Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OL29

I could pretend he's brilliant and destined to fulfil his potential if you'd prefer.
No, there’s a massive difference between pretending he’s brilliant and relentlessly bashing him (or any of our players) unprovoked, which shouldn’t be too much to ask of people who supposedly support the club.

Judas

Open to offers
Not really bashing to say he'll take negatively to having his shirt number taken from him again when he reacted badly the first time, is it? More so just being logical.

OL29

Not really bashing to say he'll take negatively to having his shirt number taken from him again when he reacted badly the first time, is it? More so just being logical.
“Martial would sulk all over again though, can't upset him he might only score one goal next season as revenge”, come on now, it’s a petty and unnecessary shot at a player who’s been injured for months, at least own it.

darko

If United sign/buy only one player this off-season it should Haaland. Quit wasting time and money and buy the best out there. He's worth at least 50 million more than Sancho. Other than that, they need to strengthen CM.

Giggsy13

If United sign/buy only one player this off-season it should Haaland. Quit wasting time and money and buy the best out there. He's worth at least 50 million more than Sancho. Other than that, they need to strengthen CM.
It’s not just one player we need though, we need quality and depth. Sancho is class, sign him and focus on Haaland next season.

bosskeano

Haaland has already admitted that he respects the contract with BVB and respects that the Sporting Director said there was no chance he would be sold this summer.

i can't post the media on here yet but he has an interview on @ViaplayFotball talking about this summer and his transfer rumors

darko

Sancho plays on the right and Grealish doesn't which is the primary reason as it provides balance. Sancho can put a ball in the box, beat defenders, score goals and create goals plus he's right footed.

The issue with the right is Greenwood primarily wants to cut inside, just like rashford, and AWB isn't the best at creating scoring chances or putting in a consistent decent cross.

Do i think Grealish would be a fantastic addition? Absolutely, but he's not the answer to our problems on the right.
You can't create scoring chances when you only have one striker vs 3 defenders. There have been plenty of good balls put in from the right with no one there to get on the end of them.

Judas

Open to offers
Haaland doesn't change the result on Wednesday night. He's not the only answer to fixing us, and to spunk an obscene amount on him this summer leaving us short in money to fix the other issues would be short sighted and idiotic. That and he's obviously not moving this summer.

darko

A few
I am going to do this here again

In:
Sancho 80m
New DM 40m
New CB 40m

Out:
Lingard 30m
James 20m
Pereira 10m
A few years ago Fred cost about 50 million. What kind of DM will 40 million get United? It's not like their scouts are finding diamonds in the rough.

SeanyC

Haaland doesn't change the result on Wednesday night. He's not the only answer to fixing us, and to spunk an obscene amount on him this summer leaving us short in money to fix the other issues would be short sighted and idiotic. That and he's obviously not moving this summer.
Totally agree, other areas of the pitch are a priority right now, them damn set pieces have been a nightmare this season and we need to plug that. Centre Midfield bar Pogba there is no creative spark to help Bruno.

If we are to get a forward, offload Martial, he will just not get us 20+ goals a season and it’s shame but his time is up

Rocknrolla69er

To me its light hearted piss taking of an issue, like a lot of posts on here. I'm sorry if it offended you though.
Don't be sorry pal, if people get offended that easily they need to have a word with themselfs it's pathetic

Giggsy13

If we sign Sancho, then there’s a good chance we go for a cheaper alternative at striker. Ings would be an option though I know he doesn’t move the needle for most, but as a squad player, he’d be ideal.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If we sign Sancho, then there’s a good chance we go for a cheaper alternative at striker. Ings would be an option though I know he doesn’t move the needle for most, but as a squad player, he’d be ideal.
I agree.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Christian Falk, German pundit and itk, said yesterday that the EPL would be a big step up for Sancho and require at least one season to adjust. He said, ideally Sancho be used in rotation until acclimatised to the demands of a tougher league.
He cited the expectation put on young players like Werner and Havertz having to adapt, as an example.

That seems reasonable to me, so we shouldn’t expect Sancho to come in and be an automatic starter in almost every game and expect him to produce miracles.
Christian Falk is a spoofer. Sancho is far better than Werner and Havertz.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It’s pretty ridiculous to be upset at Chelsea for playing their 130 million pound worth of investments. If they’re that bad then German teams should drop their value of players.

BorisManUtd

He’s also likely bitter that Bayern aren’t in on Sancho.
They may be interested in him but I think Sancho being English would ideally want to go to PL, unlike most of German players/managers choosing Bayern.

If we can wrap this up before Euros then great but the way we do our business don't think it'll happen that soon.

Banana Republic

A few years ago Fred cost about 50 million. What kind of DM will 40 million get United?
Prices in the market should be down, if evidenced by what’s happening in Italy and Spain.
For example, players being valued at £25m or £30m are only getting potential offers of £10m or £15m, if press reports are correct.
That’s all some clubs can afford.
Utd will have to be astute in buying and not get sucked in by “Utd factor” price tags. That has to stop.

