is anyone else as excited about next season?

Artimities

I see us winning the league next year. I think that Jose will give our keepers a great deal if confidence. Depending on our signings (Ibra, Bailly, etc.) we are going to be very dangerous and very hungry. I would not be surprised if we not only win the league but run away with it a seal it up early.
Of course I had high hopes this past season so there is that.
However, this summer it's different. There is something in the air and it just feels like all of the crappy luck might be behind us.

Devil may care

The fact Rooney will still be an ever present temper's my enthusiasm and we'll have to see how the rest of the window goes to see if we add some dynamism and flair to the dull line-up we currently have.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes. Finally we have one of the best managers in the world. We might sign Ibra which means Ibra and Martial playing together. If Rashford improves at this rate then we will have superb frontline. Also we will have Shaw back which is a massive boost.

Also excited to see how Jose sets up the midfield, we have good enough players and are far better than what they showed last season.

Skills

Snitch
I got too excited when we signed di Maria. Same again with falcao. Let's not hide away from it , those signings were MASSIVE at the time and people on here were jizzing for fun .

Cautious approach , after 10 games if we look in a good place I can get properly excited but just too reserved at the moment ... The last 3 years have hurt a lot
Where's the fun in that? It's like having a kid, yes he/she might turn out to be a cnut but shouldn't stop you from getting excited at that moment in time.

Last edited:

Spock

Oh, I'm excited already. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I really do see United being in the hunt for the prem trophy right to the very very end of the season.

Vilev

Everybody were excited last year. I mean we were back in CL, signed a world cup champion's captain, etc, etc. And look how that turned out. I am just cautiously optimistic we will make the top-4. Jose probably will need at least a year to make a proper title challenge.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm not sure, people are forgetting just how bad our attack was last season, and I think it must have a fair amount to do with personnel as much as Van Gaal. Every attacking position (apart from the one Martial is playing) is a giant question mark, I don't think adding a 35 year old who's never played in the PL solves the problem. I accept as a free transfer it's an absolute no brainer that we should sign him, but would it really surprise anyone if he was a let down?

Right winger is an absolute priority to me, we have absolutely no threat there whatsoever.
One thing about Zlatan though - he always wins the league. And if he starts then Rashford presumably plays either RW or up front alongside him. Hypothetically a team with Rooney in midfield, Martial LW, Zlatan & Rashford up front and whoever (presumably Lingard) RW, would be brimming with goals. 433 obviously a much more likely formation mind.

fatboy

Am looking forward for sure. Just hope that the "Rooney the midfield maestro" experiment doesn't go on for too long.

Other things on my wishlist - having Martial, Zlatan and Rashford upfront, getting back the real "Morgan Schneiderlin", TFM becoming the DM monster that Jose so desires, and the Year of Shaw.

nick2004

Definitely!

After eating humble pie for three years, we are ready to dominate once again!

Destroying City and Pep will be the icing on the cake! :devil:

Mitser

Yep, cant wait for it to start.
Agree with all the excited comments on Shaws return, plus players playing in their actual positions, plus finding out who will be Jose's 'Ashley Young' (i.e. player transformed from likely makeweight/transfer list to integral member). Another season for Rashford to showcase his class, Martial to become an even bigger beast, DDG etc etc.

Edit: plus of course looking forward to Jose winding Pep & Wenger up!
Hopefully without dragging the club into disrepute though.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm as excited to see what will Mourinho do to improve our existing players as the new signing(s?). Under LVG all players had been instructed on what to do to the tilt. I believe Mourinho would instill a bit more freedom especially in attacking sense. So, not just in term of result, I'm excited with the style we are going to play.

Reactions: Varun

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I'll put myself in the "cautiously optimistic" category.

I am happy enough with Jose, but not naive to ignore the baggage he comes along with. We need to have a good summer.

mtkeenan IV

I can't wait for August. It's great to have a manager in place now who is the real deal. Get the signings in early and get a proper pre season in. None of this buying players with an hour to go in the transfer windows, that's embarrassing and desperate.

