Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Nation states have previous for claiming that catastrophic explosions are 'own goals'. They often deny, deny, deny, and then the truth seeps out some time later.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Clashes between Palestinians and Palestinian (PA) police in Ramallah.

ScholesyTheWise

Why would they gain nothing? They literally want everyone in Gaza City to evacuate. They've told the hospitals to evacuate, the hospitals have said they won't because of all the injured. Bombing it clears it out, and also sends a message to the other hospitals in the north. You give Israel way too much credit. I understand though as obviously you're in Israel so you see things differently, but I wish you could see the amount of damage they cause and all the slaughter they've perpetuated through another person's eyes.
Oh I think I can see the damage and slaughter from an outside perspective. It's a perspective I find myself agreeing with plenty.
If I hadn't, It would be both impossible and futile to keep taking part in this thread.

We know that Israel wants the parts of Gaza to be completely empty of people above ground because this is where they think Hamas is at, probably below ground. Sure, some people won't evacuate, whether they don't want to or whether they can't, because they are hospitalized for example.
I think bombing a hospital, even if it allows for another spot in Gaza to be emptied of people (in the most horrific way) and helps Israel with the evacuation of other hospitals because people will leave them if they can....

Still, the demonstrations that'll lead to are going to be huge, and even though many posters in this thread think it won't matter,
I think it can. I think it can make Western leaders pressurized by their own people to such an extent that they won't support Israel 100% anymore, and will, in turn, pressurize Israel to not tear the shit out of Gaza.

There's no point to invade Gaza in the first place if you can't fight there until you destroy/dismantle Hamas from its capabilities.
Israel won't be able to stay in Gaza for weeks/months without Western support.

We'll see.

BarstoolProphet

Nation states have previous for claiming that catastrophic explosions are 'own goals'. They often deny, deny, deny, and then the truth seeps out some time later.
Has a nation ever been accused of something close to this before? I remember US bombed a hospital in Afghanistan, but we were told it was pretty clear it was a mistake and much wasn't made of it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Has a nation ever been accused of something close to this before? I remember US bombed a hospital in Afghanistan, but we were told it was pretty clear it was a mistake and much wasn't made of it.
I wouldn't say close to this, but if I recall correctly Saudi Arabia changed their story multiple times after the Khashoggi killing.

Simbo

Here it is, looks like the missile just breaks apart and lands on the hospital. Poster from his follow up tweets is somehow trying to claim Israel intercepted it somehow while they were targeting the hospital.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We bombed the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade in 1999, but only a handful of Chinese nationals were killed & it was quickly forgotten.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
For over a week, it's been nonstop Hamas this, Hamas that. All of a sudden, it's Islamic Jihad.

Smells fishy to me, to be honest.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Here is is, looks like the missile just breaks apart and lands on the hospital. Poster from his follow up tweets is somehow trying to claim Israel intercepted it somehow while they were targeting the hospital.

Others also commenting on this.

Sweet Square

The video that the Israeli twitter account posted to accompany their claim has been accidentally deleted whilst editing the tweet.
It’s likely got deleted because the footage they were showing happened 30 - 40 minutes after reports of the hospital attack.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I posted a few pages back, first thing that came to mind was the Qana massacre in Lebanon in 1996, committed by Israel.

ScholesyTheWise

NATO has probably been accused of similar stuff back in the bombings of Yugoslavia...

Not sure it's true though. Not sure it matters, to be honest.

Fergies Gum

BBC News had a guest on who has said another Israel missile had caused minor damage to this same facility a few days ago.

Halftrack

If it was a failed rocket launch the rocket could still have a lot of unburnt rocket propellant onboard that would make it's impact much more devastating compared to only the warhead reaching it's target.
We have plenty of data on misfires of Hamas and Islamic Jihad misfires, and none of them have caused a fraction of the destruction of this blast. Israel claimed back in 2022 that a fifth of over 1000 rockets fired from Gaza misfired. The deathtoll? 14. And now they want us to believed one rocket leveled a hospital and killed over 500?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The one source disagrees also

Indeed, the one source itself disagrees.

Good to remember there was intense discussion on the Crimea bridge explosion of October last year. So it's not out of the ordinary that people have different explanations.

Rooney24

Just not buying that a misfired rocket on the Gaza side caused this.

Never heard of anything like that happening before to this level and then to land right smack in the middle of the hospital is one hell of a coincidence.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh, God. The video of the dead little children in the hospital garden is utterly devastating.
:(

Thank you for the heads up. I won't watch that. May they RIP.

Halftrack

I need to repeat; Hamas and Islamic Jihad uses homemade rockets with small warheads and homemade fuel. There have been dozens, if not hundreds of misfires over the last few years, and all of them combined haven't managed to do as much damage as this one. It is extremely dubious, one might say impossible even, that this was caused by Qassam/al-Quds rocket.