Is Pogba as good as gone?

Esquire

Get 90m for him and let’s move all for all our sakes. This is getting so tedious.

Renegade

A quick look at his IG and you wouldn’t even know he plays for United.
Fantastic player but it just hasn’t worked out. Blame on both parties for me. I would want to leave if I was a World Cup winner entering my prime years too.
Hopefully his sold early and we can just move on from this saga and Pogba chapter.
It’ll inevitably drag until beginning of next season though.

Irrational.

I said a month ago that he’ll never play for us again & got told I was an idiot. I genuinely don’t think he will.
There are a couple of posters on here that have blinkers on when it comes to Pogba - I just cannot understand why. Words like 'idiot' and 'cretin' are thrown around when you dare question Pogba's desire or commitment to play for the club.

Here's a nice little comparison:

Andre Gomes suffered a fracture-dislocation of his ankle on the 3rd November last year. He managed to play 60 minutes in a behind-closed-doors friendly yesterday.

Pogba has managed a grand total of 71 minutes of game time since he was 'injured' on September 30th last year after playing 90 minutes against Arsenal. Now whatever injury that was, it was definitely not worse than the horrific, potentially career-ending injury Gomes suffered.

One is an example of a player who is doing everything to get back onto the pitch and help his team, and the other is a player who is hiding behind his agent to engineer a move away.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There are a couple of posters on here that have blinkers on when it comes to Pogba - I just cannot understand why. Words like 'idiot' and 'cretin' are thrown around when you dare question Pogba's desire or commitment to play for the club.

Andre Gomes suffered a fracture-dislocation of his ankle on the 3rd November last year. He managed to play 60 minutes in a behind-closed-doors friendly yesterday.

Pogba has managed a grand total of 71 minutes of game time since he was 'injured' on September 30th last year after playing 90 minutes against Arsenal. Now whatever injury that was, it was definitely not worse than the horrific, potentially career-ending injury Gomes suffered.

One is an example of a player who is doing everything to get back onto the pitch and help his team, and the other is a player who is hiding behind his agent to engineer a move away.
That's mental.

Alabaster Codify7

I said a month ago that he’ll never play for us again & got told I was an idiot. I genuinely don’t think he will.

Definitely. There isn't really any narrative on the injury anymore, he's just 'recovering from something, somewhere'. We won't see him in red again in my opinion, he's essentially on gardening leave - he's made it clear he wants shot of us and we don't want to risk him getting another injury before the summer.

Infestissumam

Tough situation in the summer. Selling him early would be great, but we'll probably have to wait and hope for a good Euros tournament to get close to the price we want. Personally I'm glad when it's over.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tough situation in the summer. Selling him early would be great, but we'll probably have to wait and hope for a good Euros tournament to get close to the price we want. Personally I'm glad when it's over.
If he doesn't play again this season it would be a joke if he goes to the Euros when you consider how strong his competition is in the France squad.

youngrell

Fans who are defending Pogba are really just giving him the benefit of doubt, and of course going off whatever little news the club offers on the situation. Anything else is pure speculation. So while I don't condone the name calling, those who are outlandish in their criticism of the player are no better.

As for your Gomes comparison. On the face of it, it looks laughable. But no two injuries are the same, and while Gomes' was clearly more severe and serious, it doesn't mean that the smaller injury must heal quicker.

I guess what I'm saying is, lay off the Pogba bashing until something concrete happens. If the player is actually wanting to stay and commit to United, constant abuse from his own fans, former players and pundits is not going to positively impact his decision, that's for sure.

el3mel

That piece about Gomes is a big surprise for me. I thought he won't be able to play again for at least a year or so.

izec

He will play for us at some point later in the season, he needs to up his fitness levels. He will do it for France and the upcoming EC, as well as the transfer window, not for United.

romufc

He will play for us at some point later in the season, he needs to up his fitness levels. He will do it for France and the upcoming EC, as well as the transfer window, not for United.
I don't see the need to play him unless we are in quarter or semi final of EL.

I would tell him to go train away from the group and work towards getting a transfer away.

I would rather see game time been given to Garner etc if there isnt much to play for than Pogba.

Irrational.

