, that'd be a win-win.

From an outside perspective, I can't stress how baffling Manchester United's top scorer not getting a call up for England is. This is like Holland not selecting RvP in 2013. It warrants a criminal investigation.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm jelly of you Englanders who don't have to worry about qualifying.
and so nervous for the boys in orange :(

The predicted lineup based on what journos gathered from training is (De Ligt suspended):

Memphis
Gakpo Wijnaldum Berghuis
De Jong Klaassen
Blind Virgil De Vrij Timber
Bijlow

TheLiverBird

Early season international breaks are the fecking worst. Actual football is finally back and then nah, nevermind, here's some games against Estonia and Belarus.
As much as what I agree I sucks having zero football to look forward too this weekend…

It does mean I can plan things to actually do without my afternoon revolving around matches I want to watch :lol: which generally results in not a particularly productive weekend

So this weekend I can do stuff and live I suppose

Samid

I'm jelly of you Englanders who don't have to worry about qualifying.
and so nervous for the boys in orange :(

The predicted lineup based on what journos gathered from training is (De Ligt suspended):

Memphis
Gakpo Wijnaldum Berghuis
De Jong Klaassen
Blind Virgil De Vrij Timber
Bijlow
Depay will have a field day against our non-existent defence.

RedDevilRoshi

Greenwood, Cavani, Fred, AWB not playing is really good us. Hopefully Bruno and Sancho stay on the bench.

Deschamps likes to keep the same squad. He's loyal to his existing squad and doesn't like to call up new faces.
I hope Sancho plays rather than sitting on the bench. It would do him good as it was clear against Wolves he’s lacking match fitness.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hope VvD keeps whispering into his top pocket: "join us, join us. If you join us I'll let you out".

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Flick announced his first Germany squad today. Hummels would be in if he wasn't injured, maybe displacing Reus. I half expected also Boateng to be there, actually.
Good call to bring on Baku, maybe he can fill that semi-vacant RB position for the next world cup. I don't know enough about the other newcomers, but seeing this mix of new names and veterans gives credibility to Hansi's statements of going by performances and form for the nominations.
Müller and Neuer are both out, possibly for all three matches :(
I would have liked to see a full on first team in at least one of the games.