Is Pogba as good as gone?

Judas

Open to offers
I want to support Ole but it’s not easy at times, last night was a big let down. Having said that it wouldn’t surprise me if we go and win at Wolves. Can’t help wondering how we would have done if Ryan Giggs had followed Sir Alex permanently, we’ll never know.
It would have been like right now but worse. I dread to think what would have happened.

DoomSlayer

Settle down here, there is nothing despicable in deciding to leave a club. And SAF issue is that he thinks that Pogba made his made up early and if it was the case would have liked to know about it sooner.
Are you calling Sir Alex a liar? He said it out loud, the quotes are there, Pogba was a young disrespectful player in his eyes and he was ultimately right in that assessment.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are you calling Sir Alex a liar? He said it out loud, the quotes are there, Pogba was a young disrespectful player in his eyes and he was ultimately right in that assessment.
He said that he believes that Pogba's mind was made a long time ago, he has no proof of that, it's a feeling. And even if his feeling was correct, there is nothing despicable about it, yes he would have preferred to see the player tell him that there was no point discussing but that's about it.

DoomSlayer

He said that he believes that Pogba's mind was made a long time ago, he has no proof of that, it's a feeling. And even if his feeling was correct, there is nothing despicable about it, yes he would have preferred to see the player tell him that there was no point discussing but that's about it.
I think you are just trying to twist the words of Sir Alex. He said it straight forward, Pogba was disrespectful to him and the club at the time and Sir Alex was glad to see the last of this player.

If only we had a proper CEO and not Woodward, who would have known that back then and wouldn't have embarrassed the club by breaking the world transfer record on somebody that rejected us already and disrespected Sir Alex Ferguson himself.

youmeletsfly

Don't understand the fuss about Pogba.
An injured player is an injured player, I really can't understand people blaming him for the state of the team, and the club in general. It just shows the levels of "Arsenalism" we've been brought down as supporters.

What's a bit mind boggling is that nobody noticed he needs surgery for the last 2 months. That should be on our medical staff.

JPRouve

Scout
Right so you have access to the players medical file do you. Apologies carry on
I don't which is the point that I made, I used the example of an arthroscopy. Unless you know what type of procedure he is supposed to have you can't tell whether it's going to take a handful of weeks or an handful of months.

GenZRed

I used to think that Sir Alex Ferguson losing Pogba all them years ago was a serious error in judgement. Now I think it was a great decision and taking him back after what happened was a mistake. Although I admit I was happy to see Pogba back, hoping that he would be professional enough to do his job.

Stadjer

Don't you have better teams to follow, ones that have superstar players like Neymar?
Do you really want me to start with petty insults about 'not being a good proper supporter' or 'asking for directions to bluemoon' or implying a lack of intelligence?

I could ask you why you are supporting Manchester United. You seem to dislike so called superstar players so why dont you support Burnley for example? No ability on the ball, they run a lot and kick the shit out of the opponent. They dont have superstars so that must be wonderful to watch and support?

You have earned yourself a topred badge but to win you need those so called superstar players with special abilities you seem to dislike so much. You wont win anything with McT as your midfielder. Even Fergie, who is not capable of mistakes according to you, loved superstars. He knew that you need them to win.

This whole topic is supposed to be about Pogba and you are trying and starting arguments/drama about being a proper supporter, respecting Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson by typing out his full name and title and also calling people out because in your world they are calling Saf a liar.

I would like to think that you arent usually this unpleasant as a person and that this whole Pogba situation just has a bad effect on you. Maybe you should take a break from the anti-Pogba movement for a while and try to look at the situation without any of this anger and hatred you seem to have towards Pogba? All because you think he disrespects the club...

JPRouve

Scout
Do you really want me to start with petty insults about 'not being a good proper supporter' or 'asking for directions to bluemoon' or implying a lack of intelligence?

I could ask you why you are supporting Manchester United. You seem to dislike so called superstar players so why dont you support Burnley for example? No ability on the ball, they run a lot and kick the shit out of the opponent. They dont have superstars so that must be wonderful to watch and support?

You have earned yourself a topred badge but to win you need those so called superstar players with special abilities you seem to dislike so much. You wont win anything with McT as your midfielder. Even Fergie, who is not capable of mistakes according to you, loved superstars. He knew that you need them to win.

