Is Pogba as good as gone?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Worst singing we've ever made.

Constant problem causer for 2 managers now and for every good game he's had, there's been about 8 genuinely terrible ones.

Don't get what the fuss is all about at this point. Just the blind hope he'll come back and play how he does once every 2 months in every game, which is obviously never going to happen.

I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but you literally lose count of the things you need to give him the benefit of the doubt for.

I don't really even get the issue with selling him. He'll either go somewhere else and make himself into the same problem there, or sign for a team good enough for him to be an irrelevance. Which would probably just make him feck off even quicker when people stop paying attention to him.

I know we get all this stuff about him being a "good lad" or missunderstood, but that's not really the point. The point is the end product that having him at the club brings, and it's staring everyone in the face. Problems galore and toxic attitudes.

Last edited:

el3mel

Constant problem causer for 2 managers now and for every good game he's had, there's been about 8 genuinely terrible ones.

Don't get what the fuss is all about at this point. Just the blind hope he'll come back and play how he does once every 2 months in every game, which is obviously never going to happen.

I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but you literally lose count of the things you need to give him the benefit of the doubt for.
I won't say the worst but every thing considered he can actually be considered a flop at this point. Didn't achieve 1/10 of what was expected from him when we made him the most expensive player in the world. Can save his career in his next team though, no one will care much I guess.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I won't say the worst but every thing considered he can actually be considered a flop at this point. Didn't achieve 1/10 of what was expected from him when we made him the most expensive player in the world. Can save his career in his next team though, no one will care much I guess.
Considering the price and his general standard of performance, plus the CONSTANT fecking hassle he causes, I would say he's quite easily the worst.

We've signed worse players before, or players with attitude or mentality problems, or problem causers...but this guy's the whole package, and has managed to stick around for 4 years now, and cost us a record transfer fee. He should have been booted out when Mourinho was...well the club should have let Mourinho boot him out 6 months before that really...then at least he wouldn't have been an issue for the net manager.

People tend to overlook it because of his ability, but a lot of his performances for United have really been at an astonishing level of bad. His discipline is terrible. He seems to spend games daydreaming. He's an absolute chancer. He's a clear influence on other players too. This is the problem...the only thing he has consistently been in his time here is an issue , and always of his own making.

His only redeeming factor is his marketing power, which in itself kind of sums up the club's problems.

Rolaholic

Ole just confirmed he'll be back at Carrington tomorrow

Really hoping we'll get the chance to watch a midfield with him,Bruno and Fred soon...

Mainoldo

Can’t wait to see him back. Loved Bruno today. But imagine Pogba’s quality in that midfield.

Oh yeah Raiola. :lol: Why do you guys care some much about the wrong things. Stop being a puppet to media bull.

Teja

I was worried what would happen if he left at the beginning of the season but don't really care anymore. Fred, Bruno and McTominay is a fairly good midfield and throw in a Graelish or Maddison into the mix and we'll be golden. I'm kind of hoping Villa get relegated now because we can get Graelish on the cheap.

Just fleece who ever is going to buy Pogba, replace him with Sancho and we'll be in a better place than where we started.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
His agent isn't saying that crap without his say so, it's just so unneeded and ugly for everyone. I hope we can get a decent fee and put this to bed for good, as much as I rate him as a player, it's beyond boring now. But I worry we'll not get the money the club are after for him.
Ole seems to have confirmed this today when he said 'Paul and Mino have their conversions'

Suedesi

There are a couple of posters on here that have blinkers on when it comes to Pogba - I just cannot understand why. Words like 'idiot' and 'cretin' are thrown around when you dare question Pogba's desire or commitment to play for the club.

Here's a nice little comparison:

Andre Gomes suffered a fracture-dislocation of his ankle on the 3rd November last year. He managed to play 60 minutes in a behind-closed-doors friendly yesterday.

Pogba has managed a grand total of 71 minutes of game time since he was 'injured' on September 30th last year after playing 90 minutes against Arsenal. Now whatever injury that was, it was definitely not worse than the horrific, potentially career-ending injury Gomes suffered.

