Iran v US confrontation

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Oh posted a reply to you before seeing this. It's crazy isn't it? The MAGA crowd are foaming at the mouth with every Trump tweet. They're actually praising God that he was sent to them. fecking mental!!
Yeah, as I said I've had to tune that out and just concentrate on the actual Tweet feed. That's crazy enough as it is without reading through the replies.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Part of me thinks he should just continue upping the level of deranged gibberish, because at some point there must be a backlash even for him. Then again, US politics have become so crazy that there's no guarantee at all, and he's definitely capable of acting on his delusions.

Giggsyking

He's gone fecking full rogue now. Seriously, the US helped fight to give Iraq democracy and now they don't like them using democracy to make decisions so they are going to punish them for it?

Trump is really digging a hole here. He's going to start losing support soon, surely?
Oh boy, back to 1991! and Iraqis with no food or medicine for 13 years.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah, as I said I've had to tune that out and just concentrate on the actual Tweet feed. That's crazy enough as it is without reading through the replies.
I can't help but read some of it. It's morbid curiosity. I'm seeing a lot of "we should just strike their government now, because we can" tweets. It's fascinating and disturbing at the same time, just how people think.

Moiraine

My goodness, we are living in a mad mad world.

If US Attacks cultural sites, what is the difference between them and Taliban ?

Moiraine

This is so sad that it really hurts. I wish for some miracle that fills the world with peace.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
feel like pure shit want her back x

Part of me thinks he should just continue upping the level of deranged gibberish, because at some point there must be a backlash even for him. Then again, US politics have become so crazy that there's no guarantee at all, and he's definitely capable of acting on his delusions.
If you believe the NYT story about him choosing the most extreme one from a bunch of options*, checks don't seem to work at all.

*I think it's the military covering it's own ass

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
If you believe the NYT story about him choosing the most extreme one from a bunch of options*, those kinds of checks don't seem to work.
They obviously don't, hence the second part of my post.

The way things unfold, the US may lose a vital chunk of their leverage in Iraq (and beyond) in a totally self-produced "strategical" disaster. The question is how much damage to its material interests can the US take before doing something about it? It's not a suggestive question, I honestly have no idea atm.

Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

He's gone fecking full rogue now. Seriously, the US helped fight to give Iraq democracy and now they don't like them using democracy to make decisions so they are going to punish them for it?

Trump is really digging a hole here. He's going to start losing support soon, surely?
Honestly if the Rs want to retain power and restore "normalcy" this seems to be the perfect time to do it. Don't fight the Dems on impeachment and everything else targeting him right now, major Iranian/ME accomplished by the neo cons/Netanyahu/SA, blame Dems for not taking security serious. Economy still doing good. Put Pence in. Dems gain either Senate or Presidency. Economy tanks. Iran/ME issue continuous to escalate. Blame the Dems for it all.

MTF

If you believe the NYT story about him choosing the most extreme one from a bunch of options*, checks don't seem to work at all.

*I think it's the military covering it's own ass
I thought of the Anchorman "anything you put on that prompter, Burgundy will read". As in, you masters of global delivery of bombs and missiles, you might be used to putting some viking type idea at the end of the powerpoint for other presidents to get them to choose the other more reasonable option you wanted. But that's not how it works with this one! Don't put that wild stuff on there! Put in 3 weak pussyfoot options, and then a 4th ok one so he goes with that.

Anchorman reference

Foxbatt

For the sake of the World security and safety Twitter should have banned his account. :lol:

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
How much power does he actually have over people? When he told them he wants to kill qassem soleimani why didn't they just give him a clip round the ears and tell him to crack on with another twitter post?

Are Americans genuinely this stupid?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
How much power does he actually have over people? When he told them he wants to kill qassem soleimani why didn't they just give him a clip round the ears and tell him to crack on with another twitter post?

Yes

If i was the general with the options card I'd probably cynically wish he chose this, and maybe... just maybe... he'll finally be properly impeached

Redplane

It's concerning no one in the military said (or at least didn't get through) - wait a sec - did the legislative branch agree to this, or at least was informed like in the buildup to the Bin Laden mission? Possible war and the issue of killing a government official aside - we are talking about a multi billion dollar expense item. If anything the Trump presidency shows how weak our institutions of power have become and how seemingly easily a POTUS and supporting cast can install people around the country to actively assist in undermining it all.

Would be interesting to see some reporters dig into any inside trading and moving and allocation of funds that preceded this and is probably ongoing as we speak.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It's concerning no one in the military said - wait a sec - did the legislative branch agree to this? If anything the Trump presidency shows how weak our institutions of power have become and how seemingly easily a POTUS and supporting cast can install people around the country to actively assist in undermining it all. Would be interesting to see some reporters dig into any inside trading and moving and allocation of funds that preceded this and is probably ongoing as we speak.
What can they do? Honestly?

The had vindman rebukked and vilified in public. And that's with the majority of the house behind him. Problem isnt trump alone, but trump and the full gop support.

