g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is there anyone left who wants to defend lvg now?

NessunDorma

Every single one of our players has looked average to poor for a good while now. Even De Gea isn't saving as many as he was.

We've either spent £100s of millions - the deerest squad in the league - on absolute garbage. Or the players are being badly mismanaged.

It's the latter for me.

Jagga7

To spend about 200 mill on players and be this inept is quite the achievement. Bravo Louis!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Still defending him? Well, I think he may rectify a lot with good January signings. How he avoided buying wingers is beyond me, but surely he sees that we need that now. Our team went from being one of the fastest in the league to this. Didn't Adam outpace Mata today? Shocking
Not me mate but the people on MUTV are defending him

Esquire

Still defending him? Well, I think he may rectify a lot with good January signings. How he avoided buying wingers is beyond me, but surely he sees that we need that now. Our team went from being one of the fastest in the league to this. Didn't Adam outpace Mata today? Shocking
Actually Macari is laying into the team. Saying there is no identity and the players are not pulling their weight. Obviously he can't criticise LVG but you can see on his face how pissed he is and how much he wants to say LVG out.:D

Man-United

His last answer in the interview seem to me he's been told that he needed to get two wins to keep his job as he didn't say they (the board) were still behind him after today.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not really no, but we did alright in this game. A few chances (Herrera shot, Fellaini sitter in the first half, Herrera header, Fellaini sitter in the second half, Memphis chance) and they get a wonder goal and a jammy goal.
Therein lies the problem doesn't it

Esquire

Watching MUTV LVG post match: "as you can see we fought until the end..."

vidic blood & sand

Actually Macari is laying into the team. Saying there is no identity and the players are not pulling their weight. Obviously he can't criticise LVG but you can see on his face how pissed he is and how much he wants to say LVG out.:D
Is there some totti presenter in the studio with Macari?

Rossa

How he avoided buying a few more defenders and forwards is beyond me, relying on smalling and Jones to stay fit, and using blind has a CB. We sell rafeal Evans VP Hernandez let falcao go and none of them are replaced, misusing of Herrera, this run of form is has bad as Moyes
Everyone could see it. We are unlucky as hell with injuries at the back; Shaw, Darmian and Rojo could all be first XI, and then there is Valencia as well. Attack is a whole different question as we are so light up front that it is truly ridiculous. Selling Hernandez without bringing in more quality is an atrocious decision on its own merit.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Therein lies the problem doesn't it
Yes it does, but there's a difference between this match and Bournemouth, Norwich, PSV, Wolfsburg, CSKA, Arsenal

That is what I'm trying to say, however, overall, he should be sacked.

Everest Red

Reddest ever
I'm totally against him since a few months back, but can you really blame today's conceded goals on him? Memphis stupidity and a wonder goal.

We created a few chances but we shouldn't have had conceded like that.
That's a familiar story, friendo

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Even after Norwich there were a few apologists left

Have you changed your minds or do you stick by your convictions?
For what it's worth I believe we should be looking to replace him with a top manager asap. What I still disagree with are those that calll him clueless and feel he is content with the football we are playing. For whatever reason he's unable to translate what he wants to the players. Whether that's down to poor man management, players who are unsuited or good enough to do what he is asking, whether the players have lost faith in him or a combination of them all, I don't know - but to suggest he wants to watch uninspiring football or that he has no idea what's going on is taking it too far. I just don't believe he's a good match for our club, it happens.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
he's not the only one though.

We keep on going about Chelsea players are mercenaries and dont mind getting a manager fired. Its sad to say, but regardless of van Gaal and his tactics , ours arent any better. They were disgraceful today.

This will annoy me whether LvG continues or not.

Riz

It's a very minor point but I don't understand how he's getting criticised now for not starting Rooney. Heck media and fans included were crying out for him to drop him for his poor performances and now when he does they say things like "you can't drop your captain it sends a message".

Moonred

There isn't anything left to defend him. I was fine with him as long as results were ok. The fact that he was never long terms has made it obvious to let him go. Both Moyes and Lvg for entirely different reasons are too rigid for their own good.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes they have to, it's a PR channel.....

hey wait...even Macari is defending him?
Im not referring to the commentators but the fans. Half of them seem to come straight from the mental house. FFS they are making Macari look like a critic

Devil may care

No matter where your view lies I think it's hard to argue against the notion that he has lost the players, there was zero spirit out there today.

Esquire

Maybe he has a Moyes iPad in his stupid leather binder and he was watching a game from Fergies time and got confused?
What pisses me off is how he can say that with a straight face. Some will say he can't say otherwise but man his act is just getting so weary.

Smores

At no point has he actually shown anything during his tenure. Plenty of average premier league managers could have come in and made us steady at the back, slow in possession and poor up front.

All the support has been based off a romantic notion that he could recreate the good parts of his career and ignore the reaaona behind his precious failures.