Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Every game in every competition nowadays. I’ve never not found a match.

I don’t know anyone anymore who sits their scratching their head wondering how the match is going because it’s not on “TV”.
If you subscribe to all the different companies covering the matches and the illegal streams - you probably will find every match somewhere

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Every premier league game is on TV somewhere.
If you want to be pedantic yes.

I can't make the Leeds game on Sunday as its my Uncles 60th. I would not have been able to watch it at his, despite him owning a TV...

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

I don’t know anyone anymore who sits their scratching their head wondering how the match is going because it’s not on “TV”.
Millions of people are not tech savvy. Don't assume everyone is in our bubble of streams etc

Posh Red

It’s interesting to see the more irritated posters seem to be the ones this has the least impact on.
My brother was travelling up to Manchester so we could go to the game together; he hasn’t been in years. I’m completely gutted to be honest and the travel is all paid for already. This is a complete shit show and I think the fans are rightfully aggrieved.

Chief123

If you subscribe to all the different companies covering the matches and the illegal streams - you probably will find every match somewhere
Tbh the main IPTV service I use has all games around Europe. Don’t need multiple subscriptions.

redshaw

Tomorrow's Nintendo Direct won't be livestreamed by Nintendo UK out of respect for the late Queen Elizabeth II.

This country is a mess. Get me out.
I thought you were joking but checked it out and it's true. The weirdest part is the Nintendo Direct takes place tomorrow, streamed around the world live. I could understand not streaming it live on the day of the funeral and perhaps the day before on a somber Sunday, but tomorrow Tuesday. Truly bizarre.

phelans shorts

If it’s for police presence can’t we just ban the away fans?
Rangers did that with Napoli, it’s a bit more difficult with local games though. For instance when we played Leeds in the FA Cup a few years ago they travelled in numbers often without tickets just for the scrap, ransacking a fair few pubs near the ground while the majority of United fans went to the game. The police presence post match particularly was huge.

Paul the Wolf

That's what Rangers did. Someone will surface any second now with some more mental gymnastics why Rangers was different to the other matches.
Rangers did that with Napoli, it’s a bit more difficult with local games though. For instance when we played Leeds in the FA Cup a few years ago they travelled in numbers often without tickets just for the scrap, ransacking a fair few pubs near the ground while the majority of United fans went to the game. The police presence post match particularly was huge.

Cpt Negative

I get it needs more police than most of our games but still don't see why we should be the ones that have to flex/miss out when Arsenal (in London) get to hold their match at almost exactly the time ours would have been.

Seems like a shite decision to me.
Id guess, and I am guessing that Brentford v Arsenal will require a lot less policing. If arsenal were playing West Ham, Chelsea or Spurs it would be off too.

I half expect Liverpool will be off because of their recent booing of national anthems, which would be very poor taste right now.

TheReligion

Abusive
My brother was travelling up to Manchester so we could go to the game together; he hasn’t been in years. I’m completely gutted to be honest and the travel is all paid for already. This is a complete shit show and I think the fans are rightfully aggrieved.
Yeah I agree with you and sympathise with your circumstances.

My point was it’s amusing that the more furious posters on the Caf seem to be those who are simply inconvenienced as they can’t watch it on their favourite stream rather than those who have lost monies or made plans like yourself.

Paul the Wolf

So providing examples is mental gymnastics?

I hope you can find happiness at some point. Your lack of understanding of, well anything is weird.
:lol:

This thread is hilarious

I imagine what’ll happen is this week will be called off, then “elite sports” will return next week in Britain, meaning our game in Moldova will happen. If local government say no then UEFA can’t make the match happen after all.

However next weekend is dependent on when the funeral/coronation take place. Could be on could be off, who knows.
Your critical thinking sort of let you down here

Greetings
Matt Le Tissier

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Id guess, and I am guessing that Brentford v Arsenal will require a lot less policing. If arsenal were playing West Ham, Chelsea or Spurs it would be off too.

I half expect Liverpool will be off because of their recent booing of national anthems, which would be very poor taste right now.
I'm sure it would. I just think if our seasons getting pissed about more, so should every other club. When they said it might just be the London clubs, I'd have felt the same... though personally, think they should have played the games Saturday and THEN started moving police around the country.

VivaRonaldo85

So no league game until the derby on Sunday 2nd October? And with the World Cup on the horizon. This so going to be mental.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

You could probably find a decent quality stream for the Sierra Leone second division if you really wanted to.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Absolute pisstake to be honest. Losing ground on other teams with no sight of when the game will be rescheduled, all because the Queen died. Beyond ridiculous.

Judas

Open to offers
Absolute pisstake to be honest. Losing ground on other teams with no sight of when the game will be rescheduled, all because the Queen died. Beyond ridiculous.
It’s a massive thing her death, what is it with these willfully ignorant throw away remarks :lol: you don’t have to like the bird to admit it’s a big deal.

Maybe you’re taking the piss though and I’ve totally wooshed myself.

Chief123

If King Charles dies before the season ends, he can feck right off. The BBC better delay the announcement until after the seasons finished.

To save our future generations from this agro, the monarchy should be abolished for this alone.

cyberman

See Robertson will be out until the break but doesn’t miss any fecking league games despite being out for almost a month.
Unreal.

phelans shorts

You were right that your prediction is that you didn't know.
Which other elite sports were you talking about.
Also interested who you meant by "local government"
The British government. Including the police.

I specifically said games would be off this weekend gone (they were) and most would be on this week/next weekend (they are).

You’re either totally clueless or deliberately trying to whip something up and I just don’t care enough to carry on with your conspiracy nonsense to be honest.

Chief123

See Robertson will be out until the break but doesn’t miss any fecking league games despite being out for almost a month.
Unreal.
To be fair, I’d rather he played. He’s been shite this season too. Tsimikas has looked better when he’s come on.

Paul the Wolf

The British government. Including HMICFRS.

I specifically said games would be off this weekend gone (they were) and most would be on this week/next weekend (they are).

You’re either totally clueless or deliberately trying to whip something up and I just don’t care enough to carry on with your conspiracy nonsense to be honest.
"who knows" means "most would be on this week/next weekend" - I see
local government means the British Government - I see
You didn't say what the other sports were - as most had resumed before last weekend.

Chief123

Thanks for the clarification, mate. Absolute shambles this whole scenario
Shocking.

I know it sounds pessimistic, but I don’t see us getting anything at City. Putting us potentially 9 points behind the top before we play our game after city. I know we have a game in hand but it’s still crap considering we could have gone top (wishful)