Is Garnacho about to be "Cavanied"? | No

justsomebloke

Sigh. How difficult can it be to understand that doing that might have consequences?

IrishRedDevil

Obviously just referring to his muscles, calm down.

Ladies often call me a gorilla in the sheets and I don't give them a 3 night ban.

justsomebloke

I highly doubt it was done with malicious intent and once realised he quickly deleted it.
I have no doubt about that - indeed, it's obvious from the context. But as the Cavani episode shows, that won't make any difference.

My point is how the feck could it not be obvious to him that he would get in trouble doing that? If Cavani gets banned for affectionately referring to a friend as "Negrito", what did he think would happen if he posts a gorilla emoji to describe a black teammate?

neon_badger

He could be in trouble the media will try to get hold of this and run with it, the FA rules on social media posts rightly cover this, it'll be hard to prove he ment no harm (which i suspect is the case).
Curiosity got the better of me and i went into the dark murky chamber that is the Daily Mail comments section, first comment .....

"Didnt that other ignorant eedjiot Bernardo Silva do something similar to his so called pal Mendy. Now this Argentinian. Who can forget Suarez racist tirade against Evra. These latino types need to be depicted as animals themselves."

Andy_Cole

He should just say it was a typo. Gorilla is near the T-Rex emoji, with Onanas T-Rex arms say that he was meant to post with T-Rex.

Wengerista

Supports
Arsenal
In a sane world around this kind of thing...sure, actions can be rebuked regardless of intent, they still have consequences after all - but only malintent should actually be punished.

RonaldoVII

It’s not racist unless they make it racist. People used to call babies a cheeky monkey which had nothing to do with race but now some want to be offended for others

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Obviously just referring to his muscles, calm down.

Ladies often call me a gorilla in the sheets and I don't give them a 3 night ban.
Extremely small todger in perspective with your hulking physique?

Brophs

The One and Only
He was just saying "That save was bananas, B A N A N A S"

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah he's definitely getting a ban.

You'd think someone at the club would have a job specifically educating players about do's and dont's on social media, especially those who come through the ranks in some capacity.

It doesn't have to be maliciously racist to break the social media rules.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Idiot, no racist intention but just not something to do when all connotations point to the negative.

justsomebloke

He should just say it was a typo. Gorilla is near the T-Rex emoji, with Onanas T-Rex arms say that he was meant to post with T-Rex.
To imply T-Rex arms on a goalkeeper would surely be genuinely insulting, regardless of intention?

El Zoido

This kid isn’t the smartest with social media, remember when he posted a photo of him watching a game and his vape was on the couch? Then he deleted it and posted it again with the vape gone.

But then again, he is only 19. Most people are dumb at that age. Don’t wanna be too harsh on him but the club should probably have a word about his social media usage.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
This kid isn’t the smartest with social media, remember when he posted a photo of him watching a game and his vape was on the couch? Then he deleted it and posted it again with the vape gone.

But then again, he is only 19. Most people are dumb at that age. Don’t wanna be too harsh on him but the club should probably have a word about his social media usage.
Send him to bed with no dinner!

Unam333

Really dumb, but I think it was not made with malicious intent. To be consistent I think a ban and a fine like Cavani's is the correct thing to do. Sucks, but we're already in a mini crisis and the media will make a big deal out of it, because it's United.

tomaldinho1

Can anyone explain me what did he mean? I fail to understand reasons
I thought it was 2 Gorillas, Maguire and Onana - I feel like people want this to be bad but would assume he's implying two monsters/units etc.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Good bye Garnacho it was good to have you after MG. Now onto the next talent we go.

Meep

How is it possible to be this stupid. Think players should have a social media restriction in their contract. They are to dumb to be on social media. And it is ONLY self promotion. Team promotion goes in official accounts. (how bad they are is another concern..)