Is anyone watching the WC?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I've been watching, although I knew the Poland Mexico and Denmark Tunisia games were going to be shite so had them in the background whilst I was working.

I actually love the morning kick offs. I do the school run, get some work done then sit back and relax for the morning game.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Haven't watched any game so far, but checked in on the live results at kicker for most matches. I will probably watch Germany Japan today, i'm weak :(

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Watching most of the games I can watch.

If you didn't watch Argentina vs KSA, you missed out on a historic event and an incredible atmosphere.

Parma Dewol

Watched every game thus far. Working from home, the kick off times are just perfect.

Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia the highlight so far. Incredible scenes. Never thought I’d be celebrating a KSA goal, but that second in the top corner got the better of me.

Judas

Open to offers
The odd game here and there. Not going out of my way to watch any of it so far. It still doesn't feel like a world cup is going on. All feels a bit hollow and weird.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Enjoying it more than I thought I would

fergosaurus

I felt no hype or excitement whatsoever, even on the morning of the opening match but have watched most of them to my shame. I've been watching on my IPTV sub so the networks don't get to add my viewing figure. The football has been enjoyable but it all feels a bit plastic and soulless.

Idxomer

Yes, it has been very good.

It's gonna hurt the clubs afterwards but playing it 3 months after the season's start seems to be benefiting the national teams so far.

Last edited:

KeanoMagicHat

Nothing beats the World Cup for excitement and wonder. See all the games and I feel like a kid at Christmas again. Everything feels important and legacy defining.

feck Fifa for trying to ruin it. But it’s still the World Cup.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Watched a half here and there, including the England game. I only watch online and ITVX is shit showing only half a screen. So I won't bother with any ITV games.

BBC UHD games look awesome though in stark comparison. Will start watching properly later. It helps not having many Liverpool players.

Telsim

Plenty of people are watching. Me, my entire friend group, and work. It's all everyone is talking about. It's pretty crazy to be honest! Just wish it was in the summer. Billions will have tuned in by the end of it. It's the World Cup.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I see absolutely no difference to when it's been over summer. Atmosphere is good, we meet with family for Poland games, I enjoy it.
I actually watch more games now because in the summer I'm more busy.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I’ve watched nearly every minute of it (I’m on paternity leave). It’s been really good. I think as the games are mid-season, the actual quality of football on show is a lot higher (less fatigue and what not). Also I’m enjoying the long injury times and drama in the games. The western hypocrisy and sensationalism is something I can do without though.

Grande

A lot less than I used too. It’s hard, cause it’s a bit like when Coca-Cola bought Christmas. As a kid, I love Christmas, but it does something to the feeling knowing Coca Cola Company paid millions to implement their avatar into the middle of it, while spening billions investing in war torn countries om the back of the war lords. It’s shit, tbh. But, again, football isn not the cause, it’s just one of several occupied playgrounds.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
On in background. Ozzies and France was fun. Rest abysmal, from what I saw. What are the pitches made of?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I can see the appeal for this particular world cup. Players have been saving themselves up for weeks for this. It's not the end of a season so players are in peak fitness as opposed to being knackered in June.

Top players actually bringing their A games would be worth it, specially best the end. And I don't mean Messi. :lol:

Red Star One

I can see the appeal for this particular world cup. Players have been saving themselves up for weeks for this. It's not the end of a season so players are in peak fitness as opposed to being knackered in June.

Top players actually bringing their A games would be worth it, specially best the end. And I don't mean Messi. :lol:
Have they really? Early to tell, so far it's only undisputed that many players have missed the tournament through injury. I'm not sure if intensity is higher than it would be in summer.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
When wfh I've had it on in the background, in the office everyone is following on live text /radio, annoyingly missed the Saudi - Argentina game as was in the office. The evening games are perfect timing at 7pm. Some boring 0-0's but overall its been a great tournament.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Have they really? Early to tell, so far it's only undisputed that many players have missed the tournament through injury. I'm not sure if intensity is higher than it would be in summer.
I think I read an article in the athletic where they compared the injuries with previous world cups and the numbers /frequency has been similar.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

I’ve watched nearly every minute of it (I’m on paternity leave). It’s been really good. I think as the games are mid-season, the actual quality of football on show is a lot higher (less fatigue and what not). Also I’m enjoying the long injury times and drama in the games. The western hypocrisy and sensationalism is something I can do without though.
I’ve seen commentators saying the contrary re fatigue. I wonder which is actually better, having a full season then longer break before it or half a season but a shorter break. I guess no perfect solution either way.

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
yes... the world as usual.
It's the world's most-watched and followed sporting event and this year is no exception. 0.1% of fans post on forums.. there is no relevance here to the overall numbers.

Bole Top

it needs to be said, it's been an excellent tournament so far. Tunisia vs Denmark and France vs Australia are the only matches I didn't watch.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
This Germany game is the first one I am watching. Haven't even seen highlights or goals of the other games.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
already more goalless draws than Russia 2018. Not a great srart

But there has been some good games

Im watching the whole thing WFH

klepman

Of course. Tons of high-quality football daily. Who would miss that?

Lecland07

Yes - most people are probably watching it, even if they don't admit to it.