Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

stevoc

I'm seeing a lot of concerned politicians now after all the destruction and the massacres that happened with their help.

Funny enough that suggestion from Cameron isn't much different from what Hamas wanted in the latest talks.
It's a fight is it?

I love the wording these shameless wankers use "a pause in the fighting". When "a brutal indiscriminate bombing campaign against a civilian population" would be more accurate.

gfactor86

Hamas only really exists due to Israeli terrorism. It's a direct reaction to decades of brutal occupation and oppression. Removing that, and ensuring statehood for Palestinians, the right to return for their refugees, and equality, plurality and security would make Hamas obsolete overnight.
In a perfect world yes. But there will always be extremist factions of the Palestinians that want Israel eradicated and factions on the far right in Israel that want the land back. It is hard to imagine a world where the two can co-exist peacefully.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
For those that are atheist you might struggle to reconcile the existence of God. But watching the USA and Israel surely you believe in the existence of the Devil now? He has made himself known and has amassed his followers.
I'm really struggling to understand what point you're trying to get at here.

The last thing I think when looking at this absolute destitution is that there's definitely some kind of omnipotent God in the style of the Abrahamic religions and the various follow on acts that come with him (ie Angels/ Devils/Djinn).

Unless I guess if you're a particularly vindictive religious Jew who's seeing it in the context of this being God's punishment to those who dare attack Jews.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Israel says international Rafah calls are 'complicit with Hamas' strategy'
The Israeli goverment has accused Western leaders urging Israel not to proceed with military operations in Rafah of being "complicit with Hamas's human shields' strategy".

"In telling Israel not to attack because civilians will be hurt, but then resisting efforts to get civilians out of harm's way, they have rendered themselves complicit with Hamas’ human shields strategy," said Israeli government spokesman Eylon Levy.

"The United Nations and international actors now face a fateful choice. Do they want to save Hamas or save Palestinian civilians?" added Levy.
Make it make sense. To save Palestinian civilians, we must slaughter Palestinian civilians in the one place they're currently clustered.

Even the Western governments are now apparently Hamas sympathisers.

Giggsyking

I have never heard of this term hit in the head by a bullet. Its not like you can hold a bullet with your own hands and throw it at someone.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
The language used is what I’m finding the most infuriating.

The UN Human Rights chief said an attack on Rafah would be ‘terrifying’. How about as human rights chief, you actually come out and say it’d be a crime against humanity to bomb Rafah and kill civilians. Why not say that? Insteadthey just cower and watch meekly tutting loudly in the background.

Lord Cameron, British foreign minister says they should ‘stop and think seriously’, like it’s a child away to throw a stone through a window.

Nobody has the balls to call this what it is in the West, that’s what’s so fecking abhorrent about this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The language used is what I’m finding the most infuriating.

The UN Human Rights chief said an attack on Rafah would be ‘terrifying’. How about as human rights chief, you actually come out and say it’d be a crime against humanity to bomb Rafah and kill civilians. Why not say that? Insteadthey just cower and watch meekly tutting loudly in the background.

Lord Cameron, British foreign minister says they should ‘stop and think seriously’, like it’s a child away to throw a stone through a window.

Nobody has the balls to call this what it is in the West, that’s what’s so fecking abhorrent about this.
It's exactly what it is. Useless parents that have been indulging their little prat for decades. The prat hasn't grown up, it hasn't learned any decency or respect for anything.

Idxomer

It's exactly what it is. Useless parents that have been indulging their little prat for decades. The prat hasn't grown up, it hasn't learned any decency or respect for anything.
And they still don't want to take their toys away.

Sweet Square

The "both" crowd is the worst.
The both sides crowd are the most annoying but it does leave some hope they could change their minds. A lot of people will still have no idea what’s going on in Gaza.

Anyone picking Israel is a lost cause.

Giggsyking

The ICC is finally and after 4 months of massacres decided to wake up, I cant say I am hopeful of anything of them.

Just for the Information. ICC go after individuals not states.

Idxomer

The both sides crowd are the most annoying but it does leave some hope they could change their minds. A lot of people will still have no idea what’s going on in Gaza.

Anyone picking Israel is a lost cause.
The bothsidesism annoys me to no end but yeah I wasn't serious about them being the worst.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Yes he himself said it. He was talking here about the prophecy of building the third temple, which imply the destruction of the Aqsa mosque.
Found this interesting:

Sweet Square

Found this interesting:

There’s a crazy section in Johnathan Wilson book about Argentina football(Angels With Dirty Faces)where the dictatorship guards pause the executions and watch the 1978 World Cup final with political prisoners. After the match ends the guards continue the killing.

Idxomer

Laundering genocide is the best term for what politicians in places like the UK, the US, and Germany have done.

All of them are proof that the colonial mentality of these countries never went away.

Laurencio

And they still don't want to take their toys away.
The US has to be very careful about how they go about doing that. If they end their military protection of Israel, or even appear to be considering it, that could risk Iran and others wanting to try to exploit the situation, and cause more instability and more conflict. The next logical step is to put politicians with genocide rethoric on the sanctions list. It's not going to be enough, or satisfy anyone, but it would be an historic step to take and line up a path towards putting Nettanyahu himself on a future sanctions list.

They have to do it step by step though, they can't be seen as abandoning or going against Israel.

Idxomer

Palestinians as dogs, “hatred” and “violence” written on them, anti-Semitism as a woman with a keffiyeh. And the supposed company that kisses her hand.

At the carnival parade in Cologne, this is the “surprise wagon”. As if it were a surprise that racism is rolling across our streets. Completely crazy distortion of reality and dehumanization of Palestinians. It is Nazi trivialization when anti-Semitism is blamed on Palestinians. And it is the worst demonizing racism when Palestinians are portrayed as hateful chain dogs. It is a slap in the face to all people who fight against the AfD to act as if our society is threatened by Palestinians. And it is a perverse lie to pretend that we stand out by showing special respect for Palestinians.

This car says one thing: the Palestinians are evil and respecting them makes you Nazis. Rabble-rousing.

“Back in society”? This racism never went away. In the delusion of solidarity with Israel, it is now clearly visible.

Last edited:

ZupZup

Biden can say what he's like, but he's too pathetic to put sanctions on Israel like western countries should be doing if they had any moral compass. Instead they say the usual platitudes whilst doing nothing as Israel commits atrocity after atrocity.

Nobody should pretend that any of these countries has a moral authority to preach to anyone in future.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Biden can say what he's like, but he's too pathetic to put sanctions on Israel like western countries should be doing if they had any moral compass. Instead they say the usual platitudes whilst doing nothing as Israel commits atrocity after atrocity.

Nobody should pretend that any of these countries has a moral authority to preach to anyone in future.
That's quite an understatement, and inaccurate really. The US is fully complicit in the genocide supplying weapons, UNSC vetos, funding and overall protection. It is as much a US genocide as it is a zionist genocide. The UK and the EU are complicit too.