Is there a place for Rashford as a regular starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Let me assist. This is a forum where people are supposed to exchange ideas and views. Yours just happen to suck!
Cute! look down as you always do in life with the @redcafe_reader who is going to get demolished by my facts from -
  1. A health website
  2. A famous footballer who went through through same injury
  3. A doctor
Enjoy! Because I sure am. Feel like a king.

redcafe_reader

Enjoy reading these facts if you can read.

For some athletes it can be a good idea to adjust their sporting technique. We know that the injury can occur as a result of repetitive and monotonous loading. An adjustment in technique can alter the load, thereby decreasing the risk of injury. Young athletes are particularly receptive to changing their technique, but it usually becomes more difficult with age.
https://fittoplay.org/body-parts/back/low-back-stress-fracture/
"Adjusting their sporting technique" doesn't mean the player can be lazy or stop working hard?

'You can't really do much, you have to just rest and let it heal. But it is a difficult one because it always stays a little bit like a weak spot. Even now, it is not that I'm in pain or something, but it's a sensitive area. So you have to be really careful with that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...rcus-Rashford-FOUR-months-similar-injury.html
RVP mentioned to just "rest and let it heal" and "have to be really careful" - so is Rashford "rest" enough or not? If not then he need to rest more, for his sake and Man UTD sake. If he already rested enough then it's no excuse, if he can't play well or can't work hard for whatever reason he needs to up his form or be dropped.

Right in the description:

DISCLAIMER: Content not intended to be taken as medical advice. Opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer. I have not personally treated or evaluated the individual(s) discussed in this video. Content used with educational and transformative intent within Fair Use Guidelines - I hope you understand what that mean, if not then I can't help you, but maybe other can see your "fact" in a better light.

Can you point me somewhere in all your "fact" that said Rashford can't be dropped or need "month" to play into form? I am sure you can't because it's not there.

The original argument is simple: He looks lazy, disinterested, he doesn't work hard, his decision making is terrible right now, and he should improve his form fast or be dropped for other as we are not Rashford FC. You don't get to make up your own strawman and defeat it, I never said he was not injured.

And if you want to go for "technically" and "accuracy" then you need to post an article with detail injury of Rashford, instead of a generic article about his type of injury, as people's bodies are different. You should know that if you actually "study medicine".

You can also notice that the RVP interview and your video are both from Jan 2020, and we are now close to Jan 2022, it has been 2 years. You can keep using the injury to excuse Rashford, that's your right but it doesn't mean other have to follow. And before your "But he was overplayed!!" - look up for the original argument.

I know enough about the typical formulaic PR post (strong point at start+"convincing" argument/source+some witty line) so my post is for other people mostly.

Let me assist. This is a forum where people are supposed to exchange ideas and views. Yours just happen to suck!
He deleted that post. I wonder why...

Bebestation

"Adjusting their sporting technique" doesn't mean the player can be lazy or stop working hard?

RVP mentioned to just "rest and let it heal" and "have to be really careful" - so is Rashford "rest" enough or not? If not then he need to rest more, for his sake and Man UTD sake. If he already rested enough then it's no excuse, if he can't play well or can't work hard for whatever reason he needs to up his form or be dropped.

Right in the description:

DISCLAIMER: Content not intended to be taken as medical advice. Opinions are my own and do not represent those of my employer. I have not personally treated or evaluated the individual(s) discussed in this video. Content used with educational and transformative intent within Fair Use Guidelines - I hope you understand what that mean, if not then I can't help you, but maybe other can see your "fact" in a better light.

Can you point me somewhere in all your "fact" that said Rashford can't be dropped or need "month" to play into form? I am sure you can't because it's not there.

The original argument is simple: He looks lazy, disinterested, he doesn't work hard, his decision making is terrible right now, and he should improve his form fast or be dropped for other as we are not Rashford FC. You don't get to make up your own strawman and defeat it, I never said he was not injured.

And if you want to go for "technically" and "accuracy" then you need to post an article with detail injury of Rashford, instead of a generic article about his type of injury, as people's bodies are different. You should know that if you actually "study medicine".

