Is Harry Kane England's sacred cow?

cyberman

I hate how the English media pretend he's injured when he doesn't play well. Based on nothing but a poor performance. It was the exact same narrative after the group stages in Russia.

The Oracle

His literally just come of the back of a Player of the year worthy season.
Maybe it's an England thing with him at the moment then.

At least there is still time in the tournament for him to come good.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I hate how the English media pretend he's injured when he doesn't play well. Based on nothing but a poor performance. It was the exact same narrative after the group stages in Russia.
How is that any different than how the English media talk up any player, did you see the build up to Greilish coming on? :lol:

cyberman

How is that any different than how the English media talk up any player, did you see the build up to Greilish coming on? :lol:
I made that point in Jacks thread? It seems like an injury excuse is plucked from thin air when Kane fecks it for England. Literally nothing to back it up but we will say it anyway

RooneyLegend

Has to be dropped. Can't have a player playing like that at an international tournament. Even if maybe it's to send him a message. Amazed someone like Wilson wasn't selected for the tournament.

el3mel

International teams are never a good indication to rate a player or not. All that matters is his form with his club in the league for anyone interested in buying.

Pretty much the entire English team was shit tonight bar probably Mount.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
That he plays in front of a midfield two who offer just as little at Spurs and still manages to knock in 30 goals most seasons.
So what is your point? He has a shit midfield for both teams? He was clearly told today to stay forward, and he did, as a result got feck all service from the prodical sons of Foden and Mount, a winger in Sterling playing as a 10 and Greilish, the return of Jesus himself, doing diddly.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
So what is your point? he has a shit midfield for both team? He was clearly told today to stay forward, and he did, as a result got feck all service from the prodical sons of Foden and Mount, a winger in Sterling playing as a 10 and Greilish, the return of Jesus himself, doing diddly.
Yes. The first post I responded to was you saying he was shit (or at least partially) because of the midfield?

Wilt

Begining to wonder if the City transfer is on his mind?

Originally he wanted any transfer business done and dusted before the Euro’s.

Roboc7

Has to be dropped. Can't have a player playing like that at an international tournament. Even if maybe it's to send him a message. Amazed someone like Wilson wasn't selected for the tournament.
Him and Sterling both need to be dropped but just can’t see it happening. No doubt even if he did drop him Southgate would just pick Rashford who is also not fit.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is this a RvN-type of situation? Man Utd's fluidity went up a gear after playing a more dynamic striker (Saha), right?

El Zoido

Him and Sterling both need to be dropped but just can’t see it happening. No doubt even if he did drop him Southgate would just pick Rashford who is also not fit.
He should be exploiting the Shaw/Rashford linkup on the left side. Rashford came on tonight and played down the middle, had about three touches in 15 minutes because Sterling refused to pass the ball to him. I agree Rashford isn’t fully fit, but he can be utilised better.

GMoore23

I bet when Rooney was the sacred cow, you didn't complain.
If your talking about his later seasons when he was well past it as he didn't look after himself, you can bet your ass I complained.
If your talking about Prime Rooney as Kane is now in his prime then no, I didn't need to complain.
Prime Rooney was a force of nature and on another planet from Kane.
Kanes a phenomenal finisher.
Rooney was a phenomenal footballer.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Interesting how Kane and Lukaku compare. Kane bypassed him by decent margin when Lukaku moved to United, Lukaku seems clear now despite his flaws. Kane should genuinely be dropped, he offers basically nothing. Happy United won't spend over 100 million to sign him.

Roboc7

I agree but who looked good for England going forward, I'm not defending Kane.
No one but this is a thread about Kane who has done nothing in either game and doesn’t look fit, he’s been subbed off in both games which shows how bad he’s been.

Oranges038

Poor Old Harry looks a bit washed up. Maybe he just needs some fresh grass to liven him up a bit.

Mcking

Put Dominic Calvert-Lewin up there, and he'd be shit as well. It is not Kane.

Dan_F

England need someone to actually lead the line. They have enough talent in those areas between the oppositions midfield and defence.

Foden did take up the space ahead of him a few times early on, but it’s not really his game. Sterling is just shit.

Anyone who spends 100 million on Kane is mental.

G-MUFC

Im 100% sure this is how he’d look
If he signed for us. Absolutely under no circumstances should we spend north of 90m on him.
Completely agree. He'd slow us down and would not suit United. He's got no pace now and he'll get even slower over the next year or two.

He did an interview with Gary Neville recently too where he implied that he thinks he can get to the numbers of what Messi and Ronaldo have achieved. This should set alarm bells ringing for us as it gives an insight into him being a bit out of touch with reality to put it mildly!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Needs to stop pretending he’s a #10.
Yeah I feel the English media make too much of him dropping deep. He's not a good footballer in those areas compared to the likes of Foden, Mount or Grealish. To be honest I'm not liking the balance of that attack at all. Foden shouldn't be on the right, either him or Mount central. Sterling is playing average for the last 12 months and isn't bringing enough. Kane isn't getting the service or options around him to feed off him and make the most of what he can do.

All just a mess and boring to watch.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If United splash big money on him, he will be a dud - mark my words. Just does not stretch the game enough anymore especially not against top top sides or in very pressured games. Spurs player.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Yeah I feel the English media make too much of him dropping deep. He's not a good footballer in those areas compared to the likes of Foden, Mount or Grealish. To be honest I'm not liking the balance of that attack at all. Foden shouldn't be on the right, either him or Mount central. Sterling is playing average for the last 12 months and isn't bringing enough. Kane isn't getting the service or options around him to feed off him and make the most of what he can do.

All just a mess and boring to watch.
absolutely cannot understand how Sancho isn’t in the team ahead of Foden. England need more pace and penetration, there’s too many wannabe #10s in there: Mount, Kane and Foden all want to get on the ball rather than getting in behind.

Sterling is Sterling and will always be a headless chicken.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
absolutely cannot understand how Sancho isn’t in the team ahead of Foden. England need more pace and penetration, there’s too many wannabe #10s in there: Mount, Kane and Foden all want to get on the ball rather than getting in behind.

Sterling is Sterling and will always be a headless chicken.
Sterling is a good outlet for a dominant team like City. He's not the right player for a submissive England team that seemingly needs a talisman in every position. Either sort the plan out or change the team. This England team is going nowhere fast.