Ismael Bennacer

Blood Mage

Great player, definitely think we're Frenkie or bust this window though.

georgipep

Gotcha! Thanks! Is he one of the main contributors to Milan’s league success last season?
I got him in my current FM career, he's been very solid but I also got Kessie on the free (hmBarca never went for him)and he displaced him immediately.

Anyway, I've watched him a few times and he is the Verratti type. Smart, positional DM who can also dictate play

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If we can get Frenkie then we do all we can to get him IMO, everyone else is far below.

But if not, then I would love Bennacer tbh. Far better than Tielemans or Neves.

kidbob

Looks very good from what I've seen. Would be an astute signing if De Jong is off the table and the release clause should make it relatively straight forward to complete too. Also from what I've seen of the 2 of them I reckon signing him doesn't mean De Jong can't be revisited next year if circumstances around him are better. I do think they could compliment each other very well. Only thing is, I may be wrong, but I feel Bennacer is more of a Fred and Scott type, although better, and we'd still need that '6'. However signing him to play with one of Fred or Scott this season would be better than no midfield signing at all.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Would be a shrewd signing at that price, with or without de Jong.

reddevilz007

There aren't many teams with a big need for central midfielders, it's just United and Arsenal.

Don't see Arsenal spending 50mill on a player they let go for 6mill just 4 seasons ago.
Maybe they’ll do like us with Pogba

Adnan

Talent Spotter
@Adnan youre a fan of this guy right
He's a very good player and really came to the fore for Milan in the big games last season, which helped them win the title. But the problem with him is that he does miss games through injury and that is a concern.

But he's the correct profile of player who can be utilised in both a two and a 3 man midfield and provides a class and guile on the ball, without compromising on the defensive side of the game. Very mobile player who is press resistant with a low centre of gravity and a terrier like mentality to win the ball back. But unfortunately I think his injury record will count against him.

the_cliff

Would he leave AC for us? I doubt it.
I've seen an interview of his in Algeria when he was with the national team and he wants to play in England, he feels as if Arsenal never game him a fair chance and wants to prove that he can excel in the English game. It's probably why he's refusing to increase his Minimum release clause, despite Milan offering a better wage.

They are still negotiating the new contract though, Milan really want to keep him so can see him signing a new contract if no team comes in for him this summer.

city-puma

I got him in my current FM career, he's been very solid but I also got Kessie on the free (hmBarca never went for him)and he displaced him immediately.

Anyway, I've watched him a few times and he is the Verratti type. Smart, positional DM who can also dictate play
Interesting. It sounds like he has the right profile for ETH’s positional play system. Will watch more of him from YouTube.

city-puma

He's a very good player and really came to the fore for Milan in the big games last season, which helped them win the title. But the problem with him is that he does miss games through injury and that is a concern.

But he's the correct profile of player who can be utilised in both a two and a 3 man midfield and provides a class and guile on the ball, without compromising on the defensive side of the game. Very mobile player who is press resistant with a low centre of gravity and a terrier like mentality to win the ball back. But unfortunately I think his injury record will count against him.
From wiki, it says he played 31, 21, 31 league games over the last three seasons. Not bad but it’s a concern indeed if many small injuries. He is 24 which is a good one.

the_cliff

Interesting. It sounds like he has the right profile for ETH’s positional play system. Will watch more of him from YouTube.
Watch his performances against the big teams this season, Inter, Napoli etc. you'll be impressed.

city-puma

Watch his performances against the big teams this season, Inter, Napoli etc. you'll be impressed.
Just watched one video and saw his assist to Dalot :)
From that video, he looks like a more skillful McGuinn. We should go for him!

Yagami

Good post resistant
How is he defensively? That video made him look amazing.
Great. Better than Kessie and Tonali. Like Kanté in that, despite his size, he wins the ball back for fun.

Good at ball carrying, but is guilty of tunnel vision. Decent passing. Very one-footed.

E-mal

There aren't many teams with a big need for central midfielders, it's just United and Arsenal.

Don't see Arsenal spending 50mill on a player they let go for 6mill just 4 seasons ago.
We spent more for a player that left for free from our academy.

Sea-Cow

Great. Better than Kessie and Tonali. Like Kanté in that, despite his size, he wins the ball back for fun.

Good at ball carrying, but is guilty of tunnel vision. Decent passing. Very one-footed.
Thanks. Sounds like a great alternative if indeed Frenkie has no desire to join us.

OleGunnar20

Would be a terrific signing, especially at that price. Would he move from Milan though? They seem to be on the up and up.

croadyman

True. And unfortunately I am still waiting on someone at the club to call and ask my opinions on various targets. I will keep you posted.
Once Erik has that core of players in he trusts and aware of how he works, then expect a wider outlook on targets in future windows. Hopefully including people like him & RB Gusto as well

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Immense talent from what I’ve seen and I’ve watch more Milan games this season than any other club. Would add a lot of bite as well but his profile doesn’t work for me.
Main reason, he is injured half the time and 50% of the right players profile means being fit for games.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He looks like a aggressive, dynamic player with nibble footwork and good passing range, albeit abit one footed.

He's obviously not as aesthetically pleasing as FDJ but he sure seems to make up for that with his tenacity.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Saw him linked with Liverpool yesterday morning, although nothing credible fortunately. Have to wonder if we’ve even asked about him, he’s almost exactly what we need.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

Scott McTominay wins more in the air than Fabian Ruiz, Bennacer, Guido.

More forward passes, wins far more duels, long passes are very similar.

Bennacer is 25 in December, so he's hardly a young prospect. I can't really see immediate upgrades out there honestly.

Guido is 28, Ruiz is 26 and Bennacer is 25 soon. If I had to pick between them weighing up their contributions its probably Bennacer but that's purely to just get rid of Fred.

I think United need to go world class CDMs not just "minor upgrades".

The best 2 CDMs not at big clubs are Declan Rice or Brozovic (inter) but he's 29 years old. Personally break the bank for Rice but obviously people say he won't join United.

Fix the midfield for 8+ years is what the glazers should do.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Scott McTominay wins more in the air than Fabian Ruiz, Bennacer, Guido.

More forward passes, wins far more duels, long passes are very similar.

Bennacer is 25 in December, so he's hardly a young prospect. I can't really see immediate upgrades out there honestly.

Guido is 28, Ruiz is 26 and Bennacer is 25 soon. If I had to pick between them weighing up their contributions its probably Bennacer but that's purely to just get rid of Fred.

I think United need to go world class CDMs not just "minor upgrades".

The best 2 CDMs not at big clubs are Declan Rice or Brozovic (inter) but he's 29 years old. Personally break the bank for Rice but obviously people say he won't join United.

Fix the midfield for 8+ years is what the glazers should do.
He played nearly 1000 mins less than all of them bar Fred. If we signed him, It's basically saying we're happy to play McFred again when he inevitably gets injured.