You can also notice that the RVP interview and your video are both from Jan 2020, and we are now close to Jan 2022, it has been 2 years. You can keep using the injury to excuse Rashford, that's your right but it doesn't mean other have to follow. And before your "But he was overplayed!!" - look up for the original argument.

I know enough about the typical formulaic PR post (strong point at start+"convincing" argument/source+some witty line) so my post is for other people mostly.

He deleted that post. I wonder why...
I deleted that post because I made a new one.

So you cant see why a footballer hasn't got to adjust his sport technique in 9 games :lol: games where he has come on as a sub, come off as a sub and played in his wrong position.

Damn that IQ is insane!!

Then RVP says its a Injury that doesn't even get better - that it can always stay as a weakpoint! That RVP still feels his injury at the age he is right now possibly nearly 40. What does that mean? He needs to adapt his sport technique :lol: anyone who has followed RVP's career knows that he did exactly that. Mad stuff.

And no I'm not saying Rashford should be played in to form- let him be dropped.

But there is absolutely cnuts here saying he has never done this, never done that, that he has always been shit and needs to be sold.

Absolute rubbish.

Now don't talk to me.

You win.

Not a single bit of proof with what you right but I wrote 3.

redcafe_reader

So you cant see why a footballer hasn't got to adjust his sport technique in 9 games :lol: games where he has come on as a sub, come off as a sub and played in his wrong position.

Damn that IQ is insane!!

Then RVP says its a Injury that doesn't even get better - that it can always stay as a weakpoint! That RVP still feels his injury at the age he is right now possibly nearly 40. What does that mean? He needs to adapt his sport technique :lol: anyone who has followed RVP's career knows that he did exactly that. Mad stuff.
The fact that you keep rambling about "adjust his sport technique" while I make it clear in my post, several times, it was about "lazy and stop working hard" mean you don't even have an argument to begin with.

Yes we know about RVP injury, but he only get to play for us when he can manage his injury to produce actual result week in week out in the field. Still when his form or his bodies can't keep up anymore he was sold. If any, the RVP argument actually support my point that Rashford right now is not good enough for the regular position in our team than your points/excuses.

And no I'm not saying Rashford should be played in to form- let him be dropped.
Good start.

But there is absolutely cnuts here saying he has never done this, never done that, that he has always been shit and needs to be sold.

Absolute rubbish.
Not me. I was a big fan or Rashford. He was a great young player with lot of potential and a hard worker, he was really special. But now he play like Ronaldo at the prime but without his talent.

And you can't group "he has never done this, never done that, that he has always been shit" and "needs to be sold" as if they are the same. The former is objectively wrong as Rashford used to be (at least) very good, the later is reasonable if he keep on his current trend of laziness and disinterested.

Not a single bit of proof with what you right but I wrote 3.
You can cite 1000 sources but if it lack the necessary technical detail to actually support your point, then all your "source" is meaningless. As I said, if you want to go technical let's go technical. You can't half-ass science.

If you need "proof" to see that the current Rashford is lazy and not a hard worker then it's on you, not me.

I deleted that post because I made a new one.
But why? You are a full member, you don't have post limit like us pleb. But honestly I can guess why.

Now don't talk to me.

You win.
My post is not to about any "winning" again you, as I know what you are about with all the Rashford stuff.

9 Stone Elvis

Whether you have been pro-Rashford or not in the past its quite clear that he currently isnt at the required level and wasn't at the required level last season either. Regardless of reasons. We want to be at the elite level and we are quick to point out the deficiencies and lack of elite in other areas of the pitch (and the dugout) so to continue to defend Rashford seems at best a little strange. When was the last time he had a sustained level of performances that suggests he would be an integral name on the team sheet for a title winning side, which is presumably what we want to be?

We talk about Ronaldo and people talk about a lack of running and involvement but that he is the player you would most want a chance to fall to if you needed a win. Rashford for me currently is the opposite, he will run but thats about all you are getting and there seems question marks over that too.

