Is Pogba as good as gone?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
But who cares about Juventus, apart from @devilish?
I think there's alot to learn from a club whose been consistently winning leagues in every decade since the 1930s, especially us who are basically a 2 manager's club. They are certainly copying us on the merchandising side of things. That's what top clubs do ie they copy things that work well instead of getting stuck to the nostalgia train. Oh well.

Last edited:

djembatheking

Don't you think this whole situation has been fishy from the start? Way too much gone on for this to be a legit injury and he's had three and bit months to get an operation. Why was he dancing around on it no issues then also? Didn't look like somebody who needed an operation on his ankle. He's playing us for fools for sure.
Not all of us, in fact, most United fans I know can`t wait to see the back of him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The move from Juve to United didn't have any issue. Juventus laughed all the way to the bank
Did they? Juventus are obsessed with the CL. I think this unhealthy obsession is hurting their better judgement especially in later year. Pogba was the best attacking CM in the Serie A. Losing him did hurt that goal. They certainly would laugh their way to the bank if they end up buying him on cheap next summer (or on free next season)

Shimo

Do you want him to lie at home in his bedroom for 3 months and not see any of his friends or have fun in his life?
Don't bother. It's Pogba, the level of indignance and hypocrisy rises to unreal levels when it comes to him. Just enjoy how it's eating away at some.

fergiesarmy1

Don't bother. It's Pogba, the level of indignance and hypocrisy rises to unreal levels when it comes to him. Just enjoy how it's eating away at some.
Your actually ok with him holidaying round the world then calling in sick again?

Member 113277

I don't claim to know anything other than what's in the public domain.

But you don't need to be a genius to work out that Pogba has not delivered much value to us for the last 18 months, in proportion to his wages (the transfer fee is not his problem).

If he went, I wouldn't miss him, TBH, though the potential is there for world class play.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I'd agree that Scholes in his prime was better than Pogba, I'm not sure he was then. Anyway, people are lauding managers who play youth, but think Saf did the right thing by not playing Pogba. I think it's wrong. Fergie made mistakes too. You could see how discontent he was when Pogba was leaving for Juve. Him and the coaches thought he wasn't ready, but he proved at Juve that he was. Otherwise we wouldn't have bought back for a world record fee.
With SAF one thing is sure. You never dictate terms to him. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Raiola threatening for Pogba to leave if he didn't get the game time. Big mistake. SAF already made it clear that Pogba was on the right path and had a future at United. If he didn't want to have the patience then that's down to him.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
With SAF one thing is sure. You never dictate terms to him. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Raiola threatening for Pogba to leave if he didn't get the game time. Big mistake. SAF already made it clear that Pogba was on the right path and had a future at United. If he didn't want to have the patience then that's down to him.
Saf was clearly discontent with Pogba leaving. If he chose to play O'shea, Rafael in midfield instead of him, I don't see the problem with moving. Like I said, Pogba absolutely proved it was best for his career.

Gehrman

Can see you didn’t use the word “professional” - glad he is having fun though.
I'm pretty sure most professional footballers make the most of their life while they are out with injury. Most of them just don't have fans that are obsessed with their private lives.

fergiesarmy1

Ah yes I forgot he chose his price tag, and it is in fact Paul Pogba in charge of Man Utd's squad :lol: :houllier:
Your a strange man, the fact he cost so much is why I hold him up to a higher standard than others and expect results, all we’ve got for that money is a clown.

Eric's Seagull

I don't claim to know anything other than what's in the public domain.

But you don't need to be a genius to work out that Pogba has not delivered much value to us for the last 18 months, in proportion to his wages (the transfer fee is not his problem).

If he went, I wouldn't miss him, TBH, though the potential is there for world class play.
If anyone spends a world record fee for a player they have a right to expect world class performances consistently, which we have not had from him regularly. I think it will be best to sell him in the summer for as much as we can and use that to buy a few players who want to be here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
In theory I agree with that but in hindsight Pogba would have been managed by SAF for only one more year and after that we went from the Moyes calamity to what we have to endure today. No matter what going to Juve was the best option.

Judas

Open to offers
Your a strange man, the fact he cost so much is why I hold him up to a higher standard than others and expect results, all we’ve got for that money is a clown.
You can't have it in for a bloke because of how much a club paid for him, it's not his fault obviously. You can blame him for being crap, but its a totally separate issue to his price tag.

fergiesarmy1

I'm pretty sure most professional footballers make the most of their life while they are out with injury. Most of them just don't have fans that are obsessed with their private lives.
Most of them actually try and get match fit, can you name any other united player in our history who has spent 3 months holidaying when injured apart from that German fella

fergiesarmy1

You can't have it in for a bloke because of how much a club paid for him, it's not his fault obviously. You can blame him for being crap, but its a totally separate issue to his price tag.
No it’s not, if I’ve invested the best part of £100m in something and pay them £15m annually BASIC in any industry I expect it to pay off. If it doesn’t get shut ASAP and recoup what you can.

fergiesarmy1

I'm sure there's plenty, but they don't get the attention Pogba does, because suckers buy into every story about him.
Rooney picked up plenty of injuries but always busted a gut to get back playing, along with nearly every other player I can think of.

