Ireland V's Israel

Nialler

Alex's Dad
holyland red said:
He plays in Spain, and you know where he learns the antics.
what did he do?
he's a pansy, the most theatrical goalie I've ever seen

Nialler

Alex's Dad
holyland red said:
Are you down to 10 men?

yes, the goalie and O'Brien got into a small scuffle, both players struck each other but the goalie stayed on the pitch

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
by the sound of it we played like scousers...

2:0 down in no time, and then putting 11 men behind the ball.

You bastards are lucky there is no penalty shootout
;)

Nialler

Alex's Dad
holyland red said:

2:0 down in no time, and then putting 11 men behind the ball.

You bastards are lucky there is no penalty shootout
;)
Israel are a pretty resilient team, deserved the draw

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Absolute farce.

Pure WWF that was.

That ref shold never be allowed to officiate again. He must be related to the Israeli keeper. I've never seen such a joke performance by an official, apart from maybe Jeff Winter in the Cup Final last year.

That said, we dropped a two goal lead, and the whole country could see it happening about 15 minutes before it did.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
I watched the match and was cheering for Israel (i.e. giving the Irish as much support as the Irish give England) - however, you were robbed, and I was almost hoping you would get a deserved winner as the Keeper's antics were really annoying me.
That's three matches in a row where a team has been totally played off the park but got the result they want. At least, as Holyland said, there were no penalties for Ireland to lose.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
green demon said:
I watched the match and was cheering for Israel (i.e. giving the Irish as much support as the Irish give England) - however, you were robbed, and I was almost hoping you would get a deserved winner as the Keeper's antics were really annoying me.
That's three matches in a row where a team has been totally played off the park but got the result they want. At least, as Holyland said, there were no penalties for Ireland to lose.
My thoughts exactly after that match. The last 3 games I've watched (FA Cup final, champ league final, Ireland - Israel) have been travesties of justice. Better team not getting what they deserve, commanding leads thrown away/not taken advantage of. Football is starting to piss me off :mad:

Complete feck up on our part, we should have 6 points from the last 2 games and be set for winning the group. Now there's no margin for error and qualification is on a knife edge.

Judging by Israel's results and the manner they've got them (lots of luck) I reckon they're gonna finish runners up. It's one of those destiny/fate/written in the stars bullshit situations that happens so often in football :mad:

We have only ourselves to blame though - feck!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

holyland red

cheer up Niall.
we seem to struggle against the minnows, and we still have to play the Faroes twice.

Murt

Niall said:
My thoughts exactly after that match. The last 3 games I've watched (FA Cup final, champ league final, Ireland - Israel) have been travesties of justice.
Its been a totally shitty few weeks football wise, my 7-aside team is even starting to fuch up after a promising start.

holyland red

Murt said:
Its been a totally shitty few weeks football wise, my 7-aside team is even starting to fuch up after a promising start.
Havbe you just been back from a lengthy injury?

;)

Keane16

Fifa or UEFA or some bunch of retards have dismissed our appeal over O'Brien's vicious left right combination on that tough Israeli keeper......the farce continues....I think Andy O'Brien has been arrested as well in connection with a spate of unexplained murders, but the keeper doesn't want to press charges for last night, saying he just wants to 'get on with his life'.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yeah that appeal rejection is utter fecking bollox. Just when I thought last night's result couldn't piss me off more. I mean come on ffs, are FIFA fecking blind?!?! O'Brien didn't do a god damn thing, that gimp of a goalkeeper fell over, grabbed his face, then sat up, grabbed O'Brien with both hands, O'Brien shrugged him off and the keeper fell back down holding his face for the 39th time in 10 minutes.

It's nothing but a farce that FIFA won't overturn that red card. This has been one of the worst footballing months in memory, if not the worst. The whole footballing world seems to have gone crazy!! :houllier:
btw I'm fecking livid about this if you hadn't noticed!

Keane16

The keeper punched O'Brien, who turned around as if to say wft? At no stage did he even raise his hands. Total farce.

It's clear that Andy was hit, look at his disfigurement.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Keane16 said:
The keeper punched O'Brien, who turned around as if to say wft? At no stage did he even raise his hands. Total farce.

It's clear that Andy was hit, look at his disfigurement.
don't start me on that poncey bitch of a so called goalkeeper............kidnap the cnut and force him to watch his antics last night, even he would have to own up and accept the fact that he's a pires of the highest order

Amir

holyland red said:
was it that bad? :nervous:
glad I did not waste my time and watched the farce
Yep, it was that bad. Worse than Ben Haim and Rooney as there was no contract.

Ben Haim v Rooney, Ben Haim v Trezeguet, Awat v O'Brien... Israeli players are certainly getting a reputation.

The world should prepare for another 'show' in the world cup. With the luck Israel have had so far in this tournament, I'm certain they'll qualify.

holyland red

Amir said:
Yep, it was that bad. Worse than Ben Haim and Rooney as there was no contract.

