Issa Diop

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Apparently Milenkovic has a £100m price tag on his head. I think the reality is that clubs know how rich we are and how desperate we are, they can charge us whatever they like.
Milenkovic for £100m? that's news to me.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's all just made up crap to get people to tune in, no one from our club is gong to call them on it.

Same goes for all the rubbish about Maguire's valuation recently.

Scholsey2004

Issa Diop wouldn't make much sense. We need a centre back who's good in possession. Diop is more of a smalling type.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Get the feeling Rojo would be player going to West Ham, they have a few South Americans in their squad.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
People seem to get shocked by valuations every year. Why would West Ham sell for £45m? What are they going to do with it.

BlueHaze

Yup my point exactly, there always will be - we just need to be better at getting them ey.
I agree. Though thinking about it the two I mentioned might actually be bad examples because I suspect both of them would have quite high fees actually. :lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£45 million plus a defender worth probably £15 million. So £60 million for this nobody.

Just pay £20 million more and get Maguire if De Ligt is not an option.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm starting to get a little nervous now. The transfer strategy is clearly not any different. Probably getting blown off by some targets and for others clubs are taking the Michael because they know it's us they are dealing with.

I really want these parasites and their yes man Woodward to feck off forever. Please can we have some people running the club who aren't a total and utter joke.

arthurka

Now thats something I would like to see..
Rojo and Jones would love it at West Ham.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
£45m was always going to be rejected. I’d pay £70m for him. He isn’t a ball-player, but he can certainly improve a bit in that area. He’s potentially a Van Dijk of a defender for me. Great size and athleticism. It’s rare you can get it all, people seem to want a Sumo wrestler with the touch of a ballerina.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
£45m was always going to be rejected. I’d pay £70m for him. He isn’t a ball-player, but he can certainly improve a bit in that area. He’s potentially a Van Dijk of a defender for me. Great size and athleticism. It’s rare you can get it all, people seem to want a Sumo wrestler with the touch of a ballerina.
Yokozuna would've been perfect for the role, but he's sadly retired.. Not many balls would've got past that fella..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There are still players like that out there, Milenkovic and Upamecano for example.
And Konaté, I'm sure that every poster that follow closely other leagues will have players to mention. Diop wasn't hidden.

OleGunnar20

I agree. Though thinking about it the two I mentioned might actually be bad examples because I suspect both of them would have quite high fees actually. :lol:
Ha, maybe so but the point stands. Hell I'd go 50-60m for either of those two ahead of Maguire at 80m any day of the week.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
It’s not exactly rational, but what puts me off Diop is the fact that Jose singled him out for praise after we played West Ham last season.

OleGunnar20

Milenkovic, Konate, Tah, Andersen, Romagnoli. There's quite a few that we can bring in that probably wouldn't cost as much as what West Ham or Leicester are asking for.
I'd have thought Tah, Romagnoli and Milenkovic at least would likely be more expensive but of course, it's all guesswork.

Not seen anything of Konate but have seen his name here and there, what kind of a CB is he?

For the record Tah would be my first choice this year, would combine well with Lindelof I reckon.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
It’s not exactly rational, but what puts me off Diop is the fact that Jose singled him out for praise after we played West Ham last season.
I know he played the chuckle brothers during his tenure with us and the Bailly signing hasn't worked out, but there's still not many managers I'd trust identifying a good centre back more than I would José.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd have thought Tah, Romagnoli and Milenkovic at least would likely be more expensive but of course, it's all guesswork.

Not seen anything of Konate but have seen his name here and there, what kind of a CB is he?

For the record Tah would be my first choice this year, would combine well with Lindelof I reckon.
Konate is a quick imposing CB with good concentration for the position. His only weakness is on the ball where his passing needs to improve.

I like Tah and he looks a player that could develop into a real dominant force because he has all the attributes required for a top CB.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I know he played the chuckle brothers during his tenure with us and the Bailly signing hasn't worked out, but there's still not many managers I'd trust identifying a good centre back more than I would José.
Jose identified Milenkovic from Fiorentina according to Di Marzio.

northender

Supports
Preston North End
Agree. From a neutral perspective, maybe some United fans shouldn't get so hung up on the price and value of potential signings.

Liverpool broke 2 records to sign Alisson and Van Dijk. Fabinho was almost £50m. Nobody cared about price or value for money when they were lifting the Champions League trophy.

There's no such thing as cheap fixes or signings now for big clubs, if they want good players they have to pay top money, and that's what United have to get over and start paying the fees, otherwise they can expect more seasons like last season and a continual failure to improve the first team during transfer windows.

NJM78

The only thing I can say for this link is at least it’s not Maguire.

Why not go for Konate or Upamecano.

Much better footballers than Diop.
I think we are obsessed with Premier league proven targets. We have a team full of premier league experience which has got us nowhere fast.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Apparently Milenkovic has a £100m price tag on his head. I think the reality is that clubs know how rich we are and how desperate we are, they can charge us whatever they like.
I like Milenkovic from what I've seen, not seen shedloads of him... few game highlights, Youtube. Decent pace, good tackling/timing, good in the air.

not see anything about £100m and doubt Fiorentina would hold out for anywhere near that much. Wouldn't be the instant player Koulibaly or Slabhead would be, but if he improves/settles, would be younger and cheaper.

Dante

Average bang
Jose is arguably the best defensive manager in the history of football. Just because he fecked up the man management side of things at United, that doesn't mean he's lost his eye for ability. Knowledge and understanding doesn't suddenly disappear in your mid-fifties.

meninred

he is very young like 22..played for France under all youth levels..potential for to be a France center back but west jam paid 22 million for him
so maybe he costs 50-60 million. Maynot be bad idea if he has the potential.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Annoyingly they used to be very good.

Ten years ago, when Skysports broke a news story, you knew it was true.

Now you can genuinely ignore it because it’s always nothing
That's because they had their sister company, NOTW hack into phones to double check on the sources.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
barely even heard of this guy... I guess that's how low we have sunk

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
barely even heard of this guy... I guess that's how low we have sunk
It says more about you than the club. Diop has been a standout youth player and was a key member of the U19 team that won the Euro in 2016.

Joseunited

It says more about you than the club. Diop has been a standout youth player and was a key member of the U19 team that won the Euro in 2016.
It says a lot about the mentality of a lot of our supporters lately.

sherrinford

Why was £45m always going to be rejected? They paid £22m for him a year ago. Offering a player on top of that or going up to £70m is quite mad, and just sheer greed from West Ham if that’s what they want.

I like him. Physically complete, which is relatively rare. And you’re right, you can’t get everything.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why was £45m always going to be rejected? They paid £22m for him a year ago. Offering a player on top of that or going up to £70m is quite mad, and just sheer greed from West Ham if that’s what they want.

I like him. Physically complete, which is relatively rare. And you’re right, you can’t get everything.
Maybe they want to keep their best players and progress. Their best XI is not far behind us. £45m doesn't get a lot these days, they won't get every signing like Diop right.