Is Garnacho about to be "Cavanied"? | No

Piabetic

I'm surprised someone hasn't campaigned to have the Gorilla emoji removed as there seems to be no situation where someone could use it these days without someone having an issue with it. Correct choice in this case, no doubt only because of Onana's quick response to defuse the situation.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
FA are getting soft. Garnacho gets to liken people to animals. Diaz gets to show written messages on his undershirt. It's anarchy out there

Chumpsbechumps

FA to take no action against Garnacho. A sensible outcome, it would've been excessive and unhelpful to punish him.
Wow, I am gobsmacked, common sense and the english FA dont usually find each other compatible.

siw2007

He is a lucky boy to escape a ban, even a small one. It was blatantly not used in a racist way so it would be infuriating to be charged for it but he must remember his responsibilities when using social media. Otherwise, I’m very happy that the FA have taken his side of the story.

tomaldinho1

I genuinely think they saw the lack of real reaction to it and then made their decision, lucky VAR has been dominating the headlines I guess.

cafecillos

I'm surprised someone hasn't campaigned to have the Gorilla emoji removed as there seems to be no situation where someone could use it these days without someone having an issue with it. Correct choice in this case, no doubt only because of Onana's quick response to defuse the situation.
It's not that hard though. Avoid using it when publicly posting in connection to black people and you're good.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Common sense prevails! I didn’t think the FA had it in them

neon_badger

Let's hope the club are putting a bit more effort into educating/helping players with social media and media duties in general, also the players that incorporated the "play like you mean it" slogan taken from the away fans banner on Saturday into their generic post match instagram post can all feck off

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I am genuinely shocked that the football authorities actually ruled in our favour for once! :lol: Have they got the Wolves game out of their system at last?

Doracle

A surprising decision. Not words I say very often but well done to the FA.

The internet: "So why did you post that emoji?"

G: "To show support for my friend and teammate, who had just made one hell of a save at the death of a game."

The internet: "So you weren't making a comment about him being black?"

G: "No. That would kind of weird thing to do. If I had a problem with him being black, why would I post it on line? More to the point why would I post it online after hes just had a great night and saved the team? It's not like he hasn't had a few howlers over the past few weeks. If I did have a problem with him being black, would I not do it every other time when hes fecked up? Seems kinda weird that I would have nothing bad to say when hes been poor but have some racist comments when hes done well. Dont you think?"

The internet: feck YOUR CONTEXT!!!! I MUST VIRTUE SIGNAL!!!!!!!!

And more to the point, Onana now has to deal with all this shit because mouth breathing feck wits can't just take things as they are. And always have to be assuming that it's the worst case scenario. Just stay off the socials. Nothing good ever comes from posting on there. ITs nothing but cnuts chasing clout and they will torch any of you to get it. Dont forget to like, share and subscribe for more context ignoring pitch fork action. #feckcontext #feckfacts #feelingsforthewin #harrypotter #starwars #everythingelsethatgetsmethemostexposurecosimafamefeckingcunt
Just saw this, and apologies for posting a reply this late. Love it, fantastic post!

Kellyiom

When I first saw the headline, my first thought was this is some new patois the kids use like 'the week I've had, I'm getting absolutely Cavanied on Saturday'. Common sense wins the day! Very unusual for these times.

fallengt

But I like Gorillas

Slevs

likes to play with penises
:lol::lol:

I hadn't even heard of this but ridiculous there was a chance he could've gotten banned

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

FA to take no action against Garnacho. A sensible outcome, it would've been excessive and unhelpful to punish him.
If they take action after Onana said he was not offended which means the FA choose ignore his comments anyway then they'll be the ones who offends Onana. Thank you Onana. Feck off FA.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
A sure sign of how bad we've been just lately, even the FA are opting for pity over punishment.

justsomebloke

Well, that was a surprising victory for measured reason and good sense. Well handled by the FA, I had not expected as much.