Isak Hansen-Aarøen | signs for Werner Bremen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

Our handling of youth players these days is pathetic. We either don't loan them proper or make no money out of them like we spent nothing developing them.
And we never have a manager who gives them a chance. The club always talks about "giving youth a chance", but it has as much truth as the club has a plan for the football department.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
And we never have a manager who gives them a chance. The club always talks about "giving youth a chance", but it has as much truth as the club has a plan for the football department.
I think ten Hag has been OK in that regard, Garnacho broke through quite quickly Mainoo would've played more if not for injury. Pellestri has had chances. Højlund included if we're generous. Mejbri could've played more and maybe Amad would've been played if he wasn't injured.

Mickson

I think ten Hag has been OK in that regard, Garnacho broke through quite quickly Mainoo would've played more if not for injury. Pellestri has had chances. Højlund included if we're generous. Mejbri could've played more and maybe Amad would've been played if he wasn't injured.
He hasn't really. Younger players than Mainoo play regularly at other clubs, like Miley at Newcastle, PSG, Barca. Mainoo is a top talent but EtH constantly plays McTominay instead of him. I promise you, every top manager in the world would've played Mainoo if they were at United now, but Ten Hag won't. Hannibal has barely played. Garnacho has and credit to EtH for that.

Thiagoal

He hasn't really. Younger players than Mainoo play regularly at other clubs, like Miley at Newcastle, PSG, Barca. Mainoo is a top talent but EtH constantly plays McTominay instead of him. I promise you, every top manager in the world would've played Mainoo if they were at United now, but Ten Hag won't. Hannibal has barely played. Garnacho has and credit to EtH for that.
I agree. Considering how obliterated our midfield has been and what an immense talent Mainoo is, he’s been criminally underutilised this past couple of months

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I blame our fans. I will never forget how our fans regularly abused LVG on here when he had a purposefully sparse senior squad So that he could regularly give our youth a chance. They hate him for it and claimed the likes of Rashford were given a chance fortuitously rather than by actual design

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I agree. Considering how obliterated our midfield has been and what an immense talent Mainoo is, he’s been criminally underutilised this past couple of months
He's been injured though and McTominay plays because he's one of the few players who scores. I'm not going to excuse ten Hag finding himself in this situation but I understand the logic. Perhaps if our attacking players scored we'd see Scott less as he was intended to be sold.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He’s been injured the past couple of months. He started a pretty big game when he was back vs Everton. I think he’s been managed well since his injury.

The same applies for Amad, we won’t know until he’s fit for minutes.

Sea-Cow

I blame our fans. I will never forget how our fans regularly abused LVG on here when he had a purposefully sparse senior squad So that he could regularly give our youth a chance. They hate him for it and claimed the likes of Rashford were given a chance fortuitously rather than by actual design
You reminded me of the mad bastard playing Paddy McNeal and Tyler Blackett away to Arsenal, and walking out of there with a win. Rooney's left footed chip was so beautiful.

And now look at the two sides and get depressed.

**Paddy McNair. My bad

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
For
You reminded me of the mad bastard playing Paddy McNeal and Tyler Blackett away to Arsenal, and walking out of there with a win. Rooney's left footed chip was so beautiful.

And now look at the two sides and get depressed.

**Paddy McNair. My bad
Exactly. Imagine that future had stuck with the quality of players we produced from the Angel Gomes. Tuanzebe clique on wards (sigh)

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
To be fair, Mainoo suffered a major injury in preseason.

Andersonson

This guy will not make it here , he simply aint good enough. Perhaps could get a decent career back home in Norway though

izec

He needs to leave, for the sake of his career. Playing in the reserves is not going to cut it, and he wont play in the first team. He is at a point, where he needs to go, seriously.

I rate him highly, but he is not a player that will make it here.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
To be fair, Miley only started as Newcastle literally had no one else to start.
Now Longstaffs back he will be back on the bench.
Whereas Mainoo will now get constant minutes even with most of our midfield fit

Red Star One

He’s 19 and a half, joined us over three years ago and never made a senior debut. Quite obvious he’ll be leaving

khoazany

He should move to the Dutch league, will do a Xavi Simons there I bet.

Tbh we never seem to know/being able to utilize his type of players. We don't even know where to play him at first team level for a start.

Thiagoal

I think he’s going to have an amazing career. Hope we insert a buy back clause

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Feck. I would never forgive ETH if he let this talented kid go and he make it big somewhere else.

Marwood

Why can't we do long term loans?

Let the player commit to a team for 2/3 years so they and the other club have some stability.

Then take it from there.

Andersonson

Feck. I would never forgive ETH if he let this talented kid go and he make it big somewhere else.
If he was that good he would've played. He would also be called up to the Norwegian national team, but it aint happening. He doesnt have that level. There are a lot of terrible midfielders being called up to the Norwegian national team by the way. I dont rate him

Macern

Pee pee pants
If he was that good he would've played. He would also be called up to the Norwegian national team, but it aint happening. He doesnt have that level. There are a lot of terrible midfielders being called up to the Norwegian national team by the way. I dont rate him
Norway don’t call up players who don’t play first team football though.