This is the Sancho thread though and players like him are not going to come cheap.
BVB will not reduce from their new lower valuation and they’ve set a semi- flexible deadline, subject to the Euros, for a deal to be completed.
Other teams are potentially in for him and if we don’t act now and get a deal in principle nailed down, we could miss out.
Liverpool have him in mind and there’s speculation there maybe some changes to their squad which will open the door to making a bid for Sancho.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
That's true, and also what actually is the problem with those two? Werner having the worst streak of bad luck ever and yet being the top scorer Chelsea have this season, and Havertz had to recover from Covid, and both had to deal with Lampard having no idea how to set up his team. None of these problems would apply to Sancho and if they did that is nothing that should stop you to expect that a healthy Sancho playing on whatever wing Ole wants him to play can't be an important player from day one.

If Sancho gets injured or ill than that's a different story, but Falk is mixing up the quality of the players with their individual situation to make Sancho look worse than he is. That's just stupid.

432JuanMata

To answer the thread title, he is absolutely not worth 100m as a player but due to our RW problem and our inability to fix it he might be worth 100m to us.
He is a good player with great potential but way overpriced but we are a club that desperately needs a RW so if we paid it I wouldn’t be upset

choccy77

I've lost all enthusiasm for Sancho at United.

Let's face it, most of our transfers have been wrong or poor aside from the odd one or two.

I think we are always going for the wrong players, I hope this summer we sign 4 key players that will take us to the next level.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
A few

A few years ago Fred cost about 50 million. What kind of DM will 40 million get United? It's not like their scouts are finding diamonds in the rough.
A few years agp we are in normal market where the likes of Neymar and Mbappe would cost 180-200m. Now we are in COVID market where the best players in the market would struggle to find buyers for 100-120m.

Highfather_24

Still think he is better on the left and will not help us break down teams sitting deep.

We need someone like Grealish...but who can play from the right.

croadyman

Still think he is better on the left and will not help us break down teams sitting deep.

So frustrates me how little Jack has played from the RW in his career because it means we don't know how good he could be

Xeno

A few

I don’t disagree but Kante was 5.6 and then 30 something to Chelsea. Casemiro was 5. Even Camaviga would be c.35.

I can’t craft a good point but we don’t need to buy top of the market every player just better scouting.

Fred isn’t worth 50 but he’s useful in the squad.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Grealish is the answer. Even on the right.

It's like when City signed Nasri despite having Silva on the left in 2011. Grealish is like Nasri in that his press resistance and the way he always buys himself time on the ball no matter how tight the space is, allows him to still have a positive impact on the game. Except he's even better than Nasri was.

Highfather_24

Grealish is the answer. Even on the right.

It's like when City signed Nasri despite having Silva on the left in 2011. Grealish is like Nasri in that his press resistance and the way he always buys himself time on the ball no matter how tight the space is, allows him to still have a positive impact on the game. Except he's even better than Nasri was.
I remember Grealish playing for England on the right and producing a peach of a cross for DCL to score.

I think Grealish is more like Hazard where he is at his best when he can cut in from the left and pick out passes or shoot. When he plays from the right he tends to drift in to the centre and tries to play one-twos with the players on the inside. I'm not too confident of him being at his best on the right.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I love how this whole narrative completely ignores that Martial had been going through a very messy and public break-up with the mother of his child, was in the first season of being played fulltime in a new position, and under a manager who obviously didn't like him. All as a 20 year old. But people talk as if his bad form in 16/17 was purely because he had his number changed (which in itself was a symptom of the manager issue) or he couldn't handle the competition from Zlatan (which wasn't really a competition as Mourinho refused to play him as a striker).

sherrinford

Why would you think Sancho won't help in breaking down teams sitting deep but Grealish will?

Playing Grealish from the right is not dissimilar to using Sancho there.

Highfather_24

Why would you think Sancho won't help in breaking down teams sitting deep but Grealish will?

Playing Grealish from the right is not dissimilar to using Sancho there.
Good question. I think its because Grealish is more creative and is better in tight spaces.

Yeah they are similar players in some ways, but Sancho is relatively more proven at RW.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Last couple of posts is evidence a lot on this forum have barely watched Sancho play.
Sancho is one of the most creative players on the market and is a whole five years younger than Grealish...not to talk of more tactically flexible.

Mylock

Sancho is a superb player, who has great awareness on what's around him. I would say £70m inclusive of bonuses should be the price.

Widow

I love how this whole narrative completely ignores that Martial had been going through a very messy and public break-up with the mother of his child, was in the first season of being played fulltime in a new position, and under a manager who obviously didn't like him. All as a 20 year old. But people talk as if his bad form in 16/17 was purely because he had his number changed (which in itself was a symptom of the manager issue) or he couldn't handle the competition from Zlatan (which wasn't really a competition as Mourinho refused to play him as a striker).
For whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him at United. One good season in six years just isn't good enough. I'm not bashing him purely pointing out the facts. A move to Dortmund, Spurs ect... Could be really good for him, similar to Lindgard.

Status
Not open for further replies.