Xign

It definitely feels like there's something in the air for United again. Mourinho should have been the manager three years ago, and it feels like we finally got the right man.

devips

I AM excited. Wanted Mourinho to come after Fergie as I had my doubts about Moyes. Was excited for Van Gaal's 1st season too because I thought he would bring an attractive, all passing attacking free scoring flair game to Old Trafford. Unfortunately, that dream died a slow, whimpering death.

My hope is Mourinho is here for the long haul. He had long back expressed a desire to settle down at a top club, and I think United is that club for him. He is surely bringing 3-4 new players to strengthen his team, but I don't think (and I would hate it if it is so) he will go for a drastic overhaul. It would excite me immensely to watch what he does with the existing set of players, who are not bad at all, and have in fact dominated almost all the major matches last season. Only, the play style was tedious, and they could not score to save their lives.

I look forward to Mourinho transform the team this year.

Reactions: Invictus
We have so many good young players, it's hard not to be excited to see them develop. Giving opportunities to young men is what sport's all about after all. I'm hoping to see lots of Mensah, lots more of Rashford, and I can't wait to get a look at Roshaun Williams.
Yeah, I'm excited.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I'm backing us, at the very least, to go close to winning it. Some cracking young players and good signings imminent. All the talk coming out of OT about installing a spine in our team is exactly what I wanted to hear and I think we are in for a good season.

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I honestly believe that the present team is good enough to do wrll nexf season. Under a new manager, these players will be better. The addition of a couple of new players ( Bailly, Ibra, possibly Pogba) will mean the difference between doing well and returning to the top. If Mourinho starts to ease in more youngsters (TFM, Tuanzebe, Williams even Pereira) then all the more reasons for being optimistic. And I think he has bought Bailly as a right back. We'll see.

Red Bug

I see us winning the league next year.

Steady. That's what Liverpool supporters come out with every season despite looking awful the season before.

We've got a huge job on. We need to find our identity again.

The thing I am excited about is counter attacking football again. Man Utd are famous for that, not the boring possession-going-sideways-for-90-minutes-but-only-managing-1-shot-on-target-crap.

Jose will improve us and is usually very good at hitting the ground running but Man City, Arsenal, maybe even Chelsea will want their say. Plus we can't rule out Spurs and Leicester after the good/great seasons they just had.

It's going to be far more interesting that the last 3 years which, if we're all being honest, were dire.

Artimities

Steady. That's what Liverpool supporters come out with every season despite looking awful the season before.

We've got a huge job on. We need to find our identity again.

The thing I am excited about is counter attacking football again. Man Utd are famous for that, not the boring possession-going-sideways-for-90-minutes-but-only-managing-1-shot-on-target-crap.

Jose will improve us and is usually very good at hitting the ground running but Man City, Arsenal, maybe even Chelsea will want their say. Plus we can't rule out Spurs and Leicester after the good/great seasons they just had.

It's going to be far more interesting that the last 3 years which, if we're all being honest, were dire.

no doubt, but I think we can all agree that it will be better and not worse. So ... it that is the case then we can pretty much pencil in a top 4. I just don't see Leicester repeating or even maintaining top 4 for that matter. Tottenham is funny.. I just don't think they can get it done. I like what they have going, but I just don't think they will be able to do what they did this year. They always seem to choke.

The Purley King

Shaw coming back (presuming he is still the player he was before the injury) will be huge. A back four of Shaw, Bailly, Smalling, Darmian/Valencia is pretty strong. Perhaps Jose will put TFM at RB? He is exactly the type of player Jose likes and I think he'll play a big role this year.
Up front, if we can get a good RW (Mahrez?), we'll have Martial, Zlatan/Rashford, RW as a front three, which would be a handful for any defence. I think we'll see the best of Memphis next year as well, so if he can pull his finger out we're looking OK up front imo.
Finally, we need a CM, ideally Pogba.
So - 2 more signings, CM + RW (£120m ought to be enough) and we're looking good for a pop at the title.

