IPL 2018

zing

Zingle balls
CSK won't make playoffs, I would happily have a bet on that @zing
2000 rupees to a charity of the other person's choosing. Incremental 1k for every additional position they miss/qualify by. If they finish last or first, it would be 5k.

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
Upto 5K on CSK!! :eek:
crappy severely underestimates CSK as a franchise. Players love playing for the team, and the fans are batshit crazy. 10k fans turned up for the practise sessions last week every day. It's a proper team, unlike the many chop and change ones going around

I am happy to take suggestions on charities crappy will be donating to early next month. I have one in mind already, but to make this inclusive, everyone's suggestions are welcome

Last edited:

Sandyman

crappy severely underestimates CSK as a franchise. Players love playing for the team, and the fans are batshit crazy. 10k fans turned up for the practise sessions last week every day. It's a proper team, unlike the many chop and change ones going around

I am happy to take suggestions on charities crappy will be donating to early next month. I have one in mind already, but to make this inclusive, everyone's suggestions are welcome
Well IPL is a competition where teams take part to see who plays CSK in the finals. :D So you definitely have history on your side.

2 times champions, 4 times runner ups and have always made it to the semi-finals/eliminators. Incredible record.

I remember one season where the chances of them making the play offs were very slim because lot of other results had to go their way and every one of them went in favor of CSK, who eventually qualified.

MichaelKorleone

Well IPL is a competition where teams take part to see who plays CSK in the finals. :D So you definitely have history on your side.

2 times champions, 4 times runner ups and have always made it to the semi-finals/eliminators. Incredible record.

I remember one season where the chances of them making the play offs were very slim because lot of other results had to go their way and every one of them went in favor of CSK, who eventually qualified.
So they're the Juventus of IPL? ;)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
My fantasy team

Kohli, Sharma, Pant, Pandaya, Gill, Hales, Tye, Morris, Rashid, Axar, Thampi
Why have you taken two SRH players when they play on the 4th match day? There are 75 subs for the first 56 matches I think.

Sandyman

So they're the Juventus of IPL? ;)
By recent comparisons, should be Madrid, given they did win it! :P

Why have you taken two SRH players when they play on the 4th match day? There are 75 subs for the first 56 matches I think.
Have many people registered? Don't know if I'll have the time to closely follow and make subs, but might as well give it a shot.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'll skip the fantasy league this year. Just isn't enough competition in the caf league and I'll let someone else win it this time.

KM

I'll skip the fantasy league this year. Just isn't enough competition in the caf league and I'll let someone else win it this time.
I was leading the league until I stopped playing it midway. FFS.

KM

By recent comparisons, should be Madrid, given they did win it! :P

Have many people registered? Don't know if I'll have the time to closely follow and make subs, but might as well give it a shot.
It takes time to create an initial team but after that it takes 5 mins to see what team is playing and what changes to make.

Hitchez

Are they going to have multiple opening ceremonies again like last year? I hope not.

Kohli says in the paper today that RCB have a very balanced squad:lol:. But the groundsmen have been working very hard on the pitch I hear to ensure it's not as slow as it was last year. They'll probably bottle it like they always do but at least they might not be so awful with the bat.

I like the look of RR. They look an interesting team this time around and losing Smith might be a blessing imo. Don't think he's very good in T20's. Willaimson being captain for SRH is another strange piece of decision making.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Are they going to have multiple opening ceremonies again like last year? I hope not.

Kohli says in the paper today that RCB have a very balanced squad:lol:. But the groundsmen have been working very hard on the pitch I hear to ensure it's not as slow as it was last year. They'll probably bottle it like they always do but at least they might not be so awful with the bat.

I like the look of RR. They look an interesting team this time around and losing Smith might be a blessing imo. Don't think he's very good in T20's. Willaimson being captain for SRH is another strange piece of decision making.
What do you expect him to say? That RCB have fecked up squad?

Looks like they have good squad and maybe for the first team in years they have some decent bowlers.

Hitchez

What do you expect him to say? That RCB have fecked up squad?

Looks like they have good squad and maybe for the first team in years they have some decent bowlers.
Well, they have fecked their squad again not that I expect Kohli to admit he's ever wrong...