One is an example of a player who is doing everything to get back onto the pitch and help his team, and the other is a player who is hiding behind his agent to engineer a move away.
That's insane

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Can’t wait to see him back. Loved Bruno today. But imagine Pogba’s quality in that midfield.

Oh yeah Raiola. :lol: Why do you guys care some much about the wrong things. Stop being a puppet to media bull.
What media bull. Today it was straight from the fat horses mouth.

Robaldo

He's like a girlfriend that won't stop talking to an ex. Both can get the f*ck out.

It's possible to think he's a shitbag without racism being a factor.

cyberman

Id put Freds midfield control over the last 4 months up against Pogbas best 4 months for us. Honestly dont think he has a run like that in him anyway.

Neo_Mufc

My feeling is the club have sanctioned the go ahead for him to leave on the basis that he keeps quiet and doesn't cause a fuss.

Seems like every few weeks when you think ok he's ready to play for the club his return gets pushed forward.

Maybe Ole has decided the best thing to do is not to play him in order for the team to start performing without him and once the Euros come his price will inflate then boot him out.

Irrational.

Not really a fracture only takes 6 weeks to heal whereas muscle problems and surgery would require much longer.
Where are you getting your medical knowledge from? Uncomplicated metatarsal injuries can take a minimum of 6-8 weeks to heal, others would be longer. You know ankle fractures often require surgery right? Bones heal much slower than muscle. The length of time it's taken him to get over this injury is insane, especially for a non-career ending injury (which Andre Gomes' was).

tjb

I don't really even get the issue with selling him. He'll either go somewhere else and make himself into the same problem there, or sign for a team good enough for him to be an irrelevance. Which would probably just make him feck off even quicker when people stop paying attention to him.

I know we get all this stuff about him being a "good lad" or missunderstood, but that's not really the point. The point is the end product that having him at the club brings, and it's staring everyone in the face. Problems galore and toxic attitudes.
I agree
I genuinely blame him for what happened to Jose here. Not that he also didnt have his faults, but the drama and the cycle around it and the loss of player support were brought in by Pogba.

We were not great, but we were doing well in 2018 until the Everton game in which Pogba started getting disgruntled about his position.For me, that was the beginning of the end of that team.

He's spent more time crying to leave than playing well for us. Let's not act like he isnt part of the team that has played poorly these past few years, even being one of the reasons why at times. We dont need players who dont wanna be here

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why does this thread have 86 pages dedicated to someone who's played what is it 8 times this season? Says everything about what's wrong with Man Utd that especially when looking at the echelon of great United players Pogba probably doesn't even make the top 50

Yakuza_devils

The problem with Pogba is that nobody is willing to pay our asking price and his greedy salary demand. Hence, his agent have to keep making noises and create a scene in the club hoping that we will let him go cheap so that he can demand higher salary in new club.

Dirty agent and greedy player! We should not deal with this agent anymore in future. It has been a nightmare with Raiola.

Deery

Dreary
He’s just one of those toxic people you meet you can’t quite put your finger on it at first and everyone seems to have a good word on them but over time you come to realise his guy is just a rotten egg, every week there’s something different and every time he’s the victim.
At the same time trying to get people fired and bad mouthing people, causing a scene and bringing people down.
Older people see it a lot quicker guess that’s why Ferguson knew before anyone.

Deery

Dreary
Where are you getting your medical knowledge from? Uncomplicated metatarsal injuries can take a minimum of 6-8 weeks to heal, others would be longer. You know ankle fractures often require surgery right? Bones heal much slower than muscle. The length of time it's taken him to get over this injury is insane, especially for a non-career ending injury (which Andre Gomes' was).
That’s bullshit doctor told me my broken leg would be fine in 6 weeks I was back playing in 6 weeks, pulled a groin doctor told me I’d be out for 3-4 months

el3mel

Whether he's injured or not, his agent has been saying a lot of crap and by this time you can't say he's not doing this on instruction from Pogba. The player hasn't done anything to stop his agent from running his mouth to the press.

Irrational.

