Is Pogba as good as gone?

Classical Mechanic

Tolisso if he can come back to a good level is the main threat I'd say, hell Deschamps will even play Sissoko if need be :lol:
So his place won't be under threat at all really. He'll just need match fitness for the comp.

That said, there's no way Pogba is going to have surgery if he isn't really injured. Surely the club will be privy to the details of the op.

Grizzly B

I can actually understand why Pogba wants to leave, when he signed for us it wasn’t a 3-5 year rebuild. When he signed we had just appointed one of the most decorated managers of the last 15 years, and bought in what were at the time seen as 3 very good players. The idea was to challenge within a season or two, and we haven’t.

Cant make excuses if he is faking injury (which I personally don’t think he is), but I do sympathise with his position. He is good enough to win trophies now, not in 3-5 years.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
From a medically curious point of view - has there been any information on what the injury/diagnosis actually is? I'm trying to wrap my head around this. He was in a cast for a while so it didn't quite make sense for it to be a ligament injury.

He was allowed to weight bear through a recovery boot for a while so didn't strike me as a significant bone break (or mechanism of injury for the bone break).

The only thing that I'm left with here is some form of a stress fracture.

Now with a stress fracture, a bone doesn't care if you're an athlete or not. They need 6-8 weeks. To stop reoccurrence and avoiding surgery you'll go with 8 weeks before proper training.

He missed his first game because of his ankle on September 14th. Came back prematurely against Arsenal on September 30th. Daft mistake. After that, he went into a cast from October 6th and then played his next football game on December 22nd. This assumes he got back to training ~ December 15th.

That means there were 11 weeks between the time of casting to return to play. That is usually more than enough time to heal a simple stress fracture. So it's a bit mind-boggling how they would have gotten the severity/diagnosis wrong the first time around or didn't alter course in the follow up constant scans during his time off.

This could explain what Raiola was on about when he was talking about us ruining him. Just a bizarre string of decisions by the medical team around him.

Sad thing with stress fractures (especially with a serious one like Pogba's) is that injury reoccurrence sets you down a horrible path of chronic problems because the bone never really gets a chance to fuse cleanly.

I hope we can sell him ASAP.
In the french press they talked about a stress fracture in October and it seemed to be the same kind of issue that Neymar had but no one has been very open about it.

Member 101269

There is a circus; one appears as the ring master and one appears to be the clown. time for a coup

dirkey

He's clearly our best outfield player, but I think it's also pretty clear that he's checked out. Hope he is sold in the January window, though it's unlikely to happen then. Have had enough of the circus surrounding him, and think we're better off avoiding all clients of Raiola in the future.

I can't wait to see the back of him, to be honest. Bending over for him sets a dangerously bad precedent.

sugar_kane

I really don’t understand the mentality of anyone wanting to keep him at the club anymore.

It would be different had he shown a consistently high level at any point in his three and a half years here but he simply hasn’t and therefore he is no great material loss.

I’d go as far to argue that getting rid of the Pogba and Raiola circus would be a net gain.

I’m annoyed at Ole for not taking a firmer hand on the situation and can only suppose it’s a negotiation tactic around the transfer fee.

red4ever 79

Doesnt look too much wrong with his ankle there. 1.08. no cast or support, seems to be putting weight on both feet with ease. Video was on 30th Sept

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I think he's been far more professional than, say, Lukaku was, or Rooney was in the past.
Assume you're talking about his contract situation. But, he is really not the best example when we talk specifically about handling the ankle injury. Or any injury for that matter.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...t-blood-vessel-in-ankle-idUKTRE63702V20100408

He was also heavily targeted by Bayern players for those 50 minutes he lasted on the pitch. And for all his alleged unprofessionalism his body was also pushed through the limits both for United and especially for England as he had serious injuries before 2 WC rushed back into it both times. He didn't have to do any of that and could have easily taken "Saha" route most times.

leet

I'd let him rot in the stands until his contract is up, then he and Raiola (also, NEVER ever buy "his" player again, even if it's the next Ronaldo) can go feck themselves together. This is more than "injury" tbh. His agent and brothers have been on shitting on us in the press for a while now.

Irrational.

"out for 3-4 weeks" and "needs an operation" in the same sentence reeks of bullshit. If he needed an operation that would read 2-3 months. Conveniently 3-4 weeks also takes us up to the end of the January transfer window. Interesting.

Utdstar01

He should leave. Who can blame him? Club is in turmoil and filled with idiots from top to bottom.

Eddy_JukeZ

I suppose my fear is when he leaves in the summer that we'll fail miserably in replacing him, I don't believe in this clubs recruitment policy at all.
This is my fear.

I wouldn't care about us selling him if I knew we'd use the money wisely.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So his place won't be under threat at all really. He'll just need match fitness for the comp.

That said, there's no way Pogba is going to have surgery if he isn't really injured. Surely the club will be privy to the details of the op.
That's all I have in mind, doesn't mean that it's the only competition out there. Pogba has the edge of course but you gotta still be fit to play a tough tournament like that

JoaquinJoaquin

I can actually understand why Pogba wants to leave, when he signed for us it wasn’t a 3-5 year rebuild. When he signed we had just appointed one of the most decorated managers of the last 15 years, and bought in what were at the time seen as 3 very good players. The idea was to challenge within a season or two, and we haven’t.

