Is Neymar a childish brat?

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You can tell the World Cup broke him. That game after the internet made him a meme was like no other for Neymar. He looked like a train hit him emotionally and you could see his desperation in every challenge to over exaggerate his muted reactions. It’s no surprise he’s come out and talked about the depression he had after the World Cup exit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's a sarcastic response to a question for which the obvious answer is "yes"

Is a bear Catholic?
Does the pope shit in the woods?
I knew it meant yes, it’s the second part I didnt know. So it’s just a silly mix of those 2, gotcha

Robbie Boy

Absolutely yes, over the last couple of months he has become my most disliked footballer, quite easily.
I kinda feel like this too. I never used to have any issues with whatsoever but over the past few months, I have started to think he’s an utter feck bucket.

RedCurry

He probably is, but if I was playing against Neymar, I’d so much rather he pushed me around than try to act as if he’s better than me.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's been half assing it.
Barely runs anymore and uses his pace to stretch and commit defenders.
Just wants to slowly dribble 2 or 3 men each time.
Standard Brazilian in Europe then.

2 or 3 seasons of beasting past everyone and taking the piss and then eventually slow it right down and lose all sense of what made you great as a player.

See Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, etc.

crossy1686

career ending
Neymar seems determined to become the best player in the world and win every individual trophy going, problem is, it's hard to be determined and likeable, like Mbappé is for example. He also wants to be the best player in the world, but says he doesn't care about individual trophies, says it's a team game and doesn't dive or cheat.

Neymar's so determined to be the best thing to come out of Brazil since x that he doesn't care how he gets there. Unfortunately for him, no PR machine can make you a better player or get you free kicks when you go down under a challenge.

He'll end up at Madrid but I don't think he'll ever get to where he thinks he deserves to be. There are other players that will eclipse him in the next couple of years.

p.s. regards to the clip, nothing wrong with it.

Laurentiu amt

Al latin people ar a bit brats, you need to expect it and respect it in the same time.

On the fair side of things, I would expect him to grow up a bit after this WC, he's not 19 anymore.

JSArsenal

No, he is one of the most hated players out there though. For doing things that plenty of people's heroes have done before. Anyone remember Ronaldo's wink at the 2006 World Cup?

Both Rooney and Gerrard have a history of diving, as well as a score of other top players but I've never seen them get this level of animosity

For some reason, Neymar's public personality rubs people the wrong way so his diving and other histrionics on the field will attract a lot of animosity. He isn't a dirty player, never heard stories of him racially abusing someone on the pitch or biting them, so I don't dislike him.

Neymar is just a product of the football world that past generations created. Diving, exaggerating contact and top stars receiving special treatment were all around before he signed his first professional contract.

Schneckerl

I feel like his quality as a player is starting to get underrated because people are blinded by his stupid antics. Remember he played the WC after being injured for like 3 months.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
lol

As I said in another thread, I'm 100% confident Neymar signing for Real would trigger a war among madridistas sooner than later unless Neymar becomes the perfect son-in-law, a thing I can't see, to be honest. He's cynical af, he can lie and he lies so well, but I just can't see it, he would slide eventually. The first time he leaves in the middle of the season to celebrate his sister's birthday in Brazil he's gonna be absolutely trashed by the anti-Florentino journalist brigade, which will trigger the over-protection of the pro-Florentino journalist brigade, and they gonna kill each others.
*Adds to my "newbies to look forward to joining the mains full time" list*

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I feel like his quality as a player is starting to get underrated because people are blinded by his stupid antics. Remember he played the WC after being injured for like 3 months.
There’s a massive tendency amongst fans to rate players according to how likeable they are. Neymar needs to have a great CL next season and he needs to fix his image.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He most certainly is, but I don't think his conduct there was that bad. I think Owen jacking off after scoring penalties past that young keeper was worse.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe, he'll have another world cup but there's no denying he's changed his game from his Barca days

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I think there's a sentiment growing amongst the Paris fans that they wouldn't mind getting rid of him since they have someone who is potentially better and an 'fils du sol'/'enfant du pays' in Mbappe.

LouisDanGaal

If Neymar jumps on the floor and there's nobody there to see it, is it still a dive?

beedoubleyou

He's the biggest cnut in world football. After the World Cup and the PSG nonsense, it isn't even up for debate for me. He's a maggot.

buchansleftleg

For me it's not how hard he goes after the kid, it's the fact he does it in front of the cameras at the launch of his own tournament!

You can just see the whole of his media and comms team just doing a facepalm after he does it. It's like something from Alan Partridge!

the_irish123

For me it's not how hard he goes after the kid, it's the fact he does it in front of the cameras at the launch of his own tournament!

You can just see the whole of his media and comms team just doing a facepalm after he does it. It's like something from Alan Partridge!
The kid is Neymar’s age

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's an utter knob.

I'm glad the true hero of the next generation in Mbappe is a grounded, intelligent and brilliant player. Neymar can do one.

My misso watched the WC with me and she didn't know who Neymar was but she hated him very quickly.

bpet15

He’s done more defending in that clip than his entire professional career. Must be working on becoming a two way player.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Robinho 2.0 if you ask me. A better footballer, but an even bigger prick.
Robinho is a convicted rapist. Neymar is a prick but nowhere near that level, thankfully.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Yes, he is.

That said, we should have signed him.

Even at the obscene figures, there is ROI and he would bring back some glamour to the club.