Is Pogba as good as gone?

djembatheking

Well he became a super star at Juve and think Pogba was happy that he made the move for the sake of his career. Super stars is nothing unusual at United. But players want to play where they will be happy. Mourinho became toxic as hell and OGS is keeping us bang average for the forseeable future. I would be gone in an instant to Barca or Real Madrid if I was Pogba. This isn't Fergie's united anymore. It's solskjærs and woody's and it doesn't look like we are going to knock Liverpool of their perch.
I doubt Real or Barca would want him.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
As much as I dislike the Glazers/Woodward I still think every player that signs a contract with us should give their utmost while a Manchester United player and not start angling to escape when the going gets tough . If a player thinks he is wasting his prime years here he should still give everything until another club offers him a way out with an offer the club will accept or his contract ends .
I agree that players on contract should give their all while they are here, but I don't buy that he is pretending to be injured and if being vocal about moving is his way out to further is career, I think that's okay. The best players rarely run down their contract to leave on a free. We might get a decent fee for him to buy an adequate replacement.

djembatheking

I agree that players on contract should give their all while they are here, but I don't buy that he is pretending to be injured and if being vocal about moving is his way out to further is career, I think that's okay. The best players rarely run down their contract to leave on a free. We might get a decent fee for him to buy an adequate replacement.
I have no idea about his injury either but if what we have seen from Pogba so far is giving his utmost on a weekly basis then he was nowhere near the fee we paid for him .

fergiesarmy1

I was taking the piss . If Pogba wanted to stay he would tell Raiola to shut the feck up and say he doesn`t want to leave as he is determined to get United back to the top , he is just going through the motions in my book and hoping we will accept an offer . He is the most overrated player at United for years and I will be glad when he has gone . It can`t be good for the other midfielders knowing that no matter how much work they put in they will be dropped for a wantaway player when he says he is fit and ready to play .
Good man, we seem to be in minority not believing this horse shit injury story :lol:

HackeyC

The moment "his people" and not the club medical team are advising on a course of action is when you know he is done.

He has 18 months left, after which he goes on a free. Assuming he is fit by the summer we will be lucky to get £50m. Well played CEO, well played...

Gehrman

Which tells me he rates him but not enough to splash the cash.
Spending 150 millon on a midfielder is way different than spending 150 millon on great striker like say Harry Kane. The best strikers can win you titles, but it's rare that midfielders are just as influential. If they hadn't already spent 300 mil on other players, I think they would be more adament on paying for Pogba.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The fact Raiola is coming out all guns blazing makes me think there clearly is something going on. They want a move and we're blocking it. At this point I just want him gone. He's a disgrace.

Gehrman

I have no idea about his injury either but if what we have seen from Pogba so far is giving his utmost on a weekly basis then he was nowhere near the fee we paid for him .
I agree that Pogba has been inconsistent, but his ability is still some notches above our other midfielders.

roseguy64

The moment "his people" and not the club medical team are advising on a course of action is when you know he is done.

He has 18 months left, after which he goes on a free. Assuming he is fit by the summer we will be lucky to get £50m. Well played CEO, well played...
Indeed well played. We have another year extension option. So it's more than 18 months left.

djembatheking

Spending 150 millon on a midfielder is way different than spending 150 millon on great striker like say Harry Kane. The best strikers can win you titles, but it's rare that midfielders are just as influential. If they hadn't already spent 300 mil on other players, I think they would be more adament on paying for Pogba.
So they don`t need him then, like I said, I can`t see Real or Barca making a decent offer as they don`t value him that much.

Gehrman

The fact Raiola is coming out all guns blazing makes me think there clearly is something going on. They want a move and we're blocking it. At this point I just want him gone. He's a disgrace.
Is he really a disgrace because he does not want to compete for the yearly top 6 trophy? He won titles with Juve and the world cup with France. In the meantime we are heading nowhere with a very mediocre manager and owners who are not willing to invest what's neccesary to become the best.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is he really a disgrace because he does not want to compete for the yearly top 6 trophy? He won titles with Juve and the world cup with France. In the meantime we are heading nowhere with a very mediocre manager and owners who are not willing to invest what's neccesary to become the best.
Doesn't excuse his attitude. You roll your sleeves up and fight on. Stop giving him excuses. Yes we are in a shambles but that says more about him than it does us. He's a fake. An absolute fraud.

He's been a disastrous signing. More bothered about Brand Pogba than United from day one.

