Is anyone else getting worried?

Socceroos

This little Jewish lady is either in class, studyi
Is there a reason to be worried? Di Maria is pretty much out the door, and De Gea may not be far behind him.

There is no doubt that our team still has holes, but who are we brining in to repair those holes? The papers link us with selling almost half of the team.

It seems like we are chasing our tails for Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos, and Pedro. Who are we after that we actually have a chance to sign?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
No sign of De Gea leaving yet. Just Spanish mags stirring the pot as usual.

Look at the signings we've made so far. I expect any further signings to be pretty much out of the blue with little news from the press beforehand.

SATA

I don't worry about football. Much more things in life to worry about personally, so I will just enjoy the football and have a good moan when we don't win

MDFC Manager

Not worried,.

I'm sure Di Maria will be replaced adequately - let's not forget that he hasn't exactly made himself irreplaceable.

De Gea, yes, will be a loss if he goes but I'm increasingly certain that he's going to stay.

Getsme

Every team has holes; it’s just that we are more familiar with our own. We have had a fantastic summer, we have bought very well and we have a small pool of very talented youngsters either in the team or very close to it.
What we lacked last season was leadership, we now have that through the team, and I can’t wait for the season to start.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I expect we will get two new players in. One will be Pedro.

I think we are on C or D lost targets now. It's not easy to get the best and can't fault the club for trying. They clearly have been.

There just doesn't seem to be a truly top attacking player out there that we can get right now.

GloryHunter07

We will have targets lined up which we clearly wont sign until ADM and DeGea are out the door. So no im not worried.

An Irish Red

I'm relatively happy with our squad. It's certainly better than the one we had last year anyway and I doubt we're finished in the market yet.

I think our new found strength in midfield should protect our defenders more so, while I think a centre back would be preferable, it's not as urgent as it was. A forward is important though.

vidic blood & sand

I'm not too worried really. I'm hoping we can hold on to Di Maria because of the pace he gives us, but if not, I think Van Gaal will look to bring in a replacement.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not particularly worried as we've done quite a bit of business already so we're not as exposed if deals to materialise as we were at this point in previous summer windows.

We'll see what happens.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm relatively happy with our squad. It's certainly better than the one we had last year anyway and I doubt we're finished in the market yet.

I think our new found strength in midfield should protect our defenders more so, while I think a centre back would be preferable, it's not as urgent as it was. A forward is important though.
Spot on

Raw

People seem to forget we have a whole fecking month left to sort out transfers. We brought in some very capable players to strengthen our side, then whatever weaknesses that become apparent once the season starts can be fixed.

It's not like Van Gaal and Woodward are doing nothing right now. I can still see two more signings coming in.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's quite a strong squad. It would be nice to see pedro replace Di Maria which I expect will happen

Everyone has this obsession to keep buying. It Would be great to see Lvg get the very best out of what we have

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think we'll score enough goals with our current forwards but there's still time to change that. We're looking relatively healthy at the moment and there's still a month to go.

VanGaalEra

If we don't lose anyone else and don't sign anyone else, I'd be happy.

Memphis, Darmian, Basti and Schneiderlin?

Good window if we can keep DDG (which we will) and Di Maria.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It looks like we might not buy a centre half this Summer which I think is pretty unbelievable. I'm not too worried over the striker situation, I'm really excited about our midfield and I think de Gea might actually stay, and if he doesn't I trust that we'll bring in an adequate replacement.

But yeah, the lack of a centre half is a worry.

VanGaalEra

Also, I'd hope more time is given to the Academy players this season. We do have a good bunch in:

Januzaj, Wilson, Pereira, Lingard, Blackett and McNair.

The less Blackett and McNair play the better (means our CB's stay fit) and I'll be glad if the forward academy players get a good run. I believe they're good enough.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
We still need a CB....It gives me nightmares the thought of a Smalling/Jones partnership with Evans as a back up.

Also, with the loss of RVP & Falcao and the fact I can't see Rooney scoring more than 20 plus goals, we need another top quality centre forward.

And do I need to mention if we lose DDG!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't worry about football. Much more things in life to worry about personally, so I will just enjoy the football and have a good moan when we don't win
Same here. Never really understood the obsession of worrying excessively about signings.

settembrini

Our squad is fine. I'm concerned about Van Gaal's tactics and team selections though.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'd rather see us sign a top class forward than a CB if it came down to one or the other. Agree that our stronger midfield will make our existing defence look better anyway. Just worried Rooney has no serious competition and also the drop in quality from Rooney to Cheech is too big.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I am getting worried about increasing numbers of "are you worried" threads on caf...