This whole topic is supposed to be about Pogba and you are trying and starting arguments/drama about being a proper supporter, respecting Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson by typing out his full name and title and also calling people out because in your world they are calling Saf a liar.

I would like to think that you arent usually this unpleasant as a person and that this whole Pogba situation just has a bad effect on you. Maybe you should take a break from the anti-Pogba movement for a while and try to look at the situation without any of this anger and hatred you seem to have towards Pogba? All because you think he disrespects the club...
I think that @DoomSlayer is just a bit frustrated by the situation and blowing off some steam. The funny thing for me is that I'm probably one of the rare posters that didn't want Pogba back for football reasons and would gladly see him leave for a good chunk of money because I don't rate him as much as some do/did. He is a very good player but he isn't worth the +120m that we could potentially get and the team needs to be retooled. My issue is that people are barking at the wrong tree and fueling their own anger.

ZenMaster Coltrane

Sure Pogba was offered a contract but he disrespected Sir Alex. That's despicable and people should not excuse it when Pogba continues to disrespect the club.
Stop bowing to the past ffs. What SAF thought of Raiola is what? Chapter 1 or 2 in the Agenda Against Paul Pogba. Holy f***. This referencing SAF or players that played under him in order to make a point in 2020 is just as absurd as Liverpool fans going around using Shankly and players from the 70s and 80s to attempt to win an argument.

It's modern football...and that means dealing with commission-seeking super agents. If you're too inept to deal with big egos as a club then just confine yourselves to a mid table mentality. The only thing Pogba can be accused of is having more ambition than the Glazers and Ed Woodward. The squad quality has been dire, specifically the midfield. A DOF would have brought in complementary players that maximize the strengths of your best players. It doesn't matter if Usain Bolt is anchoring the Swedish relay team, they're not winning let alone qualifying for the finals.

As far as I'm concerned he can disrespect the club structure as much as he likes. It's a joke.

SATA

The real issue is no one not even PSG will pay the money we are asking for. Therefore he is definitely here to stay at least for another year into 20/21 and his fat agent can’t do anything about it. The good thing though is I believe Pogba has genuine respect for the club so he won’t go on strike or try something like that to force a move

djembatheking

It doesn`t look like he will be leaving in January with his new injury so hopefully when he is fit we can give him enough game time to get up to speed for France for the Euros . He can then return next season to bust a gut for us to try lead us back to the promised land .

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
United Fans: We want a new challenge.
Pogba: I want a new challenge.
United Fans: How dare you!

fergiesarmy1

It doesn`t look like he will be leaving in January with his new injury so hopefully when he is fit we can give him enough game time to get up to speed for France for the Euros . He can then return next season to bust a gut for us to try lead us back to the promised land .
Yeah getting Pogba ready for the euros should be a priority for us - is this Pogba FC now or Manchester United FC?

RedNed77

Said it in the summer and I’ll say it again. Pogba is worth roughly what we paid for him based on the performances he has put in since he’s been here, rather than some blue sky thinking about the kind of player he may end up as.

If we can get our money back and get rid I’d take it. The fact that there are nearly 60 pages here discussing whether he wants out says everything about the drama/circus he brings.

lex talionis

I've misread his post.
Talking about semi finals when we're at the 32 stage did it!
Sorry about that. I’m assuming we can manage our way through to the EL SF without Pogba. But once we get there, whoever the opponent is we’re going to need the mercurial Frenchman’s help you lift the cup.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Said it in the summer and I’ll say it again. Pogba is worth roughly what we paid for him based on the performances he has put in since he’s been here, rather than some blue sky thinking about the kind of player he may end up as.

If we can get our money back and get rid I’d take it. The fact that there are nearly 60 pages here discussing whether he wants out says everything about the drama/circus he brings.
No chance he is worth what Man United paid for him. Since the big signings he has been inconsistent and is clearly unhappy in a club that has gone backwards. His value has gone down because its clear he wants to leave and he has an agent willing to cause problems to make it happen. Overall this has been a bad transfer and the sooner the parties goes separate ways the better for everyone.

