IPL 2024

zing

Zingle balls
If I was RCB, I'd ask for a refund from Maxwell. As @Ish said earlier, he's been crap the entire tournament, and this isn't the first time in the IPL.
I wish someone would generate a ‘dollars per run’ metric for batters. Maxwell must have an extremely high number. Consistently paid megabucks and has had one good season in like a decade.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
If I was RCB, I'd ask for a refund from Maxwell. As @Ish said earlier, he's been crap the entire tournament, and this isn't the first time in the IPL.
Yep, he was even dropped (he requested it as well because he knew he was struggling) and should never have been allowed back in. I guess his price meant a bit of pressure as I’m not sure they had many alternatives.
I wish someone would generate a ‘dollars per run’ metric for batters. Maxwell must have an extremely high number. Consistently paid megabucks and has had one good season in like a decade.
Yep, he’s never really showed any type of form in IPL cricket, barring that one season.

Strange, I was thinking the other day that the Aussie batters who have generally settled well are mostly the lefties: Marsh, Warner, Hussey and now Head seems to be doing alright. Then from the older editions: Hayden, Gilchrist.

Watson’s been one of their only all rounders (that I can recall anyway) who’s performed consistently in the IPL as well. Jury’s out on Mitch Marsh and now, Green.

MDFC Manager

Yep, he was even dropped (he requested it as well because he knew he was struggling) and should never have been allowed back in. I guess his price meant a bit of pressure as I’m not sure they had many alternatives.

Yep, he’s never really showed any type of form in IPL cricket, barring that one season.

Strange, I was thinking the other day that the Aussie batters who have generally settled well are mostly the lefties: Marsh, Warner, Hussey and now Head seems to be doing alright. Then from the older editions: Hayden, Gilchrist.

Watson’s been one of their only all rounders (that I can recall anyway) who’s performed consistently in the IPL as well. Jury’s out on Mitch Marsh and now, Green.
Yeah once Will Jacks left, replacing him with Maxwell was the only real option, especially as Maxwell has bowled well enough. Diabolical way to get out today while batting though, especially after a vital cameo in the previous game.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah once Will Jacks left, replacing him with Maxwell was the only real option, especially as Maxwell has bowled well enough. Diabolical way to get out today while batting though, especially after a vital cameo in the previous game.
Yep, should’ve taken a few balls to knock it around and get his eye in. Alas, nightmarish tournament for him.

zing

Zingle balls
I am seeing a lot of praise for Andy Flower and how he will build a team. Was it not Andy Flower who built this bowling attack? Genuine question.

A few seasons ago, I thought RCB had a very good bowling attack. Hazlewood, Chahal, Sundar, Hasaranga and for some reason, they went and tore it up.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I am seeing a lot of praise for Andy Flower and how he will build a team. Was it not Andy Flower who built this bowling attack? Genuine question.

A few seasons ago, I thought RCB had a very good bowling attack. Hazlewood, Chahal, Sundar, Hasaranga and for some reason, they went and tore it up.
I don't know about the rest of the bowlers you mentioned, but I don't think Josh Hazlewood is overly keen on T20. I know this year he didn't play because his wife was expecting a baby, but overall he just doesn't play that much anyway. I think he has played less than 50 T20 games in franchise cricket over his entire career.

MDFC Manager

Agreed. There hasn't been any great vision over the team building. It just fortuitously fell into place with consistent mini performances from several players. Not keeping Hasaranga was quite funny, given that it was essentially history repeating the way Chahal wasn't kept and let go.

prateik

The commentator hyping that catch.. was probably the simplest catch you could take.. I wouldve caught that :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Yeah, even Harshal was the leading wicket taker in the tournament one season and then he was let go by RCB? He’s still a fairly effective bowler these days and I think he was still the leading wicket taker the other day.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The Klaasen wicket really took the steam out of SRH.

zing

Zingle balls
Kohler-CAdmore - is he any good?

He's putting enormous pressure on the team rn

IRN-BRUno

Kohler-CAdmore - is he any good?

He's putting enormous pressure on the team rn
Haven't seen him in these IPL games but his slow scoring is surprising because he generally tees off from ball one. He averaged 35 with a SR of 160 in the Blast last year which put him on the verge of England's T20 side.

zing

Zingle balls
Jaiswal has been brilliant. He was stood at the other end watching Kohler Cadmore put them massively behind, and hasn't lost his composure.

MDFC Manager

RR tried to throw it away two nights ago and failed. They're succeeding today. Samson fecking wasteman.

I thought we'd see SRH and KKR faceoff again and very happy too see it's happening. Should be good fun.

sport2793

Think this game showed the value that Abhishek Sharma brings even if he doesn’t fire with the bat. Will be an important player moving forward

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah long way back now.
Thought whoever won the toss would have definitely chosen to bowl first. So surprised by that Cummins decision, albeit I know they defended their 170 superbly the other night. Still seems a risky choice with this ball moving around as much as it is. Guess Abishek and Head both also fell out of a bit of form when it really mattered for the team. Good opportunity for an out of sorts Markram to come in and bide his time a bit, in the hope Klaasen can come in and do some damage at the end. Guess that’s their main hope now.

MDFC Manager

Thought whoever won the toss would have definitely chosen to bowl first. So surprised by that Cummins decision, albeit I know they defended their 170 superbly the other night. Still seems a risky choice with this ball moving around as much as it is. Guess Abishek and Head both also fell out of a bit of form when it really mattered for the team. Good opportunity for an out of sorts Markram to come in and bide his time a bit, in the hope Klaasen can come in and do some damage at the end. Guess that’s their main hope now.
Agreed. Guess 170 is par and even that's a long long way away.

MDFC Manager

Yeah, their big Dre Russ gets Markram as well. They’ll be lucky to be hitting 130-140 at this rate.
Yeah it's nearly game over now. Don't think they're getting anything respectable now.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah it's nearly game over now. Don't think they're getting anything respectable now.
Yep, they’ve done well to make it to the final but their batters have let them down in this match. I still don’t think they should have been batting first (but what do I know). Now it’s 7 down. Yikes. Could be one of the least competitive finals in the history of the tournament.

zing

Zingle balls
Tickets were available for the game day before and today. Considered going but didn’t. Didn’t miss much.

KKR have won this without breaking a sweat.

Old Ma Crow

Surprised Cummins chose to bat first so will be interesting to hear his rationale. It’s a shame the final is so one sided after a cracking tournament.

MDFC Manager

Surprised Cummins chose to bat first so will be interesting to hear his rationale. It’s a shame the final is so one sided after a cracking tournament.
Well he wouldn't have expected his batters to wet the bed this badly

zing

Zingle balls
Oddly I think KKR benefited from retaining Venky Iyer over Shubman, despite the latter being a superior cricketer.