g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

TheReligion

Abusive
it’s not gonna bring her back

I always thought this was a place that poured scorn on the little englanders who still live their lives by the Rule Brittania mantra; but hey, I was wrong. Have a nice day
Sorry I don’t speak Spanish Baxter.

If you ate the whole wheel of cheese again you’ll need to go to the toilet immediately.

Lost bear

Some people, myself included are indeed in mourning. That could also include many other people that make up, and are required to put on an event or sports match. Just let people deal with it. I’m sure we can all forgo football for a while. I’m astonished to be perfectly honest how some of you manage to get through a summer. I love the game and United as much as anyone but I also love my country, the monarchy and its history. All will be well in time.
God save the King.
That's fair enough if it is your position. The problem is that I would guess probably the majority of people in the UK do not share it, and we are all compelled to act as if the world has ended. I think the queen was an interesting woman and has seen a lot, I do respect her, but on the other hand she had a life so fantastically wealthy that it is more or less unimaginable for most of us.

Also, I am a historian by profession, and I can assure you there are other ways of looking at history than yours. History and royal families are not the same thing. You share your views with many of the elderly conservatives who run the country, but please don't ask all of us to espouse them too. NB- Apart from the Man Utd bit.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't mean to sound insensitive but this is proper bullshit. Is it true that other sports aren't taking the weekend off?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Some people, myself included are indeed in mourning. That could also include many other people that make up, and are required to put on an event or sports match. Just let people deal with it. I’m sure we can all forgo football for a while. I’m astonished to be perfectly honest how some of you manage to get through a summer. I love the game and United as much as anyone but I also love my country, the monarchy and its history. All will be well in time.
God save the King.
*shudder*

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Just go and do something else then, don't give it another thought.
Well that's the point the something else I want to do is I want to watch football. And I can't because some bellends have decreed we all have to pretend to be sad.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
God save the King.
You love it’s history do you? Oh boy.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't mean to sound insensitive but this is proper bullshit. Is it true that other sports aren't taking the weekend off?
In England the rugby is still on and cricket too, so it’s just the FA/prem ruining football.

C'est Moi Cantona

So instead of people mourning if they want and not mourning if they don't want to, they make a stupid decision that divides people. The British way.
Agree with this, just play the games, cancelling them has just brought rmore resentment towards the Royal Family from some, when I doubt they would care either way, this is on the FA.

It seems an opportunity lost to let those who want to show respect for her whilst doing something they want to do, and those who disliked her could have just shut their gobs and kept their opinions to themsleves for the day I'm sure, just as long as they were getting their football fix.

C'est Moi Cantona

Well that's the point the something else I want to do is I want to watch football. And I can't because some bellends have decreed we all have to pretend to be sad.
No they haven't, and I'm sure you're not doing that, and lots of others aren't either, neither am I, and I liked her.

The emotions that postponing one game evokes in some people is quite amazing though.,

TOKUGAWA-X

The FA and PL have made so many bad decisions but i really think this one is a great decision and i applaud it.

They understood how significant this weekend is for the country, good for them.

HairyBack23

God save the King.
England's equivalent to a Trump fanatic.

salfordlad

I often wonder what the average age of posters on here are. Fifteen? I was born in Salford in 1952 and as a young lad it seemed everybody had a picture of the queen somewhere in their homes. We had respect for our institutions. Now I feel like I'm in The Four Yorkshiremen... "And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you..."

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Even though I don’t support any kind of monarchies of any nation, and I think they shouldn’t exist, I do have respect for the passing of an elderly woman.

Obviously, I don’t agree with suspending economical activities over it, but hey, I’m not a UK citizen so go on and do whatever you want.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I often wonder what the average age of posters on here are. Fifteen? I was born in Salford in 1952 and as a young lad it seemed everybody had a picture of the queen somewhere in their homes. We had respect for our institutions. Now I feel like I'm in The Four Yorkshiremen... "And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you..."
Social media has given some people the impression that their opinion is not only important and right but should be shared at every opportunity. It is incredibly dull.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I don't care about the Queen and I don't see why my weekend should be spoiled in deference to a feeling that I'm supposed to have but don't.
Can you not spend it instead with your family? Or go for a meal/drinks with your friends?

HairyBack23

People woke up.

salfordlad

People woke up.
Woke from what? People today on average are far less educated than a few generations ago. There is something comforting to many of us with keeping our long held British traditions alive. Woke or not...

sepulturite

This forum for the next week:

'Soooooo how are you? How's the family?'

*Tumbleweeds*

Lee565

In England the rugby is still on and cricket too, so it’s just the FA/prem ruining football.
Thing is the right wing press will ignore them sports but if football had carried on they would obviously act morally outraged at the English football leagues

mu4c_20le

Country's gone

Red00012

Welcome to 2022

crossy1686

career ending
Probably a broad range, which is why opinions are so varied in this place. I mean if you want to go into details there’s a bunch of reasons anyone born from the 80’s onwards has a problem with the monarchy and the royals in general, and that’s before we even get into a discussion about ‘tradition’ and that bollocks.