Fans who are defending Pogba are really just giving him the benefit of doubt, and of course going off whatever little news the club offers on the situation. Anything else is pure speculation. So while I don't condone the name calling, those who are outlandish in their criticism of the player are no better.

As for your Gomes comparison. On the face of it, it looks laughable. But no two injuries are the same, and while Gomes' was clearly more severe and serious, it doesn't mean that the smaller injury must heal quicker.

I guess what I'm saying is, lay off the Pogba bashing until something concrete happens. If the player is actually wanting to stay and commit to United, constant abuse from his own fans, former players and pundits is not going to positively impact his decision, that's for sure.
I agree with you - my main issue is just with the vagueness and lack of transparency regarding this so-called injury, combined with Ole's wooly answers in the pre-match press conferences. If it was a specific injury then we could look to a timeframe of being able to see him back on the pitch, but as far as I've heard it's anything from a muscle sprain to a ligament tear. Fans have the right to know. He has been offered every benefit of the doubt but clearly something isn't right here.

We'll just have to wait it out and see what happens.

izec

I don't see the need to play him unless we are in quarter or semi final of EL.

I would tell him to go train away from the group and work towards getting a transfer away.

I would rather see game time been given to Garner etc if there isnt much to play for than Pogba.
Ole is desperate for results and will play him as soon as Pogba feels like it. Even if we don't have a lot to play for, finishing a few places above midtable is better than nothing for Ole, he does care for the United job in an egoistical way.

The issue is we dont know when that will be. Probably in March, enough time and games to get some form and fitness for the summer.

el3mel

I think that point about Euro makes sense. Surely he's not planning to play the Euro having spent a full season without playing before. That's why I think he'll return to play at one point.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's getting fit for the Euros.
I just cant see him featuring in a meaningful game for us again this season.

Infestissumam

he's not stupid, he knows he needs a few games before the Euros. I expect him to be back for a couple at the end of the season.

Mainoldo

I wish you paid so much attention to the fact we are crap.

Fair play to Gomes. Don’t see what it has to do with Pogba’s body though. Imagine if we compared every ankle break to Valencia. Who came back the same season.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I just read that Pogba is on treadmill training only. That would suggest he might be available in 4 weeks or so. Whether he wants to stay or transfer, he needs to play some matches to prove to other clubs he is still top and to play at the Euros.

MUFAN79

Just sell the cnut and get the circus out of the club. It's United that need to put an end to it. Player and agent are taking the piss.

Djemba-Djemba

I've thought for months his heart hasn't been in it and he's been biding his time before he goes in the Summer.

He's contributed almost nothing this season except for negative headlines with his agent.

Think it's better for everyone that he's gone ASAP.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Get fit,have a good Euros and wave bye-bye.

His return just hasn't worked out for himself nor the club. Broken promises on both sides.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Can we talk about our win? This fat f**k should not dominate our great away win. Maybe tomorrow we can all abuse him

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Who is going to pay him the £290k/€348k a week he is currently on?

No top club will touch him.

el3mel

I just don't care much about him anymore. I'm used to seeing the team playing without him, being good or bad, doesn't matter much. I still believe he'll play for the last 1 or 2 months of the seasons to prepare for the Euro but his situation doesn't bother. Actually a midfield of Scott, Fred and Bruno might work better than putting Pogba ahead of one of them, even if he has more quality.

Heinzesight

If he has to play for us again this season I would only be happy if it’s with 10 minutes to go and we are coasting 3-0 or something. I would not trust him one bit. If you’re not committed to the club you don’t play. Fit or not. feck his Euros. France would be better without him.

Judas

Open to offers
His agent isn't saying that crap without his say so, it's just so unneeded and ugly for everyone. I hope we can get a decent fee and put this to bed for good, as much as I rate him as a player, it's beyond boring now. But I worry we'll not get the money the club are after for him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Feck letting him get his fitness back with us in time for the Euros, let him rot in the reserves and hold out on selling him until the tournament ends.

Red_Aaron

If he and his agent are making it clear he wants out then I wouldn't play him again even if he declares himself fit. Let him miss the euros if the hardship he's facing picking up his enormous paycheck from us is so great.

It's a shame we didn't get so much as a full decent season out of the bloke because he's very talented. But it's time to move him on because everyone is bored of his shit now