Is Pochettino's time at Spurs coming to an end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

I'm not convinced he is a Klopp/Guardiola calibre of coach or even the next best after them, but he is certainly much better than who we have and has at least shown he can develop players and build a side.

Sparky Rhiwabon

It does worry me a bit that Poch keeps insisting on playing Kane in a deep role. I don't get the thinking behind that.

Greck

Stars are aligning for a sack. If they lose this one I can see him out as soon as Monday. It will be clear there's no turning this around

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'm not convinced he is a Klopp/Guardiola calibre of coach or even the next best after them, but he is certainly much better than who we have and has at least shown he can develop players and build a side.
Not having a dig by any means but who would you categorise the next best after then? Conte?

Woodzy

Think the stars are aligning for him to be our manager.

Or for us to stick with Ole for an extra month by which point Poch will be at Madrid and we will hire someone else with little experience

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Bring him here! Perfect man for a rebuild, can build a team and improve players.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

There's a manager failing big time at a club where he has won nothing in his 5 years there. In that 5 years they have bottled any chance that has come their way to win a pot.

He has lost about 19 of the last 40 Premier league games.

The squad has been so poorly managed that they get to a situation where they are now so disjointed as a team they are really struggling despite having a better squad than United.

But hey, let's hire him!

I can imagine all the excuses on here if we actually had Poch as manager right now with the same results Ole has had so far this season. 'he needs time', 'it's not his team yet', 'he's already proved himself' blah blah.

Greck

There's a manager failing big time at a club where he has won nothing in his 5 years there. In that 5 years they have bottled any chance that has come their way to win a pot.

The squad has been so poorly managed that they get to a situation where they are now so disjointed as a team they are really struggling despite having a better squad than United.

But hey, let's hire him!

I can imagine all the excuses on here if we actually had Poch as manager right now with the same results Ole has had so far this season. 'he needs time', 'it's not his team yet', 'he's already proved himself' blah blah.
still a better manager than Ole...and I'd like to see you dispute that

Cloud7

Doing his best to get sacked before United get someone else in to replace Ole. Top lad, Poch.

mu4c_20le

Think the stars are aligning for him to be our manager.

Or for us to stick with Ole for an extra month by which point Poch will be at Madrid and we will hire someone else with little experience
I think it's the opposite actually, his stock has dropped massively and he's damaged goods. Woodward seems to prefer Allegri now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

But hey, let's hire him!

And before those 5 years, the said club wasn't even expected to qualify for the CL, let alone getting into the final.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

still a better manager than Ole...and I'd like to see you dispute that
Well we don't know that for sure do we? Unless Ole gets 5 years, then we'll know for sure.

The only difference so far is time.

Poch didn't finish in the top 4 in his first season.

Greck

Well we don't know that for sure do we? Unless Ole gets 5 years, then we'll know for sure.

The only difference so far is time.

Poch didn't finish in the top 4 in his first season.
Ole has been a manager for more than 5 years and nothing he has done in his entire career matches Poch's career. We do know for sure who the better manager is. Poch actually earned his way to Tottenham unlike Ole whose career trajectory had him relegated to managing in Norway

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Doing his best to get sacked before United get someone else in to replace Ole. Top lad, Poch.
:lol: Don’t understand why he even remained at Spurs. Should have left of the high of last season. Football experts and analyst have shown the players are downing tools and find his training regime too intense for them giving what they are paid. Levy should take full responsibility for this for not giving poch the rebuild he wanted and not offering their players the wage increase they deserved after the season they put in with Poch in the past. At United, Poch won’t have the problem because we have the capacity to offer ridiculous wages and buy players Spurs could only dream about.

Member 90887

And before those 5 years, the said club wasn't even expected to qualify for the CL, let alone getting into the final.
In the 5 seasons before they finished 2 times 4th and 2 times 5th.

Poch managing spurs came at a time where United and Arsenal were extremly shit.

While he did a good job with this spurs team, it's nowhere near how his fans here see it.

alexthelion

Ole has been a manager for more than 5 years and nothing he has done in his entire career matches Poch's career. We do know for sure who the better manager is. Poch actually earned his way to Tottenham unlike Ole whose career trajectory had him relegated to managing in Norway
At least Ole has actually won something, albeit the Norwegian league. Poch has won diddly squat anywhere.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well that's not strictly true. They finished 6th the season before Poch was appointed (and Tim Sherwood had top 4 form) and before that they finished 4th twice and 5th twice. They got ludicrously fortunate on their run to the final, and I don't think that's enough to mitigate pretty standard premier league results since his time there.