If the gop arent this nuts trump would have been impeached long long time ago. But now he's practically a one man dictator

Redplane

What can they do? Honestly?

The had vindman rebukked and vilified in public. And that's with the majority of the house behind him. Problem isnt trump alone, but trump and the full gop support.

If the gop arent this nuts trump would have been impeached long long time ago. But now he's practically a one man dictator
Fair enough. And it did go under reported that several Pentagon officials resigned shortly before this mission.

Carolina Red

Staff

Because he’s the Commander in Chief of the military...?

They should have just not given him the option. “Know your audience”

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It's concerning no one in the military said (or at least didn't get through) - wait a sec - did the legislative branch agree to this, or at least was informed like in the buildup to the Bin Laden mission? If anything the Trump presidency shows how weak our institutions of power have become and how seemingly easily a POTUS and supporting cast can install people around the country to actively assist in undermining it all. Would be interesting to see some reporters dig into any inside trading and moving and allocation of funds that preceded this and is probably ongoing as we speak.
The Gang of Eight (the highest group in Congress that’s supposed to be briefed on national security) finding out about this via the internet is the embodiment of Trumpism.

GiddyUp

Honestly if the Rs want to retain power and restore "normalcy" this seems to be the perfect time to do it. Don't fight the Dems on impeachment and everything else targeting him right now, major Iranian/ME accomplished by the neo cons/Netanyahu/SA, blame Dems for not taking security serious. Economy still doing good. Put Pence in. Dems gain either Senate or Presidency. Economy tanks. Iran/ME issue continuous to escalate. Blame the Dems for it all.
Not a chance. It needs more homophobia, racism and incarcerated latino babies to get those conservative juices flowing. We've gone from Nixon to Reagan to Bush to Trump. I daresay another Republican president will end us all unless a more centrist figure can wrestle this party back. They are fecking terrorists, domestic and international and are selling western democracy out at a rapid pace. Not saying the systems in place are perfect but I think we can all agree we would all be fecked living in a trumpian/Republican/putin wet dream. Voting matters and in a system with two shit parties you have to suck it up and continue the fight. This type of escalation would never happen under a democratic president or majority.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not a chance. It needs more homophobia, racism and incarcerated latino babies to get those conservative juices flowing. We've gone from Nixon to Reagan to Bush to Trump. I daresay another Republican president will end us all unless a more centrist figure can wrestle this party back. They are fecking terrorists, domestic and international and are selling western democracy out at a rapid pace. Not saying the systems in place are perfect but I think we can all agree we would all be fecked living in a trumpian/Republican/putin wet dream. Voting matters and in a system with two shit parties you have to suck it up and continue the fight. This type of escalation would never happen under a democratic president or majority.
You never know, trump is the walder frey of game of thrones, he's the first one to set the examples. Wouldn't bet the next democratic president will play by the rules

GiddyUp

You never know, trump is the walder frey of game of thrones, he's the first one to set the examples. Wouldn't bet the next democratic president will play by the rules
I hope they start going after them properly. I always felt that Obama should have went for the Bush administration. Even if no prosecutions came from it at least shine a light on a cnut like Cheney and drag them through the ringer. Republicans are bold and brazen because Democrats allow it. They need a few more Anthony Weiners before he became Carlos Danger. Someone not afraid to verbally fight back. I want to see people give a shit again.

Redplane

Last edited:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Boris' comments on Trump are tantamount to Trump's comments on his own far right and racist support base. Your Tory vote in action, congrats all.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It really is bizarre reading all this one twitter of all places, and with it poorly drafted and childish statements about bombing other countries and massive threats. It reads like a bunch of school kids have got control of the world, which doesn't seem to be far off. Would never have guessed governments were happy to look this unprofessional and childish to the world. If this was a company, they would be laughed at and no one would want to hire them, yet half of america seems to be loving it.

At the moment it seems as if Trump is just frothing at the mouth waiting for Iran to do something, and then surprised that Iraq are upset as well. I would love to see this bring Iraq and Iran closer, and the USA being kicked out of Iraq.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
President Trump has threatened severe sanctions against Iraq after its parliament called on US troops to leave the country.

"We have a very extraordinarily expensive air base that's there. It cost billions of dollars to build. We're not leaving unless they pay us back for it," he told reporters.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51003159
Erm... Im no legal expert but I'm pretty sure he's proposing an illegal occupation

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How many years have people been saying this for now?

Chicharito_

Atleast should've been in business class if not for first class :(
The sad thing about this is who are the other people that were murdered in this drone strike. I imagine one of them would have just been an innocent driver doing a job to provide for their family but is just seen as a pawn in this violent game of chess.

I have tried searching for the other victims in this strike but can't find anything, anyone know?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
So the US called for peace talks and killed one of the parties on the way to them? How low can you get? Whilst it's not surprising Boris supporting these actions its disappointing seeing the likes of France and Germany not having the balls to call it out.