IPL 2019

MJJ

Doesn't play, severely inconsistent, strike rates in the last few years for MS the "power hitter" Dhoni: 80, 84, 71 and 78, not a power hitter when you start every innings 30 from 60 and not a power hitter just the best batsman in existence.

Go to youtube and watch Yuvi from 2009, thats a fecking powerhitter. You might remember when he tore your arseholes back in 2006, as well. Best hitter in ODI cricket Yuvi was from 2006-2009. 85 sixes in three years back then in 86 matches.
I mean I wasnt talking about the current team, was a general observation on your batsmen over the years. All we have had in the last ten years or so was akmal, fakhar (you might remember when he tore your arseholes in the cl final) and imad recently who is shit.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I mean I wasnt talking about the current team, was a general observation on your batsmen over the years. All we have had in the last ten years or so was akmal, fakhar (you might remember when he tore your arseholes in the cl final) and imad recently who is shit.
I was challenging your opinion of us having power hitters which we don't. Even for your point of "over the years" it doesn't count. Dhoni hasn't been a power hitter since that 148 he scored against you guys in 2005. His strike rate after 50 matches was 99 or something, now its 87. Rohit isn't a power hitter, watch him play properly, he can only ever hit big in the last 10 to 15 overs.

As I said, our power hitters over the last 15 years or so were Yuvi and Sehwag - both displayed consistency and the ability to tear any attack at any point in the game. Kind of what Englands fake team is doing now on those super flat wickets.

JohnnyKills

Will be interesting to see how the Royals go today. As an Englishman, they're the team I'd like to win it (particularly with Warne involved).

Looks like they've recruited well and have firepower throughout. Really think Livingstone could be a good signing if he gets a game - he should be in the England T20 side right now.

JohnnyKills

I’m also supporting MI as always, the batting looks very good, but the bowling attack will cost them.
No idea why they signed Ben Cutting, poor with the bat and leaks runs for fun with the ball his economy rate in the IPL is over 9.
I know Mcclanaghan takes wickets but again he goes for plenty economy over 8.5.

Think it will be KKR’s year
Yeah I agree. Cutting just looks average with bat and ball.

Apparently Malinga's going to miss six or seven games to play in the Sri Lankan comp, so it looks like MI are stuck with the attack they've got now.

JohnnyKills

I was challenging your opinion of us having power hitters which we don't. Even for your point of "over the years" it doesn't count. Dhoni hasn't been a power hitter since that 148 he scored against you guys in 2005. His strike rate after 50 matches was 99 or something, now its 87. Rohit isn't a power hitter, watch him play properly, he can only ever hit big in the last 10 to 15 overs.

As I said, our power hitters over the last 15 years or so were Yuvi and Sehwag - both displayed consistency and the ability to tear any attack at any point in the game. Kind of what Englands fake team is doing now on those super flat wickets.
Sorry troll, no food for you today.

kthanksbye

I’m also supporting MI as always, the batting looks very good, but the bowling attack will cost them.
No idea why they signed Ben Cutting, poor with the bat and leaks runs for fun with the ball his economy rate in the IPL is over 9.
I know Mcclanaghan takes wickets but again he goes for plenty economy over 8.5.

Think it will be KKR’s year
Yes, clearly missing a top spinner, even at Wankhede, yesterday the bowling was very one dimensional, all the bowlers bowled at similar pace. Delhi bowled a lot of slower knuckle balls which we didn't and it cost us the game. A wrist spinner would've been helpful, Krunal is neither a front-line spinner nor a turner of the ball.

Apart from Surya and Rohit, I don't have much hopes from our batting, QdK is class but his role at the top means he's going to take more risks. Yuvi is more cold than hot, same with Pollard, the other all rounders are neither this nor that.

JohnnyKills

Yes, clearly missing a top spinner, even at Wankhede, yesterday the bowling was very one dimensional, all the bowlers bowled at similar pace. Delhi bowled a lot of slower knuckle balls which we didn't and it cost us the game. A wrist spinner would've been helpful, Krunal is neither a front-line spinner nor a turner of the ball.

Apart from Surya and Rohit, I don't have much hopes from our batting, QdK is class but his role at the top means he's going to take more risks. Yuvi is more cold than hot, same with Pollard, the other all rounders are neither this nor that.
Agree with all this.

Krunal just looks like a net bowler tbh, offers control but little threat.

As you say, it looked like all the seam bowlers were getting it down at 85mph apart from Bumrah and not doing anything with the ball.

Tbf there weren't too many good bowling options in the auction. Most of the top bowlers are already signed up to other franchises, and the World Cup means some bowlers have decided to skip this year's tournament.

No doubt the WC will unleash loads of exciting new bowlers and there'll be more options in 2020.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't have a problem with mankading but ashwin stopped midway and waited for Buttler to go out of the crease. No way it was out.

JohnnyKills

Anyway, at least Steve Smith's in now. Just the man you want when there's a bit of cheating flying around.

zing

Zingle balls
Hows that out? Should be dead ball of the bowler stops and the batsman is in the crease.

Smith comes to the crease under the cloud of bad sportsmanship all around him. Much irony in that.

JohnnyKills

Hows that out? Should be dead ball of the bowler stops and the batsman is in the crease.

Smith comes to the crease under the cloud of bad sportsmanship all around him. Much irony in that.
Looks horribly out of nick too doesn't he.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why the feck has they sent Stokes before Smith?

Edit: what a fecking shot.

JohnnyKills

Who the feck thought it was a good idea to pick Sam Curran for a tournament in India?

zing

Zingle balls
Who the feck thought it was a good idea to pick Sam Curran for a tournament in India?
Paying 1 million for a 120kmph trundler.. this is going to end only one way.

Rcb were the other team in the bidding war. Tells you just how much some of these teams think.

JohnnyKills

Paying 1 million for a 120kmph trundler.. this is going to end only one way.

Rcb were the other team in the bidding war. Tells you just how much some of these teams think.
Haha. He's taken a wicket now. Shows us doesn't it!

JohnnyKills

Seriously, was absolutely brainless from Samson wasn't it. New guy at the crease and the run rate is nothing out of the ordinary for an IPL game.