I'm definitely excited!

Timdbro

Where's the fun in that? It's like having a kid, yes he/she might turn out to be a cnut but shouldn't stop you from getting excited at that moment in time.
:lol: That moment you realise your kid's a cnut..

Sumthing

Its too far away still, lots will happen before next season..

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not really thinking about next season at the moment to be honest, just going to enjoy the Euros and Copa. Good to see we are getting some transfers done early though

Mindhunter

I am very excited for the new season. We will actually try to score goals. Happy with small things in life.

TrueRed79

I literally cannot wait! The last 3 years have been so miserable for us. It now has a proper feel of a new era. Let's hope it's the start of something special. Roll on pre season!

phepheshane

ok, so first we sign Mourinho. Someone who's pissed me off more than any manager i know for ages, yet reminds me exactly of Fergie in the sense if you had him, you loved him and if you didn't you were envious but hateful to a point. check 1, we have mourinho.

Bailly - a strong, fast and tall centre back who can be with us for a decade under the right coaching and determination

Ibra - he'll come obviously and will bring something we've lacked for a good few years

then there's the rest to come. Woody will back him financially as he knows what's required to get us back to the top.

seriously, i'm as excited as i've been since they annouced megan fox would be in the new teenage mutant ninga turtle movie - flash back of the 90s but with megan fox. Except now it's Mourinho and my club.

bring it on
Terrible movie :( , but super excited for next season:devil:

Will Absolute

I haven't slept since the cup final. I refuse to go to bed in case I miss a signing or a post on redcafe. Probably be ok once we batter our opponents on the opening day of next season, that will finally convince me of the future being red.
Okay.. clinically insane. It takes all kinds.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I'm so excited I've completely forgotten about the Euros tomorrow which I think England actually has a chance of this time. Don't care though, bring on next season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Very much so. And by the first look of things, it seems like Jose will actually invest in youth and bring young talents through

Scuttler

ok, so first we sign Mourinho. Someone who's pissed me off more than any manager i know for ages, yet reminds me exactly of Fergie in the sense if you had him, you loved him and if you didn't you were envious but hateful to a point. check 1, we have mourinho.

Bailly - a strong, fast and tall centre back who can be with us for a decade under the right coaching and determination

Ibra - he'll come obviously and will bring something we've lacked for a good few years

then there's the rest to come. Woody will back him financially as he knows what's required to get us back to the top.

seriously, i'm as excited as i've been since they annouced megan fox would be in the new teenage mutant ninga turtle movie - flash back of the 90s but with megan fox. Except now it's Mourinho and my club.

bring it on
What has he ever done that made you pissed off ? Issues related to Manchester United that is ?

izec

I'm so excited I've completely forgotten about the Euros tomorrow which I think England actually has a chance of this time. Don't care though, bring on next season.
oh shit, they start tomorrow. Totally forgot about it, i probably would have missed the first half if i didnt read this

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Will depend what the squad looks like when the transfer window closes. Lots of work to do to until it resembles a comfortable top 4 squad.

I wasn't as excited as others who were putting players like Depay and Darmian in their first choice 11s this time last year. Same thing we're already seeing with Bailly who is just as unproven.

Taxx

I hope we do well. But I almost hope more that Pep will absolutely fail at City. I don't think he will, though, but it'd be bloody sweet if things didn't go his way.

Zhadow

I'm optimistic but not yet excited. Depends on our signings.

RedElf

I'm waiting to see how Jose solves the Rooney conundrum. Will he put him behind the striker, in midfield or on the bench?

We need an rvn

What has he ever done that made you pissed off ? Issues related to Manchester United that is ?
Like I said in the quote, it's the arrogance of the bustard. I hated the smug face when he was manager at Chelsea. But I also loved it deep down and wanted him more than anyone when Fergie took over as Fergie had very similar traits. That's why many other fans hated Fergie but deep down would have loved him at their club.