Ive also seen people react badly to the "he needs to focus on his football" narrative but for me what needs to happen is that we as FANS need to focus on his football. Never mind that he is a lovely guy, never mind his off the field impact, never mind that he is a local lad and United fan lets judge him on what he's doing on the pitch - its not good enough and hasn't been for a long time.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I prefer Rashfold of old (or young?) when he was an exciting talent, you didn't know what you'd get out of him but you can bet he'll be making those runs and try to score a goal. He looks like he tends to overthink everything these days. Perhaps it explains why he plays better in a counter attack, he doesn't have a lot of time to think when that happens. That being said I don't believe he lost those talents overnight.

Stretford_End_17

Rashford can still flourish if he focuses 100% on his football like elite footballers and then he would need a technician to get the best out of him.

i still think he is a SS because he can run behind CBs and doesnt have creativy enough for a top winger.

Foxbatt

People talk about his running behind the defence. I think he has lost his pace. I think it was against Norwich or CP(cannot remember which one) that he stared in an offside position but still lost the foot race. He does not seem to have that pace anymore.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Because that's not allowed for obvious reason. Remember when Ole said he need to focus on his football (a totally reasonable request) and get abused for it?
To be fair , Ole was a dead man walking when he said that so fans were going to abuse him for anything. Rangnick would get no real criticism for dropping a player clearly out of form.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I am no medical expert so I wont get into it as we seem to have some have some world renown experts on both sides here.
I will say this though. We are the greatest club in the world and sometimes we act like the pub team who wont drop their best mate. If the reason Rashford is playing badly ( not sure myself) is this injury that needs a long rehabilitation before he is back to his best, is he really worth all that investment?
I will tell you one thing . Im 100% sure SAF would not have waited. He would have moved him on and rebuilt as he did so often. We seemed to accept this much more easily when we were all conquering but now glorify mediocrity because they were on a good run 2 years ago.
If its not injury related, give him a rest, bench him and when he comes on play him on the blooming left as he really cant play anywhere else. If he gets him form back he can do a job there but if he doesnt Im sorry but its good luck and goodbye.

jem

Rashford can still flourish if he focuses 100% on his football like elite footballers and then he would need a technician to get the best out of him.

i still think he is a SS because he can run behind CBs and doesnt have creativy enough for a top winger.
These thinly-veiled swipes at his activism are a bit tiring; most footballers keep pretty outside their day jobs - Rashford just happens to choose a pretty noble thing to focus on. The more worrying thing, in my opinion, is that he just might not be that good. He certainly hasn't kicked on the way in the way we all expected him to.

alexthelion

He is not a massive massive talent. The likes of Mbappe are and the guy is more iwobi than Mbappe. Never stood out at youth level and Been inconsistent all his career till date bar some purple patches. Was always overrated like hell. Never great at dribbling, Not great technically, never had great football IQ. Never had the raw footballing tools to command such reputation like he did/does. What he had was just abit of everything here and there glued by his explosiveness and desire. He had potential to be a very good player, yes but he is 24 already not a teenager anymore. He has like what 1-2 years before hitting his prime? And now he looks disinterested and sulky and lazy more than any other player. Even training and playing with his idol, role model and ultimate pro like Ronaldo doesn’t lit a fire under him then what do you expect to happen and how long utd should wait for him? Till he is 26 ? 28 ? I would give him this season to prove himself again max and after that it should be Danke and Auf wiedersehen. Tired of waiting for players for years to come good academy lad or not. Good riddance when they aren’t even bothered to atleast put some effort on the pitch.
Good post, but watch out, Rashford FC will be after you.

stw2022

All he needs to do is simply massively improve literally every aspect of his game

Mr PG

All the players get a clean slate. The likes of Rashford have never gotten top level coaching since lvg left. Give Ralf 3 mths with him then judge him.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
A sustained spell on the bench and time with a good coach to focus and direct him. He looks listless at the moment but there’s enough talent and raw physical attributes to get him back to the menace he was.