DoomSlayer

Fair enough, your elaboration on your initial comments makes more sense now but you started off with a very weird remark about Sir Alex and the club, for whatever reason.

I have no hatred towards Pogba, that's too deep of an emotion to have for someone I don't even know personally. I am angry at the situation though, highly frustrated with how our season is going and I do actively despise Raiola, along with all the bullshit that he brings with his act. I just cannot believe everything that is happening this season is a mere coincidence, Pogba saying he wants a new challenge, Raiola confirming the club knows what his intentions are in the summer. Pogba then goes and misses almost the whole season so far, comes back finally, plays some minutes, the club has a disagreement with Raiola over the Haaland transfer and information about the negotiations are leaked in the public, Raiola gets angry and starts giving interviews about how shite our club is basically and suddenly Pogba can't play again, needs a surgery for the same injury and God knows when we can see him again in the team, when we are in a desperate state and need our best midfielder ASAP if we are to salvage anything from this season.

I'm not blaming him for our current state, I always said the responsibility lies solely on Woodward and the board, they have destroyed the club and no player or manager deserves the abuse when these twats upstairs are getting away with murder. But when it comes to respecting the institution that is Manchester United, I do get more precious than usual and it annoys the hell out of me if someone disrespects our history and tradition. That's why I support Ole no matter what, unlike Mourinho - even if the former is an inept and not good enough manager, at least he condones himself like a proper United member should, unlike the latter, who made sure everyone knew how superior his ways are and how his own history is more important than the one of our club. And that's why I am frustrated with Pogba, I want him to stay because he can be a brilliant player and Ole has stated on multiple occasions that he wants to build the team around him, but if he acts in a way that disrespects the club, then yeah, feck him.

Like I said, the blame should be laid at the hands of the board, matchgoing fans need to do something about this but players should at least stay respectful and honour their contracts, we pay them obscene amounts of money to play for the badge and as a professional, it's the least a player can do, because the true greats of the game go the extra mile to improve their situation in every way possible before saying they want a new challenge. It's not like we forced Pogba to come back and sign a 6 year deal, he and his agent have made a ton of money out of the club in more ways than just wages and commissions.

djembatheking

Yeah getting Pogba ready for the euros should be a priority for us - is this Pogba FC now or Manchester United FC?
I was taking the piss . If Pogba wanted to stay he would tell Raiola to shut the feck up and say he doesn`t want to leave as he is determined to get United back to the top , he is just going through the motions in my book and hoping we will accept an offer . He is the most overrated player at United for years and I will be glad when he has gone . It can`t be good for the other midfielders knowing that no matter how much work they put in they will be dropped for a wantaway player when he says he is fit and ready to play .

Kappa123

He's a nothing player and he needs to go ASAP so he can stop disrupting our club's progress.

A so-called world class player is worth feck all if he doesn't want to play here. Get rid.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The real issue is no one not even PSG will pay the money we are asking for.
That's because he isn't worth the money. We were robbed!

The good thing though is I believe Pogba has genuine respect for the club
What gives you this belief?

so he won’t go on strike or try something like that to force a move
No, he just allows his agent to run his mouth off in massively disrespectful ways.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's Sir Alex to you, not "Fergie" and he was definitely right on Pogba and Raiola.
We played defenders in midfield and brought Scholes out of retirement instead of playing on the most talented youngsters in the world from the Academy, who walked in the midfield at Juve and proved how good he is. Is that really the right thing?

djembatheking

We played defenders in midfield and brought Scholes out of retirement instead of playing on the most talented youngsters in the world from the Academy, who walked in the midfield at Juve and proved how good he is. Is that really the right thing?
When Scholes came out of retirement he was still much better than Pogba .

Gehrman

When Scholes came out of retirement he was still much better than Pogba .
I'd agree that Scholes in his prime was better than Pogba, I'm not sure he was then. Anyway, people are lauding managers who play youth, but think Saf did the right thing by not playing Pogba. I think it's wrong. Fergie made mistakes too. You could see how discontent he was when Pogba was leaving for Juve. Him and the coaches thought he wasn't ready, but he proved at Juve that he was. Otherwise we wouldn't have bought back for a world record fee.

romufc

United Fans: We want a new challenge.
Pogba: I want a new challenge.
United Fans: How dare you!
You go for a new challenge after you have completed one, not because you can't be asked.