Gehrman

Most of them actually try and get match fit, can you name any other united player in our history who has spent 3 months holidaying when injured apart from that German fella
I'm not that clued up to Pogba's private life. Has he been boozing and smoking?

What are your sources for Pogba's private life in the last 3 months?

fergiesarmy1

He went boozing when he was our captain.
Nowt wrong with letting your hair down especially if your performing well which Pogba is certainly not, story here today from that Fergie allowed it when the time was right - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-players-turned-DRUNK-training-New-Year.html

If your seriously ok with an injured player on his salary taking the piss for 3 months then saying his people have told him to get an op during the transfer window after his agent slates the club then your absolutely nuts and could probably use a holiday yourself.

Gehrman

Nowt wrong with letting your hair down especially if your performing well which Pogba is certainly not, story here today from that Fergie allowed it when the time was right - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...s-players-turned-DRUNK-training-New-Year.html

If your seriously ok with an injured player on his salary taking the piss for 3 months then saying his people have told him to get an op during the transfer window after his agent slates the club then your absolutely nuts and could probably use a holiday yourself.
What excatly are all your sources for Pogba's private life? Anyway, I'm not saying that Pogba doesn't want to leave. I just don't buy it that he's faking an injury. It can easily be disproven and be breach of contract.

JPRouve

Scout
At the same age Rooney would have outperformed pogba if he was shitfaced on the pitch.
No, he wouldn't have. Maybe you forgot but at the same age Rooney was already in SAF's bad books and we were already questioning his fitness and the way he didn't take care of his body. By the end of that season SAF was telling to the world that Rooney asked to leave.

fergiesarmy1

What excatly are all your sources for Pogba's private life? Anyway, I'm not saying that Pogba doesn't want to leave. I just don't buy it that he's faking an injury. It can easily be disproven and be breach of contract.
His private life is him posting from various locations round the world, regarding the “injury” its bizarre. Wished he said it was cruciate and he was out for four months four months ago and everyone would have groaned and moved on.

djembatheking

So did Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs and they're all club legends.

Pogba will have the same club status as Alexis Sanchez in 5 years time.
Yep, Sanchez, Di Maria, Lukaku and Pogba. All sober and forgettable. Whereas, Best,Keane and Rooney pissed up Legends.

Gehrman

His private life is him posting from various locations round the world, regarding the “injury” its bizarre. Wished he said it was cruciate and he was out for four months four months ago and everyone would have groaned and moved on.
What if the most important thing for his recovery is time? I doubt that travelling prevents this.

JPRouve

Scout
So did Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs and they're all club legends.

Pogba will have the same club status as Alexis Sanchez in 5 years time.
I like this type of point for two reasons firstly because here you have two genuinely great players who spend a substantial part of their careers together, they also played alongside Irwin, Neville, Yorke, Ince, Ole, Beckham, Cole, Schmeichel or Scholes among others. The reason they have that type of place in our heart is because they were part of great teams, they didn't do it by themselves and where never expected to do it by themselves. And that's without even mentioning the fact that their coach was arguably the best ever.

So everytime someone make that type of comments I'm perplexed because Giggs and Keane were individually more talented than Pogba but more importantly they weren't the only great players in the team. Comparing Pogba's situation to theirs is baffling to me, I don't know if people are overrating or simply trying to have cheap shots at him.

Gehrman

Hasn’t worked has it, each time he was supposed to be back soon.
It's pretty easy for a surgeon and doctor to confirm or disprove whether a player has an injury that requires surgery.

fergiesarmy1

It's pretty easy for a surgeon and doctor to confirm or disprove whether a player has an injury that requires surgery.
Talking about the previous 3 months, what we’re all these surgeons and doctors doing during that time or was he too busy jet setting around the world?

Gehrman

Talking about the previous 3 months, what we’re all these surgeons and doctors doing during that time or was he too busy jet setting around the world?
When you go to a consultation, scan or surgery it's not something where you are comitted to a hospital 24/7 for 3 months. It's not a terminal illness. Rushing back to playing while injured might make things worse longterm and many great players have been ruined by injuries and their clubs not respecting their limit.