Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Even after Norwich there were a few apologists left

Have you changed your minds or do you stick by your convictions?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I'm totally against him since a few months back, but can you really blame today's conceded goals on him? Memphis stupidity and a wonder goal.

We created a few chances but we shouldn't have had conceded like that.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Let him stay till the end of the season. He can sort this out in January with a few signings here and their. BELIEVE!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
In a must win game, we created a few chances... ha

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I'm totally against him since a few months back, but can you really blame today's conceded goals on him? Memphis stupidity and a wonder goal.

Going into the match did you think we'd win?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
he is building foundation for the manager who is going to do something in 10 years.....leave Louie alone!

Zoo

Some of our players are spineless that has to be said.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Even if we hadn't conceded any goals, our performance was awful enough to warrant the same post-match reaction.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Someone mentioned it on here previously, but it summed up my thoughts on him. LvG never fully won me over. My faith in him was based on his track record and my hopes, but he never really earned my unquestionable support. That was pretty much how last season went throughout. A few reasons to get excited, but mostly it was a case of hoping for what might be. Since then it's only got worse. Any hope I did have has been exhausted.

Rossa

watch MUTV mate
Still defending him? Well, I think he may rectify a lot with good January signings. How he avoided buying wingers is beyond me, but surely he sees that we need that now. Our team went from being one of the fastest in the league to this. Didn't Adam outpace Mata today? Shocking

Raw

The only reason for sticking with LVG I can think of is that they don't think there's a manager available to fix this mess.

That's it. LVG has no other leg to stand on. We're boring, we're not winning and we've spent a shit load of money to achieve this.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
We were beaten by a Memphis brain fart and an absolute worldie.....

....and still, we looked absolutely shit. How can we look so toothless? I feel for Van Gaal because even though we didn't deserve the win today, I feel the players just couldn't be fecked today. He needs to go. A sad end.

vidic blood & sand

He is a great manager, and I would like him to stay till the end of the season, but I think he's finished. Pretty sure Woodward will sack him tonight / tomorrow.
Looks probable we'lll install Mourinho (God I hope I'm wrong). And he'll probably be in the stand watching against Chelsea.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Going into the match did you think we'd win?
Not really no, but we did alright in this game. A few chances (Herrera shot, Fellaini sitter in the first half, Herrera header, Fellaini sitter in the second half, Memphis chance) and they get a wonder goal and a jammy goal.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
After spending soo much and not even complementing our poor result with attractive football, it is hard to believe their is someone left that will back him. I would support him if we at least produce attractive football and had the same result, but we have been counter-productive in nearly every front beside keeping possession and earlier this season having a solid defense.

Skills

Snitch
Oh I'm sure there's plenty. There is a lot of very, very stupid people in the world. And we inevitably have got our fair share of them.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Feel he was betrayed a bit today. Depay really screwed him over with his antics.
But then again, he did sign the player.

I don't know. One one hand I'd like to see what he would do if got those "speedy wingers " he's been banging on about in January. More pace up front to support Martial would be transformative.

Then again, Mourinho wouldn't let someone like Depay anywhere near the team...

mu77

we can't score. teams that don't score don't win. i accept the job. thank you.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
The buck falls with LVG, but it has to be said that our players are completely spineless.

It was fairly clear in Fergusons last few years, but he was that good that he could still win.

It was clear during Moyes, but he was that bad that we all wanted to cast a blind eye and ignore it and blame it all on Moyes (more in hope).

And it's clear again during LVGs reign.

The key point though is LVG spent a shed load of money to sort it out but he hasn't. Also, his methods clearly aren't working to help our players whom also have a complete lack of confidence as well as the fact that they are spineless.

Ultimately a combination of the two but it falls on LVG.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Nobody can defend him. He has to go.

But it's wishful thinking to believe that things will massively improve if we put Giggs in charge or Jose.

The squad is full of gutless wonders or players past it . Many of them LVG signings.

We are continuously in a cycle of needed at least 6 players ever summer transfer window since 2014.

If I were a fan of another club and you offered me the choice of any Uniteds senior players in the January window only De Gea,Smalling,Shaw,Herrera and Martial would get me any way excited.

A terrible sad ending for LVG.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My problem is that these players have underperformed vis a vis potential. Todays tactics did not debate us, it was players not performing. Of course that is ultimately the managers job to crate the right system and motivate players to play with confidence. But it was again self committed errors and very poor finishing that cost us. Im not sure how a new manager magically changes that problem in the space of 2 games.

Oneunited26

Still defending him? Well, I think he may rectify a lot with good January signings. How he avoided buying wingers is beyond me, but surely he sees that we need that now. Our team went from being one of the fastest in the league to this. Didn't Adam outpace Mata today? Shocking
How he avoided buying a few more defenders and forwards is beyond me, relying on smalling and Jones to stay fit, and using blind has a CB. We sell rafeal Evans VP Hernandez let falcao go and none of them are replaced, misusing of Herrera, this run of form is has bad as Moyes