Pogba doesn't want a challenge, he wants an easier life. Manutd is too big of a challenge for him.

A fully fit, motivated Pogba given the correct indication by the board trying to get us to win the PL title is a challenge.

Going to Madrid in a two horse race is hardly a big challenge in comparison.

Gehrman

You go for a new challenge after you have completed one, not because you can't be asked.

Pogba doesn't want a challenge, he wants an easier life. Manutd is too big of a challenge for him.

A fully fit, motivated Pogba given the correct indication by the board trying to get us to win the PL title is a challenge.

Going to Madrid in a two horse race is hardly a big challenge in comparison.
Honestly how many great players buy into our project atm? Players have short careers. The best players are not buying into our current OGS and Glazer project. Top 4 is not a trophy and we've hardly been making that.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I will be absolutely flabbergasted if he is still here in September 2020.

I don't blame him, as much as a cnut his agent is he is still right, we are a toxic club from top to bottom and we'd ruin prime Pele right now.

djembatheking

I'd agree that Scholes in his prime was better than Pogba, I'm not sure he was then. Anyway, people are lauding managers who play youth, but think Saf did the right thing by not playing Pogba. I think it's wrong. Fergie made mistakes too. You could see how discontent he was when Pogba was leaving for Juve. Him and the coaches thought he wasn't ready, but he proved at Juve that he was. Otherwise we wouldn't have bought back for a world record fee.
You may be right but I am sure SAF was trying to shape Pogba and held him back for the right reasons , maybe to teach him to be humble, fight hard for his place and show the desire you need to play for SAFs United . He would have seen the potential and known his ability but probably wanted to keep him grounded and not think he was already a superstar . We will never know I suppose .
One thing is for sure, SAF would never have allowed the nonsense we have going on now with Pogba as he wouldn`t let anything disrupt his squad. No one was bigger than the club .

romufc

Honestly how many great players buy into our project atm? Players have short careers. The best players are not buying into our current OGS and Glazer project. Top 4 is not a trophy and we've hardly been making that.
This is the problem, as soon as the fans start accepting top 4 as the project we are finished as a football club at the top. How much longer do you think the fans will support Ole? If we do not make top 4 us as fans have to be putting pressure for his sacking. 18 months is more than enough to get top 4 with the United finances.

Rodgers is competing for the title in 12 months.

But to buy into the project, you need to see action, that means the infrastructure to succeed. I believe with the correct recruitment, we can show that this is a viable project.

Bestietom

I wish this saga was done and dusted.Sell him this window and bring in an Attacking Midfielder and a defensive midfielder. .

Gehrman

You may be right but I am sure SAF was trying to shape Pogba and held him back for the right reasons , maybe to teach him to be humble, fight hard for his place and show the desire you need to play for SAFs United . He would have seen the potential and known his ability but probably wanted to keep him grounded and not think he was already a superstar . We will never know I suppose .
One thing is for sure, SAF would never have allowed the nonsense we have going on now with Pogba as he wouldn`t let anything disrupt his squad. No one was bigger than the club .
Well he became a super star at Juve and think Pogba was happy that he made the move for the sake of his career. Super stars is nothing unusual at United. But players want to play where they will be happy. Mourinho became toxic as hell and OGS is keeping us bang average for the forseeable future. I would be gone in an instant to Barca or Real Madrid if I was Pogba. This isn't Fergie's united anymore. It's solskjærs and woody's and it doesn't look like we are going to knock Liverpool of their perch.

redshaw

He might as well be good as gone now.

United will pay him 15 million in wages this season or whatever it is to get prepped for the Euros.

djembatheking

As much as I dislike the Glazers/Woodward I still think every player that signs a contract with us should give their utmost while a Manchester United player and not start angling to escape when the going gets tough . If a player thinks he is wasting his prime years here he should still give everything until another club offers him a way out with an offer the club will accept or his contract ends .

DoomSlayer

So Raiola's and Pogba's big problem is still Sir Alex? The fat twat is a pathetic douchebag.