El Zoido

He’ll leave, but we won’t get anywhere near £150m for him, or whatever the value is people expect. We’ll let him go for about the price we paid for him, because at this point it’s in our best interests to get him gone and use the money on a replacement, rather than play hardball over his price.

fergiesarmy1

The way they seemed to have played this makes me think it’s already agreed in principal, if they didn’t have a confirmed buyer already lined who was aware of how this saga was going to play out would run a mile from Pogba (IMHO)

el3mel

Why the feck is his agent attacking us non stop these days anyway ? Either he tells him to shut up or it's just a big plan from both of them to force his way out.

djembatheking

I agree that Pogba has been inconsistent, but his ability is still some notches above our other midfielders.
Ability wise I don`t dispute, but what does playing a guy with higher ability that wants to leave above McT or Fred who have given everything they have got these last few months do to squad balance /harmony. Whether he stays or goes means nothing to me anymore as I just don`t see him ever being fully committed and it isn`t my money that pays him. Two decent midfielders this window would change everything as the need for him playing would be less of an issue but I really doubt it will happen .

Gehrman

Doesn't excuse his attitude. You roll your sleeves up and fight on. Stop giving him excuses. Yes we are in a shambles but that says more about him than it does us. He's a fake. An absolute fraud.

He's been a disastrous signing. More bothered about Brand Pogba than United from day one.
What attitude? That he wants to play for teams competing the biggest honours? Scholes, Giggs and Beckham would have fecked off to La liga and Seria A instantly if they were stuck in the top 6 race. But they happened to play for the best manager of all time, so they had no need to pine for destinations.

RedNed77

No chance he is worth what Man United paid for him. Since the big signings he has been inconsistent and is clearly unhappy in a club that has gone backwards. His value has gone down because its clear he wants to leave and he has an agent willing to cause problems to make it happen. Overall this has been a bad transfer and the sooner the parties goes separate ways the better for everyone.
In a world where Nicolas Pepe is worth £80m I still think he’s worth around £80-£90m, but I do agree that he’s at best stagnated, at worst he’s not as good as the player we signed. I’d happily take our money back but don’t necessarily disagree with you when you said you’d take less. Just not much less. If we’re going to take sub £70m for him, I’d leave him to rot just to be a dick to him and Raiola. You never know that if he’s faced with that scenario he may actually accept the situation and put some effort in for the last 2 years of his contract. That in itself would be worth more than taking less than £70m for him.

Its dreamland for some on here who think we’re getting north of £100m for him though.

Amerifan

Don't understand the fuss about Pogba.
An injured player is an injured player, I really can't understand people blaming him for the state of the team, and the club in general. It just shows the levels of "Arsenalism" we've been brought down as supporters.

What's a bit mind boggling is that nobody noticed he needs surgery for the last 2 months. That should be on our medical staff.
Certain people get off on being outraged and Pogba is a convenient scapegoat. I too wonder how they missed the need for a second operation, out of curiosity rather than looking for someone to blame.

el3mel

Here's another one.

I'm sick of seeing the club being slaughtered by his agent while the player himself is enjoying his salary and time. Again either he tells him to shut the feck up and respect the club he's playing for or it's a big plan from both.

Honestly, hope for God sake we don't get any Raiola player ever again.

redshaw

So Raiola's and Pogba's big problem is still Sir Alex? The fat twat is a pathetic douchebag.
Where does he expect him to be? I don't get it?

He retired to spend the final years of his life with his family and also was busy having brain surgery.

What are these grotesque people wanting? Him to be still controlling the club in his dying days and telling managers what to do?

Amerifan

Here's another one.

I'm sick of seeing the club being slaughtered by his agent while the player himself is enjoying his salary and time. Again either he tells him to shut the feck up and respect the club he's playing for or it's a big plan from both.

Agree. He’s milked millions off us yet never a kind word. He incites unrest in his players to get himself transfer fees. Avoid.

Gehrman

Here's another one.

What does he mean when he says that Alex ferguson has gone straight against him? What has Fergie got to do with this?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agree. He’s milked millions off us yet never a kind word. He incites unrest in his players to get himself transfer fees. Avoid.
He only says good things about Juventus.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What attitude? That he wants to play for teams competing the biggest honours? Scholes, Giggs and Beckham would have fecked off to La liga and Seria A instantly if they were stuck in the top 6 race. But they happened to play for the best manager of all time, so they had no need to pine for destinations.
Feck me.....Pogba fanboy alert. If you think he's been a good signing even from season one, you're nuts. He's a joke. Loads of talent but lacks so much else. Cares more about his instagram, his haircuts and brand Pogba than he does about the club. Can't believe people still fall for it.

He should be showing it on the pitch how much he wants to play for other clubs. He rarely ever does.

DoomSlayer

He only says good things about Juventus.
I have a conspiracy theory that Raiola is connected to the Neapolitan mafia. No wonder his ties in Italy are the strongest and the relationships seem much smoother.

His real name is Carmine Raiola, for fecks sake.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
In a world where Nicolas Pepe is worth £80m I still think he’s worth around £80-£90m, but I do agree that he’s at best stagnated, at worst he’s not as good as the player we signed. I’d happily take our money back but don’t necessarily disagree with you when you said you’d take less. Just not much less. If we’re going to take sub £70m for him, I’d leave him to rot just to be a dick to him and Raiola. You never know that if he’s faced with that scenario he may actually accept the situation and put some effort in for the last 2 years of his contract. That in itself would be worth more than taking less than £70m for him.

