Is Sterling the best english player at the moment?

Sauldogba

Ok then Salah last season is the best player in the PL history based on your logic? Or does that only apply to Sterling vs Hazard?
Conte's Chelsea was not nearly as good as Pep's City offensively.

When Sterling contributes as much to his team's play as Hazard does we can talk about him being better.
Hazard is superior in all aspects.
What like scoring less and assisting less?
Ok

Sauldogba

Is this what football has become, a pure stats game? "He is more productive therefore he must be better". You do know that Gigi Zola averaged 1 goal in 4 in the league at Chelsea, and only on 2 occasions out of 7 seasons did he score over TEN league goals.
Dennis Bergkamp at Arsenal only scored over 15 league goals once in his 11 seasons. Raheem Sterling is more productive than those two therefore he must be better.
Hazard is a better football player than Raheem.
You can talk about stats i can bring up the fact that just because a player (Hazard) hogs the ball,can dribble out of tight areas and can float gracefully on the pitch does not make him better.
Goals and assists tend to win you games and titles.
Something that Sterling is doing right now.
And has done it better than Hazard for two years coming up to three.
We are not talking about some fair weather player like Cleverly who hides while Van Persie carries us to the title.
We are talking about a player in Sterling who was one of if not the best player for the most dominant Premier League side points wise we have seen.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Sterling is a much better player than Rashford, and it isn't even close.
Yup. Kane & Sterling are close, then there's a gaping chasm between the two of them and whoever you consider third.

Rashford has the potential to be up there, but simply isn't (yet).

Tostao_80

You can talk about stats i can bring up the fact that just because a player (Hazard) hogs the ball,can dribble out of tight areas and can float gracefully on the pitch does not make him better.
Goals and assists tend to win you games and titles.
Something that Sterling is doing right now.
And has done it better than Hazard for two years coming up to three.
We are not talking about some fair weather player like Cleverly who hides while Van Persie carries us to the title.
We are talking about a player in Sterling who was one of if not the best player for the most dominant Premier League side points wise we have seen.
So i see you totally ignored the point i made regarding Zola and Bergkamp. No one mentioned Hazards dribbling and being able to float gracefully, that was you. I was making the point that having more goals and assists doesnt automatically make you a better player. To prove my point, i ask again. Is Sterling currently better than Zola ever was at Chelsea and Bergkamp at Arsenal? He is scoring and assisting far better than they ever did?
And to your second point, Sterling was not Citys best player last season, not even close. He was good but De Bruyne was far better.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Shocking how many people think Sterling is better than Hazard.

He is the best in the league, Salah's 17/18 didn't convince me of otherwise, Sterling won't either

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Shocking how many people think Sterling is better than Hazard.

He is the best in the league, Salah's 17/18 didn't convince me of otherwise, Sterling won't either
I actually think Hazard is quite overrated on here. Great player for sure, but not among the very best in the PL imo, and I personally rate Sterling ahead of him.

ExecutionerWasp001

Hazard is much the better player & it's not even close. Sterling's numbers are good but they are mainly being put up against cannon fodder. He also has a much better team around him than Hazard has ever had. Sterling still fluffs his lines in the big games as proven in last seasons derby at the Emptyhad.

Penycwm

Supports
Newport County
Hazard is much the better player & it's not even close. Sterling's numbers are good but they are mainly being put up against cannon fodder. He also has a much better team around him than Hazard has ever had. Sterling still fluffs his lines in the big games as proven in last seasons derby at the Emptyhad.
Not aware that Hazard was English !!

Sauldogba

So i see you totally ignored the point i made regarding Zola and Bergkamp. No one mentioned Hazards dribbling and being able to float gracefully, that was you. I was making the point that having more goals and assists doesnt automatically make you a better player. To prove my point, i ask again. Is Sterling currently better than Zola ever was at Chelsea and Bergkamp at Arsenal? He is scoring and assisting far better than they ever did?
And to your second point, Sterling was not Citys best player last season, not even close. He was good but De Bruyne was far better.
Sterlings better than Zola imo.
Zola is overrated
Ill give you Bergkamp being better than Sterling but im talking about the fact that Sterlings been better than Hazard for the past two years.
If you want to talk about their careers in general you can make a case for Hazard being better but in 2019 and 2018? No chance has he been better than Sterling.
And its not only about goals and assists.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
On and off the pitch, he's probably the best player in English football right now. On the pitch, his performances are fantastic, and off it, he's on the very cutting edge of tackling & exposing racism in our league.

A tremendous amount of respect for him, as both a player & a man.

dbs235

Amazing transformation, he was a laughing stock on here not long ago.

Wilt

Forget English player, to be fair he’s probably the best in the Prem.

Walters_19_MuFc

Im glad City lost, but its a shame he was on the losing side, especially after his composed finish at the end that was ruled out.

He's now a world class player, in my opinion.

BigBebe

Stering is 21cm (8 inches) shorter than Pogba. How did he manage to out-jump him when Pogba looked absolute favorite to get to that ball?

It was quite comical really.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's annoyingly good now. £50m seemed like a rip-off when they bought him, now it seems like an absolute bargain.

Best English player since Rooney, perhaps? (Him or Kane, anyway).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Stering is 21cm (8 inches) shorter than Pogba. How did he manage to out-jump him when Pogba looked absolute favorite to get to that ball?

It's because he's bl... never mind.
:P

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

It happens sometimes. In basketball sometimes a smaller guy gets a rebound over a bigger guy.

andyish

Supports
Liverpool
On and off the pitch, he's probably the best player in English football right now. On the pitch, his performances are fantastic, and off it, he's on the very cutting edge of tackling & exposing racism in our league.

A tremendous amount of respect for him, as both a player & a man.
Well said, couldn't agree more.

Works a lot harder on the pitch than he gets credit for too.

Kostov

Hate to even say this, but he's become a joy to watch and even more bizarre, he's a very likeable chap when I've seen him speak. Shame he's playing for City.