Iran v US confrontation

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
We need a alien invasion to teach the US a lesson and put them in their place. If Hollywood movies have taught me anything is they only tend to attack the US
They typically attack New York City or Los Angeles, which are places who don't vote Republican. We need them to attack Texas.
I'll be very surprised if there isn't a big terrorist attack in the US in 2020.
By who? A white supremacist? Yeah probably.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Trump has been played from the start, by North Korea, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Russia, China, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

He's tried to appease them all and has turned his back on working treaties and agreements and decades old alliences.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
:lol: feck me

“Know your audience” comes to mind

We will bitch and moan about taking down statues of traitors to the United States, but gleefully cheer a president who threatens to destroy priceless world history sites.

We are a shambles.
You're worse than a shambles mate.

What's even worse is I know half of you at least are intelligent, articulate, kind and caring people. You all want and deserve so much better.

The trouble is... That's not enough. Worse still, the rest speak louder and that's all anyone else hears.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
feck me Trump’s tweets read worse than that of a child, the guy just can’t control his fingers. Hilarious (in an absolutely mental kinda way) that he’d threaten Iran with war crimes. Without even getting in to the implications those actions would have on US alliances with Shi’ites in Iraq and region.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If that’s true, then shame on them for presenting it as an option.

I believe they knew he’d go for it
Agreed, the Pentagon know Trump better than anyone. If they put it on the list it's because they knew he'd take it and they knew he'd be the one taking responsibility.

Giggsyking

feck me Trump’s tweets read worse than that of a child, the guy just can’t control his fingers. Hilarious (in an absolutely mental kinda way) that he’d threaten Iran with war crimes. Without even getting in to the implications those actions would have on US alliances with Shi’ites in Iraq and region.
Let me tell you, the two months iraqi youth protests across the bridge from the green zone in Baghdad broke down yesterday. Many went home because the felt USA put them under pressure as they are easy targets to the Militias now. The Shia uprise in Baghdad in southern iraq against the corrupted government has cooled down thanks to the US.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Let me tell you, the two months iraqi youth protests across the bridge from the green zone in Baghdad broke down yesterday. Many went home because the felt USA put them under pressure as they are easy targets to the Militias now. The Shia uprise in Baghdad in southern iraq against the corrupted government has cooled down thanks to the US.
A big woopsie for liberty.

Giggsyking

Just when the Iraqi people were on the edge of changing the government and the succeeded in forcing the PM to resign. The US do this

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
TBF:
Iran's Qasem Soleimani Is Guiding Iraqi Forces in Fight Against ISIS
from *drumroll* NBC News.
That article is the perfect example of the mystique I’m on about - “a general known for his military might and political prowess has stepped out of the shadows to shepherd the fight...the man known as the "Shadow Commander" and "Dark Knight" in Western media...”

Nobody’s denying he played a role, but many many actors have, since ISIS made enemies of everyone - in Iraq, the Iraqi army, Peshmerga and US Air Force have all been crucial, and in Syria the SDF and US in the north-east, the Russians and the SAA around Damascus and Deir Ezzor, and much earlier in 2014 it was a coalition of the most powerful rebel groups including al-Qaeda who expelled ISIS entirely from Aleppo Province.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yet can't afford medicare. It's so sad what Americans take pride in.
Exactly, people (white citizens to ram the point home to langster) dropping dead from curable diseases within your own borders, why would an external attack be required?

Giggsyking

TBF:
Iran's Qasem Soleimani Is Guiding Iraqi Forces in Fight Against ISIS
from *drumroll* NBC News.
If you are going to choose one man who defeated ISIS, Iraqis would choose a name they will choose a commander named Abdul Wahab Al-Saaedi. But it is not a single person. It is mostly done by cooperation of many forces, Iraqi army, iraqi airforce, US airforce, Peshmerga and including the PMU that Solemani was a consult for. But the biggest work done on the ground by the (ISOF) iraqi special operations force, they were the first to enter every city occupied by ISIS.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are we supposed to think that there wasn't a single intelligent being in that process? Someone that would have uttered:"Guys don't give him that option, he is stupid!"

I have a hard time believing all these reports.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Honestly, I find all the Trump bashing regarding this particular issue a bit cringe. He's unique in the sense that he talks a lot of shite on social media about it, but he isn't the first and won't be the last US president to commit acts like this.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Are we supposed to think that there wasn't a single intelligent being in that process? Someone that would have uttered:"Guys don't give him that option, he is stupid!"

Yeah. I think so to. It was either an eagerly awaited "accident" or the story is BS.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If that’s true, then shame on them for presenting it as an option.

I believe they knew he’d go for it
It's like if they shot an episode of Seinfeld in the White House

Think it's the Pentagon trying to throw Trump under the bus.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Honestly, I find all the Trump bashing regarding this particular issue a bit cringe. He's unique in the sense that he talks a lot of shite on social media about it, but he isn't the first and won't be the last US president to commit acts like this.
He is a total and utter moron and deserves everything that is thrown at him. You have to call people like that out for what they are.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Then he is absolved from criticism. Crack on Don.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Remember that vainglorious anonymous statement about silent guardians in the Trump administration valiantly striving to curb his worst instincts? Such typically hubristic crap...

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Remember that vainglorious anonymous statement about silent guardians in the Trump administration valiantly striving to curb his worst instincts? Such typically hubristic crap...
To be fair the intelligence report would have come from career analysts in the Pentagon rather than his administration.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

It gets to a point when you can no longer defend the indefensible. This guy has repeatedly and unashamedly shown contempt for due process, rule of law and administrative protocols. He's even plunging the constitution into crisis. He's a very dangerous man and you think that is a bit cringe?