Ben Haim v Rooney, Ben Haim v Trezeguet, Awat v O'Brien... Israeli players are certainly getting a reputation.

The world should prepare for another 'show' in the world cup. With the luck Israel have had so far in this tournament, I'm certain they'll qualify.
C'mon Amir, don't rush to conclusions re trends. It's so tempting to slag off the team which has used everything possible to reach a decent position for making it to the WC through a European qualification group. I don't like the diving one bit, but we are only as bad as anyone else in that department.

Owen, Ronaldo, Figo, Pires, Ruud...the entire Porto XI last season and so on...

Amir

holyland red said:
Owen, Ronaldo, Figo, Pires, Ruud...the entire Porto XI last season and so on...
Diving is bad, pretending to have been hit when you weren't touched or only mildly touched is the worst. And thats what Israeli players have been doing.

It's been funny enough when they've done so in our own league. It's like an internal joke, that Israeli footballers can't actually play so they act, but on the international stage its DISGUSTING.

holyland red

Amir said:
Diving is bad, pretending to have been hit when you weren't touched or only mildly touched is the worst. And thats what Israeli players have been doing.

It's been funny enough when they've done so in our own league. It's like an internal joke, that Israeli footballers can't actually play so they act, but on the international stage its DISGUSTING.

I don't like it one bit, but still think that you are a bit harsh in claiming we invented these dirty tricks. I'd think the Israeli players only follow the example of others.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Amir is not claiming Israelis invented diving, cheating, etc but sounds like at least in the Irish game your keeper (by the accounts I've read here as I didn't see the game either) did his part in bringing the game down.
That said, the Irish can ony rue the 4 dropped points. Qualification can rest on errors like we've seen against Israel I just hope that the Irish can make up the points somewhere else - and have a few other results go their way.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
holyland red said:
I don't like it one bit, but still think that you are a bit harsh in claiming we invented these dirty tricks. I'd think the Israeli players only follow the example of others.
nobody is saying Israel invented those cowardly theatrical antics, what they are saying however is that Israel or to be more precise, their goalkeeper, has adopted those antics and its disgusting to see in an international match. That goalie should hang his head in shame

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
holyland red said:

If you played like us you'd be European champions.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Nate said:
If you played like us you'd be European champions.
Or 5th place in league, 3rd rd dropouts in FA Cup, and losers in the League Cup final. ;)

But keep your chin up...maybe your club can be the first to win the Champions Cup/League and then win the UEFA Cup the following season. :lol:

Lynott

We made the mistake in the first half of being complacent and to be honest a little bit arrogant. At 2-0 up we thought the game was won and let Israel back into the game.

That said we were unlucky in the second half but the desperation lead to volatile finishing.

I'm not going to go on about it too much but the ref made some very strange decisions and the Israeli keeper was a prick.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
MrMarcello said:
Or 5th place in league, 3rd rd dropouts in FA Cup, and losers in the League Cup final. ;)

But keep your chin up...maybe your club can be the first to win the Champions Cup/League and then win the UEFA Cup the following season. :lol:
Keep your fecking chin up Yankie.

I'd not swap our season for yours.

Keane16

Lynott said:
I'm not going to go on about it too much but the ref made some very strange decisions and the Israeli keeper was a prick.
Kerr is being very good about it. Considering the ref was bent, the keeper acted bent, and UEFA turned down a dead cert appeal without even looking at it, I'd say he had a right to go feckin' potty. He's probably trying to keep his head for the game on Wednesday. If this was England suffering bullshit like this, there'd be feckin' murder.

redjoe

If anyone finds a spare clue please pm it to me
The Israeli's were a disgrace to the sport.I haven't seen that level of gamesmanship in a long time, the Italians would have learnt something from their performance and that's saying something.

At the end of the day though they are getting points, and it seems to be the way the game is going ie the best football team doesn't always win.Look at Greece, look at Liverpool and there is a good chance this band of time wasters may make the world cup.

I know in the past Ireland have beaten better teams by playing to its strengths which included crosses for the likes of Cascarino,Quinn,Stapleton etc to attack.That's fair enough but for these teams to rely on aspects such as time wasting, feigning injury etc is out of order.

The World Cup will be a better competition with genuine teams like Ireland than a bunch of cheats like Israel.

Keane16

It's down to the ref though, if he'd dealt with them early enough (they started playacting right after half time ffs), then it wouldn't have gotten as out of hand as it did. He completely lost control of the Israelis and didn't seem to have any interest in getting it back. I remember him laughing at one stage as Duff complained about the time wasting or the diving something.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
nothing particular against Israel here but I wonder why Fifa doesn't look at the game video and if they decide that the Irish player was ejected unfairly then they should rescind the red card. I'd like them to take it further though and have them impose a (say, 3 match) ban on the player that was using the theatrics.

The incident with Rivaldo at the last WC was another example where I wish they'd ban him for his actions at that time. maybe then that kind of behaviour will cease. I know it's hard to do but there has to be a better way than the current system.