Mickson

Norway don’t call up players who don’t play first team football though.
He has barely played for the U21 though. He has a lot of hype here but he doesn't really do anything when he plays. A lot of neat touches but it isn't happening much. That's my biggest problem with him, he rarely influences or dominates a match. He has played 671 minutes this season and scored two goals and assisted none against poor opposition. Shoretire, who is i similar player at a similar age, has scored seven and assisted four.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If Salah and De Bruyne was that good at Chelsea they would have let them played there.

It’s not how it works for youngster and we all know that. It’s fine you don’t rate him now but I rate him highly. I think he would become worldclass midfielder in future.

Andersonson

If Salah and De Bruyne was that good at Chelsea they would have let them played there.

It’s not how it works for youngster and we all know that. It’s fine you don’t rate him now but I rate him highly. I think he would become worldclass midfielder in future.
Salah had played 90 odd senior games before he went to Chelsea. He was also loaned out to very good teams while he was there. It isnt like he didnt play games while he was owned by Chelsea.
Same with De Bruyne.

None of those played reserved football or rotting away. They played, just not for the clubs that owned them. They also played for their national teams. Isak must go, but he wont end up for clubs like Salah or De Bruyne. Maybe a mid tier club in The Netherlands or Belgium. Maybe even a Norwegian club.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Salah had played 90 odd senior games before he went to Chelsea. He was also loaned out to very good teams while he was there. It isnt like he didnt play games while he was owned by Chelsea.
Same with De Bruyne.

None of those played reserved football or rotting away. They played, just not for the clubs that owned them. They also played for their national teams. Isak must go, but he wont end up for clubs like Salah or De Bruyne. Maybe a mid tier club in The Netherlands or Belgium. Maybe even a Norwegian club.
But they are both not good enough for Chelsea. That’s the whole argument.

spenzo

Would be a big shame to see him go. Should have been sent on loan in the summer if he wasn’t going to be a part of the first team plans, ideally for a two year loan like Marwood said, with a recall clause.

As far as his potential, it’s always easier to predict a player won’t reach the top of the game than to say they will, doesn’t make anyone that says that a genius. It also doesn’t necessarily mean that the club wasn’t right to give them an opportunity in the first place.

KevinJoh

Kid is talented but nothing spectacular. Maybe he will get there in the future, but honestly I don't see where would he fit in our first team. Who should be benched or out of squad for him, as it is not like he is making wonders in U21 football.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Unless they're named Nyland…
Yeah:lol:
He has barely played for the U21 though. He has a lot of hype here but he doesn't really do anything when he plays. A lot of neat touches but it isn't happening much. That's my biggest problem with him, he rarely influences or dominates a match. He has played 671 minutes this season and scored two goals and assisted none against poor opposition. Shoretire, who is i similar player at a similar age, has scored seven and assisted four.
End product is often the last thing that is being developed for a player like that. That and physicality obviously.

Not going to compare him to Ødegaard, but seeing as they are somewhat similar stylistically, Ødegaard when he was the same age was on loan to Heerenveen and had absolutely no end product whilst you could see the undeniable talent there.

Again, not saying he’ll reach that level but who knows. A 19 year old playmaker lacking end product and goals/assists wouldn’t necessarily worry me.

In Rainbows

End product is often the last thing that is being developed for a player like that. That and physicality obviously.

Not going to compare him to Ødegaard, but seeing as they are somewhat similar stylistically, Ødegaard when he was the same age was on loan to Heerenveen and had absolutely no end product whilst you could see the undeniable talent there.

Again, not saying he’ll reach that level but who knows. A 19 year old playmaker lacking end product and goals/assists wouldn’t necessarily worry me.
End product at the senior level is the last thing to be developed. Senior level, not in youth matches. He's had a lot of hype on twitter for some odd reason. Probably the biggest case of someone who has more hype than performances.

I always felt any talented youth player must dominate youth matches for anyone to think he has a chance at United. Because even the ones that dominate are not a shoe in to make it at United. If you're not doing that bare minimum, chances are you won't make it. Gomes, Garner, Laird, Januzaj, Pereira, James Wilson, Pogba, Ravel, Mats Daehli, etc... all did better at youth level. McTominay is the rare case where that didn't happen. If Iqbal succeeds, you can add him to the list despite his obvious talent. However in his case, he took his chance in preseason catching the manager's attention.

Maybe he is able to harness that technical ability at the senior level. Could happen, but I've seen better players with the same type of technique fail to succeed at United's level.

Bojan Djordjic

I think a forward player who is not scoring goals at youth level is very concerning to be honest.

Mr Smith

That's wilfully untrue, Mainoo has played regularly since his return from injury, and has more often played alongside McTominay than been replaced by him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Right now: Age increases annually.
Once he signs an extension: Salary increases weekly.

jeepers

Seems like Gore is ahead of him in the ascension to first team football, since Gore got his debut first. Whilst I think he has the potential to be a Modric-type, unfortunately for him we seem to have the most talent in in midfield positions. I think leaving the club will be the best option for his career. I wish him all the best and I hope he does well wherever he goes, and perhaps one day if he develops into the player some of us think he can be, then he'll come back and play for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.