Is Cardiff away the best performance post-Ferguson?

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Trying to think of games you've had since August 2013 where you've looked this entertaining and cohesive in one go. Obviously because I'm a City fan I don't pay as much attention to your results as you lot do, but I'm struggling to recall a better display from United since Ferguson left.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Ajax in Europa League Final imo.

U99ted

Trying to think of games you've had since August 2013 where you've looked this entertaining and cohesive in one go. Obviously because I'm a City fan I don't pay as much attention to your results as you lot do, but I'm struggling to recall a better display from United since Ferguson left.
LVGs team did put 4 past you :D But this has to be one of the best, even though Cardiff are poor.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I can’t stop smiling. Best I’ve felt since the Goat retired.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
No where near

Jaun field
Rashford debut against City
EL final

stubie

Leverkusen was special even though it was Moyes managing

mu4c_20le

In terms of performance from start to finish, this has to be one of the most enjoyable , for sure.

Greck

So we don't need a new CB to be able to attack relegation teams?

Some of you need to look in the mirror for letting that narcissist con you

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So we don't need a new CB to be able to attack relegation teams?

Some of you need to look in the mirror for letting that narcissist con you
Mate, don’t lower yourself to insulting them. They got conned by a massive prick and they’ll realise that. Don’t start insulting United fans now, let’s get together and push on.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
In terms of excitement, entertaining attacking football it is without a question. Of course we've had some very good performances over the years, but even the notable ones we think of where we dominated like Juanfield we didn't create too much, more just controlled the pace of the game really well. This is the most exciting we have looked in terms of creating chances and playing quickly since Sir Alex was in charge, without a doubt.

RedDevilRoshi

100% it is!

It’s our most complete 90 mins performance since SAF retired. I did not want that game to end.

StoicRed

The way the team played today reminded me a lot of games from when SAF was in charge when United would thrash lower tabled teams. Defense was pretty smooth but ofcourse, the real test would be when we face stronger teams but man the trinity of: Martial, Lingard and Rashford... what an incredibly effective front 3!

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We've beaten Liverpool, City, won European and domestic trophies...

That was Cardiff, and it was fecking ace, but it was Cardiff.

Our performance against Fulham a few weeks ago under Mourinho wasn't much worse than that really.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I think a few LvG games were as good. 4-2 vs City probably the easiest to highlight. Maybe the 3-0 vs Spurs too.
It was controlled domination compared to the very aggressive and anarchic approach today.

ZlatMan

4-2 City

Juanfield

3-2 in Rashford's PL debut

4-2 away at Watford

The derby comeback

Europa Final

Tbh, I wouldn't rank this match with these memorable wins.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
We had some good results under Moyes, away to Swansea, Fulham and Newcastle.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The OP mentions performance specifically.

The games you mention were great results, but the performances were not a patch on what we saw today.
Yeah yeah, I get it, i've got to wank off anything now because big bad Mou is gone. This was marginally better than the fulham game, because instead of sitting off in the 2nd half we attacked a bit more. We even had a 10 minute period in this 2nd half where we sat back because our energy levels had dropped. It was bloody Cardiff.

Some of the big games under LVG were piss takes how we outplayed them. EL final was a perfect cup final performance, I've never felt so calm and collected during a cup final, perfect performance. I'd even rank last seasons's derby as a better performance than this. City were 2-0 up and 45 minutes away from winning the league by beating us, a huge amount of pressure on the players in that game.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
That wasn't an away game though.
It was a neutral venue but given the stakes of that match, our performance was perfect.

Really? I thought that was average.
I disagree, given how much was riding on that 1 game our performance was perfect. We looked in control of that match from minute 1 till last.

tieunhilang

The games you mention were great results, but the performances were not a patch on what we saw today.
Juanfield was total domination from us right on Liverpool's backyard. How could it be inferior to this match against Cardiff?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah yeah, I get it, i've got to wank off anything now because big bad Mou is gone. This was marginally better than the fulham game, because instead of sitting off in the 2nd half we attacked a bit more. We even had a 10 minute period in this 2nd half where we sat back because our energy levels had dropped. It was bloody Cardiff.

Some of the big games under LVG were piss takes how we outplayed them. EL final was a perfect cup final performance, I've never felt so calm and collected during a cup final, perfect performance. I'd even rank last seasons's derby as a better performance than this. City were 2-0 up and 45 minutes away from winning the league by beating us, a huge amount of pressure on the players in that game.
Stopped reading right there. Ridiculous suggestion.

el3mel

Juanfield was a magnificent performance, our most dominant performance at their own pitch. One of our best games at Anfield, maybe the best actually.

Red Stone

We had a run under LvG where we destroyed Spurs, Pool and City pretty much on the trot. I seriously thought we had finally worked out the kinks and were on our way to becoming a ruthless title-winning team again, but then it fell apart immediately.