I don’t buy for one minute that his activism is the problem. Injuries, poor management, and the dilemma of his best position are far more to blame

BlueHaze

I've said it before but if our goal is to challenge for titles he's simply not good enough. Sorry if this offends anyone but sadly it's the truth. He's not a kid anymore and only a few years away from being in his prime age for a footballer. In Greenwood I see a different type of talent, someone who can definitely be counted on, two footed, better all around play and much better finishing also much younger.

Stig

Manchester United and England forward Marcus Rashford, 24, is open to signing for Barcelona.

I actually laughed when I read this, but good luck to him and them if he goes. He is not cutting it at United, at the moment, and I'm not sure he or we know exactly what sort of player he is. So maybe this will re-awaken his interest or whatever needs.

0/10 chance of it happening.

Devil’s Trident

Whether people want to accept it or not but he is becoming more of a problem than a solution for us and that’s not based on this season alone. He isn’t a teenager anymore and he isn’t inexperienced . He is 24 with 6 years of top level senior football under his belt. He is more experienced than many 26-27 yrs old. When should the penny drop ? Or we just let it slide and give him a free pass forever meanwhile pointing fingers at other players for the same issues regarding lack of effort and inconsistencies?

I look at bayern wingers Gnabry, Coman, Sane and then I look at rashford. I thought he was a level above those 3-4 yrs back.They might not have hit rashford numbers in a season but you see the consistency in their game. Rashford haven’t even got the basics right. Him entering the final third everytime and suddenly becoming clueless and comically losing the ball everytime is a work of art that would leave your mouth open. The guy needs to spend a lot of time on the training pitch like a lot. He needs to be really serious and careful here because he might not realise it but he is in danger of turning from an asset to a liability. Time is ticking and it doesn’t wait for anyone and neither should Manchester United if we want to be where we should be.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Whether people want to accept it or not but he is becoming more of a problem than a solution for us and that’s not based on this season alone. He isn’t a teenager anymore and he isn’t inexperienced . He is 24 with 6 years of top level senior football under his belt. He is more experienced than many 26-27 yrs old. When should the penny drop ? Or we just let it slide and give him a free pass forever meanwhile pointing fingers at other players for the same issues regarding lack of effort and inconsistencies?

I look at bayern wingers Gnabry, Coman, Sane and then I look at rashford. I thought he was a level above those 3-4 yrs back.They might not have hit rashford numbers in a season but you see the consistency in their game. Rashford haven’t even got the basics right. Him entering the final third everytime and suddenly becoming clueless and comically losing the ball everytime is a work of art that would leave your mouth open. The guy needs to spend a lot of time on the training pitch like a lot. He needs to be really serious and careful here because he might not realise it but he is in danger of turning from an asset to a liability. Time is ticking and it doesn’t wait for anyone and neither should Manchester United if we want to be where we should be.
I can see a Lingard-esque ‘he’s young, he’ll come good’ refrain start to build for Rashford here very soon.

Bebestation

Rashford in the Bundesliga would be absolutely insane.

All that space given by the German DNA high line.

Just was thinking about how low Rashford is viewed by United fans and was wondering how some United fans think so highly of Timo Werner who has not had a single season of Rashford's.

Literally just a month since he turned from 23 to 24 and people are saying he is too old and useless.

Love you Rashford! Good enjoyable young player that has just gone from Plan A to Plan B.

So so so many players out of form - either a drop of level compared to last seasons performances, some not even available, or have never been in form ever - Shaw, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Bruno, VDB, Martial, Cavani, Sancho, Pogba etc -

Yet people act like Rashford is the only one who is performing shit.

No replies please. I moan more so often at the fans than I do at the players every chance I get.

Jackal981

Manchester United and England forward Marcus Rashford, 24, is open to signing for Barcelona.

I actually laughed when I read this, but good luck to him and them if he goes. He is not cutting it at United, at the moment, and I'm not sure he or we know exactly what sort of player he is. So maybe this will re-awaken his interest or whatever needs.

0/10 chance of it happening.
Xavi will kill him in his first training session with Barca :lol:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Rashford is going to cost Barcelona all the money so there is no chance of this happening, period

Swiss_Red89

Bullshit and hyperbole in here imo.
Selling Rashford...well of course. I know where you guys're coming from but you should all agree that he has the special moment in ihm all the time. He could well explode in 22 for Club&Country.