Cant make excuses if he is faking injury (which I personally don’t think he is), but I do sympathise with his position. He is good enough to win trophies now, not in 3-5 years.
I agree in the sense we have let him down in terms of the direction of the club, and I don't blame him for wanting to leave. We need to just move on at this point though as we have a guy on the books who doesn't want to be here, is on high wages, causes a media circus and never actually plays.

Stadjer

Doesnt look too much wrong with his ankle there. 1.08. no cast or support, seems to be putting weight on both feet with ease. Video was on 30th Sept
Because walking near the side line is the same as playing a Premier League match? It is possible to be able to walk or even run/jog but not be fit enough to play a high intensity football game where the opponent will also kick you against your ankle.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
"out for 3-4 weeks" and "needs an operation" in the same sentence reeks of bullshit. If he needed an operation that would read 2-3 months. Conveniently 3-4 weeks also takes us up to the end of the January transfer window. Interesting.
Not necessarily, I don't really know why people make that type of statements. If you take the NFL has an example, this season Linval Joseph had surgery in early November and was back in early December.

Utdstar01

He’s causing a lot of issues? Agree Ed is a clown - I got a ban for my views on him. Still behind Ole though, sorry if that upsets you :lol:
Not slating you for being behind him. He'll always be a legend at the club but he's massively out of his depth as a manager. Luckily for him, the owners doesn't give a feck anymore and have no ambition as long as the money keeps coming in.

Bestietom

The best way to stop all this saga is to let him go now. If he wants out, do the best deal with whoever wants him, but we need some top midfield players right now.

fergiesarmy1

The best way to stop all this saga is to let him go now. If he wants out, do the best deal with whoever wants him, but we need some top midfield players right now.
I think this latest development guarantees at least one will be coming in, would imagine meetings are happening now as it’s clear Pogba cannot be relied on for the rest of the season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I actually think we should hold him until the summer now, not pick him when he is back 'fit' and make him miss the Euros. No way France can take a player who hasn't played a full game for 8/9 months. See how he and his twat of agent like that.

SATA

Or maybe we need new medical doctors at the club? Not making excuses for the player but the entire diagnosis of him from the start was completely wrong if he has to undergo a surgery after already three months out.

fps

He is by far the best player we have, how should he be replaced in the benefit of the team? If anything there’s other 10 players that should be replaced first.
He is, however for the wages and price point there are other players who would work better for the club and the style it wants to implement. Obviously he’s not a priority to clear out but you could get a real difference maker for that kind of money.

EireRed_GS

Didnt buy it last time and im certainly not buying it now.

Cash in asap. But im not too sure the previous suitors are now willing to splash out so easily on him. He's not drawing in the buyers with all this injury nonsense.

Its taking the piss outta the club now, but i think hes just a puppet on the strings of that gangster Riaola. I really hope he has no more dealings with our club. they should take a stand with that crook. It wont be long before he falls out with other clubs too unwilling to bow to his crazy demands

Litch

So the clubs says he needs an operation and people say it's bullshit? Why would the club lie?

davidmichael

It’s clear Pogba wants out and is getting his cnut agent to do the public talking whilst Pogba does all he can to avoid playing, he’s played 6-7 games this season and the last 2 have been brief cameos from the bench.

If Pogba needed surgery then he should have had it immediately and he’s looked perfectly fine in the 2 appearances from the bench, I think his cnut agent is trying to engineer a move this transfer window and Pogba doesn’t want to get potentially injured.

3KDré

I support and care deeply for Manchester United. I couldn't give two hoots for him personally and won't waste any energy in trying to empathise for his 'plight'.

And what is exactly is his 'plight'? From what I can see, he is being paid disgustingly outrageous amounts of money for doing literally nothing except bad mouth and disrespect the club I care so deeply about. (he is perpetually either crap or injured or sick)

My club owes this mercenary and fraud nothing at all. If I had my way, I'd put him into the reserve team til his contract ends in 2.5 years time.
So disrespectful. How dare he be injured?

He's paid outrageous sums of money to be the best player in the team, which he was by almost every metric last season.

buckooo1978

I'd let him rot in the stands until his contract is up, then he and Raiola (also, NEVER ever buy "his" player again, even if it's the next Ronaldo) can go feck themselves together. This is more than "injury" tbh. His agent and brothers have been on shitting on us in the press for a while now.
100m hit is a big one

would be incredible self-harm to prove a point

Member 101269

So disrespectful. How dare he be injured?

He's paid outrageous sums of money to be the best player in the team, which he was by almost every metric last season.
There is no direct quote from the club that confirms what Stones has said.

Stadjer

So the clubs says he needs an operation and people say it's bullshit? Why would the club lie?
Im certain the "Pogba-out brigade" could come up something ridiculous as to why it is actually Pogba his fault and that Pogba is a "cnut" and needs to be sold today

red4ever 79

Looks likely he has played his last match for us then if he will have an ankle op now which will rule him out minimum of 2/3 months

Zaboot

Probably needed sugery months ago. Club or ole decided he could be back quicker without sugery, rushed him back and had a relapse. Now pogbas people have stepped in and says he needs sugery.

Denis' cuff

He should leave. Who can blame him? Club is in turmoil and filled with idiots from top to bottom.
Yep, people like you at the bottom. Need more supporters like you pal:rolleyes:

Fergie called it right years ago when he called this cnut a shitbag and told him to take Pogba with him.

Every move he has made, from Le Havre to Utd to Juve to Utd and whoever is stupid enough to take him on next, has been antagonistic and shrouded with animosity.

feck the pair of them off.