Is Bruno our best signing post SAF ?

432JuanMata

If a mod could add a poll I didn’t see a option, just 2 options if you can.

Anyway our signings overall since Fergie has been poor with the odd good player here and there but I can’t think of a better signing for us since RVP or David DeGea which now is over 8 years ago. Maybe I’m missing certain players but while I’m delighted with how class Bruno is it does show our poor signings over the years

el3mel

Are you really asking ? Is this even a contest ?

The effect Bruno has on our team, I haven't seen it since RVP's signing.

MetoTTT

Yes, by far. More of these players, please (attitude, leadership, quality, hard work).

Fridge chutney

If a mod could add a poll I didn’t see a option, just 2 options if you can.

Anyway our signings overall since Fergie has been poor with the odd good player here and there but I can’t think of a better signing for us since RVP or David DeGea which now is over 8 years ago. Maybe I’m missing certain players but while I’m delighted with how class Bruno is it does show our poor signings over the years
Did my post influence this question?:)

432JuanMata

Are you really asking ? Is this even a contest ?

The effect Bruno has on our team, I haven't seen it since RVP's signing.
I had a few drinks and was thinking maybe I was missing someone in between but I obviously wasn’t.
I guess there is no need for a poll since it’s obvious

SplitzMagic

Yes for sure.

But imagine Bruno and De Bruyno in the same midfield.

Strikers and wingers would have a field day.

-Supreme-

Is Bruno our only successful signing post SAF would be more of a debate

432JuanMata

Imagine Bruno and De Bruyno in the same midfield.

Strikers and wingers would have a field day.
Unless it was Martial not making runs, not hating on him just see Sterling who is not as good at finishing as Martial get in 3-4 times a game because he makes class runs and Feel if it was the other way around Bruno would have even more assists

432JuanMata

Have we even had a successful signing post SAF would be more of a debate...
Ibra, Herrera(for the price) but yeah it’s weird watching our front 3 at the end of the game 2 of them through our academy having spend all that money in the last few years

el3mel

Is Bruno our only successful signing post SAF would be more of a debate
Herrera, Romero, Martial, Zlatan, Lindelof, AWB have all been successful to certain degrees so far.

Edit : Also Matic and Maguire, to certain degree as well. Not terrible business by any means even if Maguire didn't reach the expectations from his price tag, but he's still playing the majority of our games.

stu_1992

Easy answer. Yes. His competition is poor, but in terms of individual impact of results his signing is up there with one of the best ever for us from what we've seen so far. Needs to trophies before you can claim but his impact is Cantona or RVP-like.

RedDevilRoshi

1000% yes and for me he’s up there with some of Fergie’s greatest ever signings like Cantona & Ronaldo.

Was delighted when we signed him in January this year but I didn’t expect him nor anticipate him to make this huge an impact. We are so dependent on this guy. When he doesn’t play or play well, it’s evident how poor a team we are without him. Not just his talent on the ball but his leadership qualities too. For me, he was born to play for this club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I’ll wait till he wins us something