A lot poster in here will prefer to hammer him after every missplaced pass or shot. I for one will continue to support him and help him to fulfill his potential. And it's not even about Mason vs Marcus as I'm sure the lads can and will play togerher.

stw2022

Bullshit and hyperbole in here imo.
Selling Rashford...well of course. I know where you guys're coming from but you should all agree that he has the special moment in ihm all the time. He could well explode in 22 for Club&Country.

A lot poster in here will prefer to hammer him after every missplaced pass or shot. I for one will continue to support him and help him to fulfill his potential. And it's not even about Mason vs Marcus as I'm sure the lads can and will play togerher.
He’s been a regular for six years. Still talking about “potential” is a red flag. Yes he’s ‘only’ 24 but he’s had enough exposure and experience that he should be well on his way to looking like the well-rounded, top-level footballer we hoped him to be. I’m sorry but it’s delusional to think he’s anywhere close and that’s a worry for an increasing number of fans

9 Stone Elvis

Rashford in the Bundesliga would be absolutely insane.

All that space given by the German DNA high line.

Just was thinking about how low Rashford is viewed by United fans and was wondering how some United fans think so highly of Timo Werner who has not had a single season of Rashford's.

Literally just a month since he turned from 23 to 24 and people are saying he is too old and useless.

Love you Rashford! Good enjoyable young player that has just gone from Plan A to Plan B.

So so so many players out of form - either a drop of level compared to last seasons performances, some not even available, or have never been in form ever - Shaw, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Bruno, VDB, Martial, Cavani, Sancho, Pogba etc -

Yet people act like Rashford is the only one who is performing shit.

No replies please. I moan more so often at the fans than I do at the players every chance I get.
This is a thread about Rashford not Werner, who do you expect people to be talking about? I haven't seen the fanbase not criticising the other players either in fact Maguire, Shaw and Wan Bissaka have come in for a particular hammering. Again though Rashford is the topic of the thread.

"No replies please"? Hilarious.

ShinjiNinja26

On current form no chance, he’s been terrible since coming back. On his day he’s a great player but like many of our squad they lack consistency and the good performances are few and far between.

Bebestation

This is a thread about Rashford not Werner, who do you expect people to be talking about? I haven't seen the fanbase not criticising the other players either in fact Maguire, Shaw and Wan Bissaka have come in for a particular hammering. Again though Rashford is the topic of the thread.

"No replies please"? Hilarious.
And again, discuss about him all you want but the absolute cnuts who want to leave are not getting their Xmas present!! Loving it elvis!!! :drool:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think his link-up play needs to improve. It would improve his lower level and raise his ceiling. His biggest issue is that he is so poor on an off day. Improving his link-up play (and his decision making some) would help alot.

I really think he has been awful coached for the greater part of his professional career. Currently, he is far from reaching his potential.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
People comparing rashford to players who have not contributed nearly as much to their teams. Last season he was terrible and contributed a crap ton of goals and assists. Does that not warrant a chance to settle? He is far and away a critical problem in this team.

MasterCode

The manager is asking an obvious bum to line winger. To play with his back to goal which is odd. Personally I am seeing flaws with Ragnick, hopefully he can adjust his tactics to his players and not the other way round. Personally his comments about Greenwood were also alarming. I think Ragnicks time here may end up in tears, still give him benefit of the doubt and back RR.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Not sure there is even such a thing as a 'regular starter'. Ronaldo is the only striker we have at the club that resmebles that description, the rest rotate as necessary.

Greenwood, Rashford, Sancho and Cavani are pretty much equal in the pecking order. You could throw Martial and Lingard in that group I guess.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He’s been a regular for six years. Still talking about “potential” is a red flag. Yes he’s ‘only’ 24 but he’s had enough exposure and experience that he should be well on his way to looking like the well-rounded, top-level footballer we hoped him to be. I’m sorry but it’s delusional to think he’s anywhere close and that’s a worry for an increasing number of fans
He’s starting to morph into Lingard mk. 2 with his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.