All the bowlers (with the exception of Sundar perhaps) they've picked up tend to be very expensive. Combine that with the fact they'll be playing half their games at a ground that's that's not known to be very kind to the bowlers. Southee, woakes and Yadav all go for lots of runs.

For all of Kohli's silly posturing I expect them to revert to their old formula of relying on their batting at some point. De Kock, Mccullum, Kohli and ABD will likely be their top 4 once they realize their bowling is crap again.

From the point of view of a neutral that's exciting if it clicks but it's not going to win them shit.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well, they have fecked their squad again not that I expect Kohli to admit he's ever wrong...

All the bowlers (with the exception of Sundar perhaps) they've picked up tend to be very expensive. Combine that with the fact they'll be playing half their games at a ground that's that's not known to be very kind to the bowlers. Southee, woakes and Yadav all go for lots of runs.

For all of Kohli's silly posturing I expect them to revert to their old formula of relying on their batting at some point. De Kock, Mccullum, Kohli and ABD will likely be their top 4 once they realize their bowling is crap again.

From the point of view of a neutral that's exciting if it clicks but it's not going to win them shit.
Thank God Kohli have better mentality and thinks we have good team. Imagine going with loser mentality before the ball is even bowled.

Last season we relied on shit bowlers, compared to then Umesh Yadhav is like Mcgrath. He will be expensive as always but he is good wicket taker.

NinjaFletch

Plunkett's been picked up as replacement for Rabada.

That's an interesting pick and I'd be interested to see how he goes. He has been excellent for England in all white ball forms for a couple of years, but I think there's a sense he's a bit one dimensional.

prath92

Plunkett's been picked up as replacement for Rabada.

That's an interesting pick and I'd be interested to see how he goes. He has been excellent for England in all white ball forms for a couple of years, but I think there's a sense he's a bit one dimensional.
Doubt he will get much play time if I’m being honest.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Doubt he will get much play time if I’m being honest.
Rabada play for DD, right? Who else do they have?

Edit: I have seen. I think he could possibly play. I dont think Boult has done great in the IPL so theres always a chance.

Traub

Not sure who to support this year. RCB have the top South Africans probably

prath92

Lost in the united game but that was some game last night.

Bravo with a sensational knock of 68(30) hitting close to 40 runs in the death off mclenaghan and bumrah. Jadhav despite injury guides csk home

zing

Zingle balls
Lost in the united game but that was some game last night.

Bravo with a sensational knock of 68(30) hitting close to 40 runs in the death off mclenaghan and bumrah. Jadhav despite injury guides csk home
Was a complete smash and grab. Out of it for 17 overs. Jadhav's shot was incredible. Rohit captaincy and fizz bowling lost it for Mumbai in the end.

prath92

Rahul went full on there. Immense hitting. Mishra will retire after this game mostly:lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"That's the wicket they wanted"

Hate this phrase. It's used way too often and most of the times it's misused. Commentator is having a laugh if he really believes that taking the wicket of a guy on 7(4) is better than the wicket of a bloke 51(15).

zing

Zingle balls
Every team looks pretty average this year till now.

Hitchez

'Balanced' team LMAO. Kohli is so full of shit, it's unreal.

Even ignoring the the obvious rubbishness of the bowling lineup, what kind of team goes into a T20 game with only 5 bowling options?

Hitchez

That said 170 with none of the top 4 getting a truly big score is good stuff which is why they are the most entertaining team. They'll need to be around 200 every game however to stand much of a chance however.

zing

Zingle balls
'Balanced' team LMAO. Kohli is so full of shit, it's unreal.

Even ignoring the the obvious rubbishness of the bowling lineup, what kind of team goes into a T20 game with only 5 bowling options?
I think rcb team is quite good. They will experiment and get better, they have enough Indian batsmen and bowlers on the bench to make this work.

I am tipping them to be in the top 3.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rcb should have changed their Captain but they are scared of hurting kohli . Year in year out they have the same issues tbh . Kohli and AB are so good though that Rcb will probably still make the playoffs but their issues remain the same as ever i.e no middle lower order batting and not enough firepower in the bowling