Is Sterling the best english player at the moment?

Idxomer

He was their best player but you can never trust him in these key moments.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He should have tattooed an Ak on his leg instead of M4. It would have been more appropriate considering how horribly inaccurate he is.

Mic

Awful player in every way. Only good against the powerful Bournemouths, Aston Villas, Crystal palace etc, as every single one of his national team mates. And then they call other leagues farmer leagues when the only team in their league that ever wins anything decent, does it almost every 15 years and is 100% foreign owned, foreign coached and foreign players.

Cloud7

As good as Sterling is, and he is a very good player, he's someone that, when put in a situation like that, where it's all on his shoulders, I feel like he's more likely to disappoint than deliver. Case in point, I was not surprised in the slightest that he fluffed that chance.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Nah Robben missed his fair share including in a World Cup final.
This isn't the robben miss. Honestly cant even remember a similar miss in the club's obsession competition and to go through

Paxi

4 yards out.. running on to the ball..
It’s got to be one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen. It genuinely a tap in. You just slide it in, no need to even put any sort of height on it. Incredible miss.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
4 yards out.. running on to the ball..
It’s got to be one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen. It genuinely a tap in. You just slide it in, no need to even put any sort of height on it. Incredible miss.
Exactly. What was he thinking... is he really that poor mentally under pressure ? Perhaps tired ? Really hard to find excuse.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Context included, that must be one of the worst misses ever.

It didn't look like it took a bobble or anything

Paxi

Exactly. What was he thinking... is he really that poor mentally under pressure ? Perhaps tired ? Really hard to find excuse.
It’s a simple pass in the net. No need to hit it with any force like Linekar thinks he was trying to do. I can see what Linekar is thinking but you should just be sliding that ball in.

Paxi

Context included, that must be one of the worst misses ever.

It didn't look like it took a bobble or anything
It was a simple tap in. I remember misses
where the player is off balance or the ball is slightly behind them. This was teed up for him. It’s just a stroke in. Incredible that he absolutely skied that.

Trex

That miss doesn't surprise me at all from sterling he does that all the time,it kind of why i don't really place him that high up at all,plus the fact he has never scored against united all this years

acnumber9

Wouldn’t score more than 15 a season playing for anybody else. It’s a talent to get on the end of chances but he’s not a good finisher and he’s choked that the same way he always does against United.

vodrake

For a guy who scores such a bucket load of goals, his "missing an open goal" highlights reel is impressive

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Wouldn’t score more than 15 a season playing for anybody else. It’s a talent to get on the end of chances but he’s not a good finisher and he’s choked that the same way he always does against United.
That’s what I think. He gets amazing numbers in a pep team but he’s actually World class in very limited attributes and not very good at much else. Abit like Milner at Liverpool.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Awful player in every way. Only good against the powerful Bournemouths, Aston Villas, Crystal palace etc, as every single one of his national team mates. And then they call other leagues farmer leagues when the only team in their league that ever wins anything decent, does it almost every 15 years and is 100% foreign owned, foreign coached and foreign players.

I can almost hear you frothing at the mouth.
Edit: just to expand on this, I think you have a point about how a lot of the others get disrespected. But the post as a whole is a bit of a mess.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
In hindsight, was it a mistake on Sterling's part to leave Liverpool ?
Why? Liverpool wouldn't be anywhere near as successful with him instead of Salah or Mane anyway and he's racked up trophies at City.

I_ndlovu

Supports
Coventry
Feel a bit for him after that, he'll take the flack while players like Rodri fly under the radar.

Walters_19_MuFc

I take it you're not English but most likely support an English club?

joedirt87

I would laugh, but I know he will do the same thing and miss a key chance or two for England when it matters.

Idxomer

People go from overrating to underrating a player in a second. He's a great player and today he was better than De Bruyne. I still agree with the idea that no player benefit from the current City setup more than him which in turn masks some obvious flaws in his game.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's not the first or the second or third time we've seen Sterling miss like that. Finishing is one of the weakest part of his game.

Rodgerzzz

Came in here to make this exact point. He's a fantastic player but in scenarios like tonight when the pressure is really on there's always that doubt about whether he can put the ball in the net.