Iran Plane Crash and Subsequent Protests

Fergies Gum

Its now being reported Iran shot down the Ukrainian Flight 752 which killed 176 people.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
There's also shrapnel damage on released images. But why would they do it

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What a horrific thing to have happened if that is the case. It was awful anyway but to think it was completely avoidable and a horrible accident just makes it worse.

That would explain why Iran are refusing to let external investigators in.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
fecking shambles. 63 Canadians dead along with numerous other Iranian scientists who were traveling back to universities in North America after vacation. feck this lot.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Damn, if true...kind of similar to Malaysia Airlines in 2014?

TheReligion

Abusive
Whatever side you want to take I think it's clear it points to Iran given they had launched a middle attack at the same time.

Oldyella

It seems far too big of a coincidence to be anything but a missile strike of some kind, but I would not trust America's word that it was the case. Either way, it is a horrific accident which was so easily avoided if true. Dick swinging has led to 176 innocent deaths.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Given that they are not sharing the black box, that seems likely.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Imagine telling someone 3 years ago that Iran would have the same truth rating as America.

I mean, it may well have been the case 3 years ago, but to see people immediately question, rather than take American messaging as the truth.... Would have been inconceivable just a few years back.

Member 90887

CNN did a piece on this yesterday, there was an American expert there saying that from the hundreds pictures they got, nothing points to a missile strike. He was saying that it woud have shown on the different parts of the plane.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
CNN did a piece on this yesterday, there was an American expert there saying that from the hundreds pictures they got, nothing points to a missile strike. He was saying that it woud have shown on the different parts of the plane.
Oh...that's kind of weird? Either the intelligence agencies are wrong or that expert is wrong.

Fergies Gum

Yeah I wonder why that's there "assessment"? There is absolutely no way they would know either way, I do personally think it was however.
I don't know how you can claim that when you consider the assets US military have at their disposal. They will have tools like satellites, radar systems and intercepted communications to come to this judgement.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Oh...that's kind of weird? Either the intelligence agencies are wrong or that expert is wrong.
Missile strikes leave a lot of telltale signs in the wreckage. I haven't seen the CNN report but I'd trust that expert over intelligence agencies who have their own agendas.

Hopefully in time we'll learn the truth one way or another.

Fergies Gum

Other experts were saying yesterday the plane may have been shot down.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Migrant crisis? The Calais camp was a significant talking point not so long ago.
I'm not sure about the link with world peace and I wouldn't call it a signficant talking about point around here. Syria is just a weird answer, I don't know a single person that would give that answer.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm not sure about the link with world peace and I wouldn't call it a signficant talking about point around here. Syria is just a weird answer, I don't know a single person that would give that answer.
Poll was in 2013, at the height of it (or shortly after the peak?)

sport2793

I wouldn't believe the Americans or the Iranians. Both have agendas. We will probably never know the truth. For what it's worth, I don't think the Iranians did this.
Think you will turn out very wrong in this case sadly. Mind, it was probably a mistake but irresponsible nonetheless.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Doesnt change the fact that Iran has acted stupidly here. I had even commented that before this they were playing the situation very well.
I was replying to someone who claimed that Iran was hated by the world, while in fact if there's one country hated by the world, it's the US.

sport2793

I was replying to someone who claimed that Iran was hated by the world, while in fact if there's one country hated by the world, it's the US.
Ya the US is definitely hated, having traveled a lot overseas and people telling me so :lol:. In fact if it wasnt for Pak, India would probably vote US also.

Dont know why some people are defensive about it, Rome also had many enemies in it's time, so did countless other hegemons, it's natural.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Poll was in 2013, at the height of it (or shortly after the peak?)
As I said it wasn't that big of a topic when it comes to Syria. Around here it was more about Libya and what happened in Lampedusa but it was from an humanitarian standpoint not world peace. After 2015 it could have been ISIS due to Charlie Hebdo but I don't know anyone that links it to Syria. And the biggest subject in France in 2013 was gay marriage and Assisted reproductive technology.

I'm genuinely curious to know how Syria ended up being the french nomination.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Don't you sometimes wish we had some cataclysmic event or extraterrestrials arriving to finally - if only for a short time - unite the world like in some of the movies?

In some ways I feel like the people of the world are yearning for something more than ever but our leaders are also fanning the flames more than before to feck that up.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
As I said it wasn't that big of a topic when it comes to Syria. Around here it was more about Libya and what happened in Lampedusa but it was from an humanitarian standpoint not world peace. After 2015 it could have been ISIS due to Charlie Hebdo but I don't know anyone that links it to Syria. And the biggest subject in France in 2013 was gay marriage and Assisted reproductive technology.

I'm genuinely curious to know how Syria ended up being the french nomination.
Isn't Syria historically an area of French influence, JP? My recollection of Sykes-Picot is hazy at best.