g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

IPL 2024

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yes indeed! I think the total sixes record has been smashed to bits already, with games to go.
No doubt! Batting has just gone bobbins during this edition. Previous highest score was like 266 or therearound and it’s been broken 2-3 times this edition alone :lol:
I wouldn't bet against it. Definitely 20 runs below what GT would have liked.
Yeah they were on course for 250-260.

zing

Zingle balls
I am surprised N Srinivasan isnt on the phone orchestrating some dodgy decisions to get the farewell Thala deserves

zing

Zingle balls
that was an extraordinary shot, like watching the fecking matrix or something

AshRK

Csk are in a bit of a hole now. They would be super happy that Lucknow's form has deteriorated or else they would have been in deep trouble.

Their next 2 games are against RR and RCB. If rcb beats delhi and RR beats CSK, that last match becomes a do or die for both. Should be a cracker. But as a Delhi supporter, I hope we beat RCB and Csk loses both their games.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Csk are in a bit of a hole now. They would be super happy that Lucknow's form has deteriorated or else they would have been in deep trouble.

Their next 2 games are against RR and RCB. If rcb beats delhi and RR beats CSK, that last match becomes a do or die for both. Should be a cracker. But as a Delhi supporter, I hope we beat RCB and Csk loses both their games.
I'm torn with DC this year. I can't abide David Warner, but I love watching Fraser-McGurk. So since atm Warner's out and McGurk's in I hope you at least beat RR so my Sunrisers can maybe make the top 2.

AshRK

Yeah. We don't really have any bowlers and our batting is hit or miss. I can't believe we let GT score 200+

Two of top 3 bowlers (Pathirana & Rahman) are out and it really shows! Deshpande & Jadeja should be the spine with Santner pitching in as best he can!
Csk really need to get rid of chahar (can't believe they paid 14 cr for him) and shardul. Need to revamp their bowling before next season.

They were lucky not to lose by big margin yesterday. I kept on wondering what if it was srh instead of GT yesterday against that bowling, that could have been 300.

zing

Zingle balls
Csk really need to get rid of chahar (can't believe they paid 14 cr for him) and shardul. Need to revamp their bowling before next season.

They were lucky not to lose by big margin yesterday. I kept on wondering what if it was srh instead of GT yesterday against that bowling, that could have been 300.
Chahar I agree. Must be the most over-priced Indian player in the IPL.

CSK's not had a great bowling in last 5-6 years. They have lots of 7 out of 10 bowlers + do condition doping at home to be so dominant. Thakur is not that different from Tushar Deshpande or Mustafizur. In fact I think Mustafizur's a bigger problem than anyone else because the opportunity cost is much higher when your foreigner slot is occupied by an average bowler. Pathirana is a guy who looks very good when the other 3-4 have choked the team.. he's not a strike bowler.

I think that + the fact that in the batting Devon Conway isn't around -- he was solid and allowed everyone in CSK's very long batting order to swing their bat wildly was what worked. This season, Mitchell and Rachin have been poor.

If they stick to the same template, replace Rahane and upgrade some of the foreigner slots, I think they'll be as competitive as last season. In 5 years they've never really looked a great team, it's a bits and pieces team.

Moeen is rubbish in the IPL as well.

MDFC Manager

RR have turned to shit. They could yet finish top but looking more likely they'll finish 3rd/4th and get dumped in the eliminator

AshRK

RR have turned to shit. They could yet finish top but looking more likely they'll finish 3rd/4th and get dumped in the eliminator
They always peak early and become shit in the second half of the season. They would need to beat punjab next game or they lose the top 2

MDFC Manager

5 wins in a row :lol: most of them comprehensive wins too

Think we'll still fall agonisingly short though.

zing

Zingle balls
Not even the possibilities but would be amazing if it comes to it! Looks like a few teams might end up on the same points
I just did some very rough back of the envelope calc. If CSK make 200, RCB need to chase in 18 to leapfrog CSK. This isn't much and can easily happen

MDFC Manager

I just did some very rough back of the envelope calc. If CSK make 200, RCB need to chase in 18 to leapfrog CSK. This isn't much and can easily happen
Then there's a chance of rain as well to add to the drama!

Tonight it's stayed away during the match but just started absolutely pouring.

zing

Zingle balls
Then there's a chance of rain as well to add to the drama!

Tonight it's stayed away during the match but just started absolutely pouring.
Are you from Banglore? I know you live there

I love watching RCB get eliminated for the lulz. I will be bitterly disappointed if RCB knock us out

MDFC Manager

Are you from Banglore? I know you live there

I love watching RCB get eliminated for the lulz. I will be bitterly disappointed if RCB knock us out
Yes, from Bangalore. No love lost from our side either, would love to knock out CSK too :lol: Though unlike you, it's only these fleeting moments of joy, every once a while.

MDFC Manager

RR are stuck in real poor form, if they had won one less game I think they wouldn't make it

AshRK

What a collapse from RR. They have made a habit of having a poor second half. Suddenly they look like a side from a strong contenders to a bottom 2 side.

Srh should capitalize on it and try to finish in top 2.

My play off matches will be KKR vs SRH and Rr vs CSK

zing

Zingle balls
Somehow every IPL season I watch has this dynamic where the table looks close, but each match in the run in individually feels like it has no impact

Been a dull week. LSG will bow out timidly today

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If KL Rahul can get out or stay away from the strike, LSG will win this going away.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
If KL Rahul can get out or stay away from the strike, LSG will win this going away.
MI could still possibly win this although I don't think it's likely, but KL Rahul is like an anchor. He scores at 8 runs per over, the rest of the team at 12.