is anyone else as excited about next season?

tombob

Oh yeah. Its gonna be great having a character - Mourinho - with a winning mentality on the touchline. Its been sadly lacking of late.

Jaybomb

I'm buzzing.

No more boring possession football and "philosophies". Mourinho and Zlatan will bring the glory days back. Can't wait.

vidic blood & sand

AT the moment I think we're weak in midfield, but It'll be interesting to see some passion and emotion in the dugout for a change. Van Gaal showing no emotion, was so frustrating.
I bet Van Gaal sits on the bed taking notes after shagging his missus.

Tiber

A few years ago I said Jose didn't have enough class and should never get this job.

Now? This computer generated half second clip of Jose in front of what might be the SAF stand in the new Fifa Trailer has got me massively excited for the new season.

I am a huge hypocrite... but I am also an excited hypocrite.

Denis79

I'm going to control my emotions this time around. I was excited when LVG joined us, hell I was happy about the Moyes appointment.... This time I won't get dissapointed. As long as we play a more attractive football I will be happy.

Utd7

Very excited...even more so because I hope to attend my first United match in person this August!

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Past two three seasons around june-july despite my best level of discipline and self control i will end up purchasing the latest FM series (i promised myself i wont play that game a few years back due to its addictive nature and the fact that i lost a relationship because of that nature of mine). So then, I will systematically analyse where moyes and lvg failed and readdress those areas and make manchester united great again. I think about our best formation, develop youth, sign correct players, wonder what role best suits herrera and mata and almost always sell felliani. I know, i know its not the same but we all have our own ways of compensating.

Usually around the start of the actual season i will give up the game and expect and hope lvg/moyes to do the same as we all simulated in the game and do it our way. It never happens.

But this june-july, i know mourinho will address those things. I can picture him running down the touchline and and do that knee slide when rashford score an offside goal in the 90th minute and the referee actually scared and intimidated by him to call it offside and we win the league because of that. So am i excited? I'll let you decide, but no more FM series for me this time around.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I cant wait. Hopefully we'll sign more players and get off to a great start. If we do I think we'll be hard to stop under Mourinho.

RedDevil@84

Not extremely excited as the some of the people over here, but it will be a welcome change to see the manager thumping fist when we score rather than take his pen and write in a notepad "I told ya all. I am really good"

Neilpie

After 3 seasons of mediocrity and some of the most mind numbing, boring football I've ever witnessed in my life it's impossible to not be excited about next season.

We finally have a manager that actually looks like he belongs at Old Trafford and we haven't even kicked a ball yet!

FriendlyJuve

Supports
Juventus
I am very excited about next season. Finally we get a great manager, even if I don't like Mou.
Also, other teams seems to be stronger than last year, which has been "funny".
I strongly believe this season will be great!!

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I got too excited when we signed di Maria. Same again with falcao. Let's not hide away from it , those signings were MASSIVE at the time and people on here were jizzing for fun .

Cautious approach , after 10 games if we look in a good place I can get properly excited but just too reserved at the moment ... The last 3 years have hurt a lot
I know where are you comming from mate but not seeing stupid faces of Moyes or LVG makes excited already.

Noc-Z

ffs
Absolutely buzzing. I've never been so disillusioned with football than I was last season. LVG really took the joy out of things for me.

Samrat Mazumdar

Bring it on, what a season it will, Jose, Pep, Conte it will be a tactical minefield next season!!! Cant wait for it to get started..already jizzing over thoughts of Ibra and PP

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I..... don't know :D

I'm still one of the ones who's wary of JoMo. I really don't like him as a person, and any success which he may bring won't really change that. I am curious about next season, excited about the prospect of new players and non-soul-crushing football, but the man himself... not so keen. It'll be a big experiment in whether a leopard can change its spots. Everyone deserves a second (or third) chance though, and if he can demonstrate he doesn't need to resort to the scumbaggery and still be successful, then fair play to him.

Martial_Law

If you aren't then there's a set of deluded blue moon chumps you can join. The difference with Jose is that we kinda already embraced him before he came anyway, whatever way you want to look at it , the only real 'hatred' we had was jealousy - that's my opinion. Jose oozes swagger and instills this war style army who fight tooth and nail for the badge (bar the back of the Chelsea stint, but that failed due to petulant kids playing for them). I'm more excited than I've felt in years and i cannot wait to see us rise again!!