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you ever start worrying, just think, at least it's not liverpools squad.

Just sit back and imagine going into the season with that shower of shit.

Revan

Assumptionman
As long as we keep De Gea and sign a quality CB, we will fight for the title IMO.

If either of these doesn't happen, we won't be there (heck I think that we might even miss in top 4 if we lose De Gea and don't sign a top CB).

I am not bothered for Di Maria either way.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Everyone has this obsession to keep buying. It Would be great to see Lvg get the very best out of what we have
Yeah, it's a bit weird. We've signed four players that are expected to walk straight into our first team along with Argentina's #1 keeper...I can only think of one season in our history where we've signed more genuine first team players than that - last season. We've signed a goalkeeper, a defender, two midfielders and an attacker, all of whom are a range of ages with a range of different skillsets, and all of whom will offer something significant to the team. To describe that as worrying is a bit mental.

I'm convinced some people see football transfers as their version of retail therapy.

"We've become a nation measuring out our lives in big money signings and nursing our psychic ills through football transfers."

walkinhop

Yeah, it's a bit weird. We've signed four players that are expected to walk straight into our first team along with Argentina's #1 keeper...I can only think of one season in our history where we've signed more genuine first team players than that - last season. We've signed a goalkeeper, a defender, two midfielders and an attacker, all of whom are a range of ages with a range of different skillsets, and all of whom will offer something significant to the team. To describe that as worrying is a bit mental.

I'm convinced some people see football transfers as their version of retail therapy.

"We've become a nation measuring out our lives in big money signings and nursing our psychic ills through football transfers."
I agree. The only thing i am worried about are the numbers in attack. I think we need at least one more striker. Chicharito and Wilson are not enough to replace/rotate Rooney

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why? The only person leaving is Di Maria and probably Rafael, unless something changes. De Gea is almost definitely staying for this season. And we're pretty well stocked all around the pitch. We have enough quality in the squad now and enough depth all around to compete for the title, and when we do sell Di Maria we'll probably sign Pedro to replace him giving us more options up front. And it's not like Di Maria played any sort of part to our season last year anyway, so we're hardly losing much.

In terms of how this summer has gone, it's been a great transfer window for us and we have every reason to be optimistic. Sure it's a bit of a risk hoping Smalling/Jones get over the injury problems, but if they do then the partnership they can form would be better then anyone we can realistically sign anyways.

KingMinger22

Ramos is no longer a possibility.

Need a CB buy not sure if there is one out there.

Need another goalscorer in the team. The top quality attacker that LVG said we needed. Don't see us getting one though.

Shiva87

Can I start a are you confident thread? We have bought well over the summer. We now have 2 international standard players for each position. And LVG has the personnel to play his preferred system. What's to worry about..
. even if we buy 2 more players, im sure we'll find another weakness that needs to be addressed.

Devil may care

The only thing that worries me is the keeper situation, I keep getting that sick feeling we'll suddenly go soft and sell De Gea and LvG will use that statue Romero in goal.

The rest I'm not bothered about, I'd like Pedro but even then we don't have enough quality in attack or in central defense to win either of the big ones, so I'd be happy to maintain 4th and use the season to really test out Adnan and Pereira.

RedMilo

I am a little concerned how light we are up front and at centre half we could have done with a 'winner' and Mata/Young is not creative enough to compete with top clubs in Europe. All this after we have invested £200m odd over last 2 years and to top it off our 2 best players 'on paper' DDG & ADM are about to be sold. We are still nowhere near Chelsea and we should be with the investment in the squad, there is an amateurishness about how the club goes about its business nowadays, its not good to see.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If we sign no one else and dimaria and degea leave I'd still be more than happy with the squad.

KingMinger22

I am a little concerned how light we are up front and at centre half we could have done with a 'winner' and Mata/Young is not creative enough to compete with top clubs in Europe. All this after we have invested £200m odd over last 2 years and to top it off our 2 best players 'on paper' DDG & ADM are about to be sold. We are still nowhere near Chelsea and we should be with the investment in the squad, there is an amateurishness about how the club goes about its business nowadays, its not good to see.
We were spectacularly unambitious in the market for years. When things fell apart, we were left playing catch up in a more expensive, less opportunistic market.