Is Robert Lewandowski a cow?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
These "funny" off take threads just clog the place up in the main.

Getting very boring.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

He's not the player some want to make out of him.

Best striker in the world? Yes.

Most complete? Hell no, he can't do a thing without service. He's not capable of dropping back, or drifting to the wing, or creating chances out of thin air or for others. He needs set up, when you see him assist at Bayern it's because the movement is world class and the ball gets to him in the box in the first place, not because he's some insanely creative striker.

When you're a relatively weak NT like Poland, a player like Lewandowski won't single handedly win you game, you're better off with any prolific fast counter attacker than even the best targetman in the world in these kind of games.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
He's not the player some want to make out of him.

Best striker in the world? Yes.

Most complete? Hell no, he can't do a thing without service. He's not capable of dropping back, or drifting to the wing, or creating chances out of thin air or for others. He needs set up, when you see him assist at Bayern it's because the movement is world class and the ball gets to him in the box in the first place, not because he's some insanely creative striker.

When you're a relatively weak NT like Poland, a player like Lewandowski won't single handedly win you game, you're better off with any prolific fast counter attacker than even the best targetman in the world in these kind of games.
:lol:

Who's more complete by the way? Genuine question now.

Red Star One

Not entirely sure what you mean by that but if he does nothing this euros it will be quite clear his record for Poland in tournaments has been very underwhelming - team ain’t great but today again it was his individual mistakes and lack of spark that we’ve seen again. When he’s compared to Poland’s best in Zibi/Deyna/Lubański/Lato it’s obviously different eras but I think it will cast a shadow on his legacy, even if he’s individually the best footballer to be born in our country and arguably the best player of the generation in whole Central-Eastern Europe.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Poland is a overrated thanks to him, Lewandowsi in front of Bayern midfield is a perfect fit. Just don't have nearly enough service as in one team league in Bundesliga.

redshaw

You can take a cow to water but you can't make it drinkski

Deery

Dreary
Not buying this Lewandowski can’t create narrative watched him create lots of times for Poland he was just poor today.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Benzema for one.
I genuinely don’t understand this ‘complete striker’ bollocks.

He’s the best striker in the world and has been for years.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Tomorrow’s threads:
- Is Bruno a cow?
- Is Ronaldo a cow?
- Is Müller a cow?
- Is Griezmann a cow?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder if these threads are offensive from an Hindu point of view.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I am amazed at how old and tired he looks! 45?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Lewas a better finisher but benzemas link up play is better imo
Based on what though? Benzema plays for Real Madrid and France and pretty much always has good players around him. Lewa has the misfortune of being by far the best player Poland has. His link-up play with Muller, Gnabry etc is just as good as Karim for me.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Moo-rons
Everywhere.

JPRouve

Scout
Lewas a better finisher but benzemas link up play is better imo
I don't know if Lewandoski is a better finisher, he misses ridiculous things. For me he is a sophisticated version of Cavani, his power is in his ability to be at the right place at the right time, almost all the time. He is the better striker but not necessarily the most complete of the two.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Based on what though? Benzema plays for Real Madrid and France and pretty much always has good players around him. Lewa has the misfortune of being by far the best player Poland has. His link-up play with Muller, Gnabry etc is just as good as Karim for me.
Benzema hasn't played for France for years. Benzema sacrificed his game to do the dog work for Ronaldo. It's not even close.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know if Lewandoski is a better finisher, he misses ridiculous things. For me he is a sophisticated version of Cavani, his power is in his ability to be at the right place at the right time, almost all the time. He is the better striker but not necessarily the most complete of the two.
Benzema has also had patchy finishing over the years. I'd always thought his link up play and control was his best asset.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Benzema hasn't played for France for years. Benzema sacrificed his game to do the dog work for Ronaldo. It's not even close.
I mentioned France to make the point that whatever team he plays in it's a good one with very good players around him.

As far as sacrificing his game. Not like he had much of a choice was it.

Threesus

I will take benzema over lewandowski, but it is certainly close. lewnadowski needs to perform well though,because he just stinks at major international tournaments.

And please stop with sacred cows talk. I have had enough of our PM going about it here.

JPRouve

Scout
Benzema has also had patchy finishing over the years. I'd always thought his link up play and control was his best asset.
He has but the point is about Lewandowski not being superior in that department, not about Benzema being flawless.