That’s bullshit doctor told me my broken leg would be fine in 6 weeks I was back playing in 6 weeks, pulled a groin doctor told me I’d be out for 3-4 months
Of course your injury is not the same as a professional athlete. It also depends which bone you have broken. Gomes' injury was a fracture-dislocation which is a potential career ender and can take several months to even think about getting on the pitch, and that's before looking at physio and rehab.

Anyway my point is that one player had a much more serious injury yet is determined to get back onto the pitch, the other has a (no idea what) and yet he may be at training tomorrow. Who knows when he'll next play for us, if at all.

Deery

Dreary
Of course your injury is not the same as a professional athlete. It also depends which bone you have broken. Gomes' injury was a fracture-dislocation which is a potential career ender and can take several months to even think about getting on the pitch, and that's before looking at physio and rehab.

Anyway my point is that one player had a much more serious injury yet is determined to get back onto the pitch, the other has a (no idea what) and yet he may be at training tomorrow. Who knows when he'll next play for us, if at all.
You’re right it all depends on the person’s injury I suppose and I understand what you’re saying Pogba really could be showing more effort to get back playing again.

RyRy11

Don’t really care if he stays or goes but if we get any less than 120m for him we’ve been hoodwinked. Can’t stand it when we lose players for way under what we should be getting for them. I’d rather see him rot in the reserves.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Pogba wants to leave I'd tell him to sod off now.

If he wants to stay - I'd give him a new contract with a very slight increase just to find another agent.

Or just sod off.

Mainoldo

What media bull. Today it was straight from the fat horses mouth.
It’s media bull because the guy is not playing and we’ve just beat Chelsea. If we pay it no attention it has no substance. Wasting far too much time taking in rubbish.

On a level what does his comments matter to you today?

Mainoldo

If Pogba wants to leave I'd tell him to sod off now.

If he wants to stay - I'd give him a new contract with a very slight increase just to find another agent.

Or just sod off.
Sod off now. He wanted to leave in the summer. It’s not new, they should have just let him leave.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
It’s media bull because the guy is not playing and we’ve just beat Chelsea. If we pay it no attention it has no substance. Wasting far too much time taking in rubbish.

On a level what does his comments matter to you today?
I want to only talk about us winning. Raiola making public statements again has meant that we're not. That's down to Raiola timing it so the media talk about it. Can't blame the media for this one. Does it bother me. Not to much.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
No player is bigger than Manchester United.

Liverpool finally understood that and here they are.

No player is bigger than Real Madrid and they've been thriving again.

One player is bigger than Barcelona, and it's gonna end in tears. Also the only player who is worth the trouble. Also not a shit stirrer.

johanovic

Pogba should never play for United again, Raiola works for Pogba so there is no chance he's doing these comments without Pogba agreeing to it. Extend the contract option United have and then tell him he can leave IF he put's in a transfer request. Otherwise he can spend next season "injured" like this season.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought this season we'd get Pogba putting in his lazy half arsed performances like we saw towards the end of Mourinho's time here and quite frankly the last few weeks of last season, when to be fair he wasn't the only one. It's clear he's wanted to leave for a while.

I didn't think we'd basically barely see him all campaign. Maybe it's a bit conspiracy theorist nutjob but I'm a little sceptical about his injuries this season.

Don't be surprised if he somehow manages to pick up another knock in the next few weeks before magically becoming fully fit right in time for the Euros.

Mainoldo

I want to only talk about us winning. Raiola making public statements again has meant that we're not. That's down to Raiola timing it so the media talk about it. Can't blame the media for this one. Does it bother me. Not to much.
No not we. YOU! Allow this man. He probably thought we was going to lose and now he looks like a tit.

But people are actually angry. Grow up majority of us are adults. You’d think this was WWE. It’s football.. Pogba gets fit and plays, if he wants to leave in the summer let him go. If he wants to stay, let him stay.

I don’t really have time to care about the circus around him.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Anyone complaining about Raiola but giving Pogba a free pass is deluded.

Raiola is Pogba's employee. Unless Pogba comes out and says otherwise, any statement Raiola makes comes with the blessing of his employer.