Alabaster Codify7

No. As long as he gets them top 4, his job is safe - that's all his requirements are at Spurs, the board accept this due to their lack of investment. He's not rally under pressure there. As long as he's happy to stay, he will remain in a job unless they begin falling down the table each season's end.

LJJT

I’m no poch expert but didn’t he do ok at espanyol and gain a bit of credibility then do the same at saints? Hardly a rip roaring success before spurs took a punt on him. Could argue at saints and spurs he benefited from fantastic youth players already in place?

fezzerUTD

So was it a fluke he got spurs to CL final without investing that summer?

Greck

I’m no poch expert but didn’t he do ok at espanyol and gain a bit of credibility then do the same at saints? Hardly a rip roaring success before spurs took a punt on him. Could argue at saints and spurs he benefited from fantastic youth players already in place?
It was far from a punt. At Southampton he was the equivalent of what Eddy howe is now and if you were on the cafe at the time you'd remember a small minority even suggesting for him to replace SAF. He had far far Far far far more cred than being a Molde manager. Funny enougj Spurs will probably end up going for Howe if Poch leaves

RussellWilson

The man that's failing at rebuilding his spurs team with players like Kane, Son and Delle Ali is the perfect man for a rebuild.
Who do you think built that team in the first place?

And who the hell were Kane, Son and Alli before Poch came along and developed each of them and this team? Doesn't happen by accident, happens by very good coaching.

How many of our young talents improve and progress?

Woodzy

Klopp has Dortmund near the relegation zone when his time come to an end. Sometimes there’s only so far you can go with a team.

It’s clear that Poch is a top manager in football, and at the very least has a much better record than our current manager.

LJJT

It was far from a punt. At Southampton he was the equivalent of what Eddy howe is now and if you were on the cafe at the time you'd remember a small minority even suggesting for him to replace SAF. He had far far Far far far more cred than being a Molde manager
Really? Left espanyol near the bottom or bottom wherent they? Got some credibility cos they drew or beat Barca? . Eddy Howe would be a huge punt for us. I have no idea if I was on the cafe at the time poch went to spurs. At least I could argue ole actually won something,

Jibbs

Those who think Pochettino is an average manager, I am afraid to say has a very limited perspective about football. He is a fantastic manager, with strong personality and knows how to build a team. He has a clear philosophy, personality and determination. All ingredients of a great manager.

RussellWilson

Really? Left espanyol near the bottom or bottom wherent they? Got some credibility cos they drew or beat Barca? . Eddy Howe would be a huge punt for us. I have no idea if I was on the cafe at the time poch went to spurs. At least I could argue ole actually won something,
I'm not sure what the argument is here, that Ole has better credentials than Poch because he won trophies at Molde?

mu4c_20le

Klopp has Dortmund near the relegation zone when his time come to an end. Sometimes there’s only so far you can go with a team.

It’s clear that Poch is a top manager in football, and at the very least has a much better record than our current manager.
Umm, that last sentence doesn't sound very convincing at all.

Greck

I said Howe/Poch isn't a punt for spurs as you suggested. Even at that Ole is a far bigger punt than Howe/Poch for either club. Winning something in Norway doesn't make him more qualified.

That's like suggesting the manager who won the African champions league is a better manager just because he won something. To summarise Howe and Poch unlike Ole are where they are on the merit of their resume. They aren't blind punts, they are/were young promising managers with a history of good football in relevant leagues. Both are more qualified for a top 6 job

Greck

I'm not sure what the argument is here, that Ole has better credentials than Poch because he won trophies at Molde?
This basically. I think he's trying to make a case for Ole being a better manager than Poch.

jackal&hyde

Do not want. It's obvious he can not motivate the team to get out of a rot and that is exactly where we've been for 6 years.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do not want. It's obvious he can not motivate the team to get out of a rot and that is exactly where we've been for 6 years.
If you think the problem at Spurs is down to Poch you've been living under rock for quite some time.

dove

If Spurs sack Poch before we sack Ole it would be hilarious.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He isnt going to turn it round. 23 points from their last 21 games.

Spurs will be trashed next weekend at Anfield. Could be 7 or 8 nil. The players are on rhe floor.

Him and Spurs are betting off parting ways. Top 4 will be gone if they dont act fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.