Its dreamland for some on here who think we’re getting north of £100m for him though.
You are worth what someone is willing pay for you. You cant say if player A cost this then player B should cost that. Pogbas situation is unique. Pogbas talent is clear....he is orld class player. But the question every club face when a star player is determined to leave. If he isnt motivated and may even become a problem, is it worth keeping. Another thing is there is no world cup coming and his place for the Euros is sealed. So its not like you can use his international place against him. Either something has to give soon. Can you imagine this saga another 18 months.

0le

Here's another one.

If there are still any doubts (which is incredible really...) about the motives of Raiola than this tweet sums it up. He is absolutely a dickhead.

djembatheking

I beg to differ, the best manager of all time chose to keep the three aforementioned legends for many years but allowed Pogba to leave and I genuinely believe SAF rated him ability wise and saw the warning signs with his attitude. If Pogba had knuckled down as a young player, listened to SAF and given his all to improve and got rid of Raiola do you honestly think SAF would have let him go so easily?

JPRouve

Scout
I have a conspiracy theory that Raiola is connected to the Neapolitan mafia. No wonder his ties in Italy are the strongest and the relationships seem much smoother.
Please stop your theories. And he is Dutch-Italian, his ties are strong in these two countries because he is from there. Also his relationships aren't smooth at all in Italy, he hates the the italian FA and they hate him too, he is always lambasting them for something.

Gehrman

Feck me.....Pogba fanboy alert. If you think he's been a good signing even from season one, you're nuts. He's a joke. Loads of talent but lacks so much else. Cares more about his instagram, his haircuts and brand Pogba than he does about the club. Can't believe people still fall for it.

He should be showing it on the pitch how much he wants to play for other clubs. He rarely ever does.
I agree, he's not been as good for us as he was for Juve or France, but he's still easily one of our best if not our best outfield player. Tbh I don't think players who want to leave Man Utd are disgracefull. It would like saying it was disgracefull for RVP to join us from Arsenal. Or Carrick and Berba from Spurs. Or Bale from Spurs to Real Madrid.

Anyway, people want him gone and then attack him when he wants to leave.

JPRouve

Scout
I agree, he's not been as good for us as he was for Juve or France, but he's still easily one of our best if not our best outfield player. Tbh I don't think players who want to leave Man Utd are disgracefull. It would like saying it was disgracefull for RVP to join us from Arsenal. Or Carrick and Berba from Spurs. Or Bale from Spurs to Real Madrid.

He is the same player for France than he is for United.

Gehrman

I beg to differ, the best manager of all time chose to keep the three aforementioned legends for many years but allowed Pogba to leave and I genuinely believe SAF rated him ability wise and saw the warning signs with his attitude. If Pogba had knuckled down as a young player, listened to SAF and given his all to improve and got rid of Raiola do you honestly think SAF would have let him go so easily?
SAF was playing it safely, mainly relying on the old guard. He wanted to be 100% certain to win that season and didn't want to take risks and build for future by playing academy products. Saf didn't let Pogba go. Pogba chose to leave because he wanted first team football and he got it at Juve and became a instant hit.

It was mistake from Fergie like when he sold Japp Stam. It happens.

DoomSlayer

Please stop your theories. And he is Dutch-Italian, his ties are strong in these two countries because he is from there. Also his relationships aren't smooth at all in Italy, he hates the the italian FA and they hate him too, he is always lambasting them for something.
Why should I stop? It's just a theory to amuse myself, he was born there and his deals are always shady in my eyes.

His work started in Italy with players like Rijkard, Bergkamp and most notably Nedved and Ibrahimovic. He may hate the Italian FA, but his best work has been done based in there, with numerous high profile transfer in and out of Italy.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Incorrect. I would have every sympathy for him wanting to leave if he only gave his all for the club whilst he waits for his move. Bit like Coutinho did for Liverpool.

Pogba doesn't give a rats about us though. All this injury malarky is false. He looked fine on the dancefloor and on the basketball court. Didn't look remotely struggling when he played those 45 mins either the other day. Didn't see him holding his ankle once or look in pain.

Jose was right. He's a massive virus and the sooner he goes the better.

Gehrman

Incorrect. I would have every sympathy for him wanting to leave if he only gave his all for the club whilst he waits for his move. Bit like Coutinho did for Liverpool.

Pogba doesn't give a rats about us though. All this injury malarky is false. He looked fine on the dancefloor and on the basketball court. Didn't look remotely struggling when he played those 45 mins either the other day. Didn't see him holding his ankle once or look in pain.

Jose was right. He's a massive virus and the sooner he goes the better.
Do you honestly think he's faking an injury?

JPRouve

Scout
His stats for France in WC were very impressive.
Because he has better teammates since 2016 but even then he is inconsistent, generally he plays well when the team as a whole plays well.