Deleted member 101472

I Managed To get my girls dad into football ( he's a typical Canadian hockey fan ) and I'm planning on taking him to a game this season and will probably bring up the whole marriage thing . Really would be nice if we had gotten back to destroying teams at old Trafford for that !

RedElf

I'm watching as little as I can of the Euros, I'm trying to avoid a football hangover when the season starts.
I'm the opposite and watching as much as I can. I want to see who from our current squad perform under different managers/teams and see if they were substandard for us because of Van Gaal or whether they are just shit. Plus I get to look at rumoured transfer targets.

markorm

Mou could have done a proper job with the team we already have, so a few key signings and I'm buzzing.

I just want to see the players happy again. It's the best club in the world, they should be happy playing with the badge on their shirt.

Samrat Mazumdar

I honestly can't allow myself to think that there's a chance we could get Pogba!!!
Agree its wishful thinking, but hey whats the harm in dreaming big. As they say about the power of positive thinking, maybe just maybe if we all thought of the same thing, it just might happen :lol:

red4ever 79

I can't wait for the season to begin. We finally have a manager with the 'winners mentality' in charge. I hope that we see this transferred down to the players.

I hope Jose keeps the young players as part of the squad. Borthwick Jackson, Rashford and Forsu-Mensah in particular.

Those combined with the intake of 4-5 possible first team players and I fully expect Manchester United to be challenging for the title again next season

Good time to be a red devil again

rotherham_red

Bailly
Ibra
CM
CM
RW

seems realistic to me.
I dunno if we're getting 2 CMs in. Think it'll be one CM, Bailly, Ibra, and a RW (Embolo?). I think Jose will give Schneiderlin a shot at the 6 position with Herrera &/or new CM filling the other slot

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I dunno if we're getting 2 CMs in. Think it'll be one CM, Bailly, Ibra, and a RW (Embolo?). I think Jose will give Schneiderlin a shot at the 6 position with Herrera &/or new CM filling the other slot
I refuse to believe Jose won't buy a couple of quick wide forwards one being a top class right winger. Certainly if he has done his home work on us.

rotherham_red

I refuse to believe Jose won't buy a couple of quick wide forwards one being a top class right winger. Certainly if he has done his home work on us.
In an ideal world, I'd agree. But all the reports are saying three, maybe 4 coming in.

dichinero

Not as excited as I thought. The outs more than the ins might swing it for me!

Oo0AahCantona

"Bold" prediction, Next year will be one of the best seasons in football history for entertainment value.

Silverman

I amn't overly excited atm as I think we need a few proven signings. Im happy with Ibrahimovic but don't know much about Bailly or Embolo (latter seems to be likely) I think we need a proven ball playing CB to partner Smalling, a DM (Kante), a creative CM and a proven right winger/attacker. A lot of work is needed.

Larseno

Im way more excited now then when LvG took over. I have way more faith that Mou will bring the right kind of players. I just hope Mou doesnt do stupid subs like LvG did. The way he subbed some times was horrible. Subbing Powell on for Mata may be the strangest one. But making defensive subs when we need a goal is also high on the list.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Definitely excited about the short-term, I think even the current crop of midfielders will all be so much better under Mourinho who will be less concerned about 'the second phase' and possession, and more about keeping a shape and working extremely hard to supplement the defence and the attack.

And if he happens to bring in a top striker and a new spark on the right wing, I think we have a much more watchable United to look forward to. I remember his first Chelsea side used to churn out 4 goals at home routinely, do it again Jose.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Of course we are, right up until the transfer window closes and we have not signed any of the exciting players we have been linked with all summer and get beaten by a bottom four club the next weekend because we havent paid them enough respect, opening the flood gates for calls for Eds resignation, and that Jose has "lost it".

Red Bug

Very excited about it. I wanted Jose as soon as it was confirmed Fergie was retiring.....it's his kind of stage and I think he's going to do well.
This is my thinking as well.

Mourinho will have money to spend and total control, something he never had at Real Madrid and Chelsea.

His ego is made for Man Utd. He will thrive here, I am sure of that.

I have noticed a lot of worry and pessimism here of late over certain players and incoming/outgoing players.

I am far less worried than I have been in years. Jose will have had a plan of action in his head for a long time now - he knows how to turn Man Utd around far better than we realise I think.