Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Don't you all get it?

The 7 English players who play in the Premier League will be far too upset to go out there and play.

Ludens the Red

I really don't see how not playing football is a sign of respect. It's obviously more about the Royal Family upholding their image and illusion of importance, but how come nobody asks "in what way is this a show of respect?" in public?
Yup, seems quite arbitrary… where does it begin and end.
what events not taking place qualify as a sign of respect?
Do people not go to the gym in the next ten days as a sign of respect?
Do people not go to the cinema for the next ten days as a sign of respect?

I mean it was 100% obviously coming but it still makes absolutely no sense.

Could not agree more.

This is the era of meaningless gestures.
Yup

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s turned from a weekend of mourning to a weekend of boring. :boring:

ROFLUTION

Why does it have to be a mourn fest

She was 96, by all accounts had a good life and is widely admired and loved so why can't it be a celebration? Have applause before every game, stick her picture up on the big screen, lay some flowers, sing the anthem, black armbands / special badge / remove the sponsor whatever you want but allow people to congregate, remember her and then enjoy themselves

It's mental that we can all go to work for 10hrs a day and be expected to get our heads down and grind for the economy but we can't wind down and watch a football match for 2 hrs at the weekend
Well, maybe we're mourning that Charles has now been crowned King of the United Kingdom?

rooney2009

Football was alway going to get cancelled this weekend and the next so people should get used to it
It takes a lot of public services to organise a match so I can understand why games have to called off
At least it will give Rashford and Martial more time to recover

RedMilo

More like the people serving the queen.
If you can't respect what she has done, then you can't have much respect for anyone in life. It's sad - I genuinely feel sorry for people that live their life like this.

little.triangles

Would be interesting to know many anti-vaxxer, anti-lockdown folks are in favor of shutting down the country because an old lady's time came.

ROFLUTION

Football is just a game not life or death, correct decision.
Don't you say that!

It'll matter even more when England lift the World Cup and Sir Harry Kane lifts up his shirt to reveal a face of the Queen

Stadjer

One last mark of respect to the queen is to feck the people one last time in her name. Cancel something the dirty common people enjoy

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
If you can't respect what she has done, then you can't have much respect for anyone in life. It's sad - I genuinely feel sorry for people that live their life like this.
I respect many people in my life fella. Not some lady born into a random bloodline.

No hatred for her, just not arsed.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Yup, seems quite arbitrary… where does it begin and end.
what events not taking place qualify as a sign of respect?
Do people not go to the gym in the next ten days as a sign of respect?
Do people not go to the cinema for the next ten days as a sign of respect?

I mean it was 100% obviously coming but it still makes absolutely no sense.
Yes, I shall stop going to the gym.

Man-United

Gotta feel for all the fans who has booked flight just for it to be postponed one day before

Chief123

As a mark of respect, can we waive all council tax, energy bills and food costs for the weekend too as there are more important things than taxes and costs right now.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't you all get it?

The 7 English players who play in the Premier League will be far too upset to go out there and play.
It did make me chuckle how the commentators kept saying how difficult it must have been for the players yesterday.

Like any of them gave two shits.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
sure thing bud, i will just stare at my two engineering degree certificates, charterships with 3 professional bodies and cry softly to myself that i chose a career path that i felt i was more suited too.
Ah please don't cry, just because you have a lower intellectual capacity doesn't mean you haven't tried your best. Proud of you!

Disappointed to see stuff like this on here but not surprised. The world is generally becoming a worse and worse place. After all the service Telsim has dedicated to this fine country and you insult him like that. Disgraceful

UpWithRivers

Its forced by the monarchy to continue the delusion that the monarchy are our leaders and saviors and we should love and honor them. There will be unlimited heart string pulling and emotional tv and press to continue the charade. People weeping, patriotism etc. Oh remember that time she went to Africa? First Queen to Northern Ireland. If they don't do it then it is another hammer blow to the monarchy when people are already waking up tp the con they have been spinning for centuries. So shut up and weep or your not a patriot.

Flexdegea

Nothing to do with respect. You said she served the people, when it's actually the other way round.

I have don't really have a view on it all.

I don't know her, not does anyone commenting in this thread, so keep the faux mourning for yourself.

Chief123

Gotta feel for all the fans who has booked flight just for it to be postponed one day before
I’m sure they’ll understand there are more important things than losing thousands of pounds wasted on expenses which many can barely afford to lose. I’m sure they’ll full embrace the mourning.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s all part of this ultra nationalist flag waving cult that has been governing the UK since brexit. It’s a bit funny but also a bit sad, I mean where does it end and who does it really benefit?

RedMilo

I respect many people in my life fella. Not some lady born into a random bloodline.

No hatred for her, just not arsed.
But think about what you just said - she was born into this life, she didn't ask for it. She built bridges after war's, and united people from all corner's of the world regardless of their sex, ethnicity or belief. I pay her tribute - what a woman.

Chief123

It did make me chuckle how the commentators kept saying how difficult it must have been for the players yesterday.

Like any of them gave two shits.
Yeah it was ridiculous. We had one Englishman on the pitch who generally plays shit anyway. In fact, you could argue his performance stepped up a level upon hearing the death of the Queen.