It’s not EtH’s tactics…..the players are fecking lazy

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I see where people are coming from when they say 'so the new players are lazy too.' Lazy might not be the right word but think of it like a garden completely neglected and overgrown with weeds. That's where we were for most of those early years post ferguson. A manager come in like solskjaer, and does some good work, improves parts but the good is still co-existing with some of the weeds that aren't gone. It simply will not be perfect or close to it, then things turn bad with some results and the good parts are simply not well established or stable enough and the weeds and negativity take over again. New manager comes in and the cycle repeats. It's a long slow process and I feel as if a certain sort of apathy, bad ego, blame culture and disharmony is pretty deep rooted now. Things start going bad and that old legacy culture starts appearing again- leaks, blame the manager, work rate drops. The same way ferguson bred a relentless winning culture so o'shea and rafael could dominate the midfield versus arsenal, the toxic culture post ferguson works the same.
This is something I've been saying for ages. I agree with the sentiment here. You can't have years and years of mismanagement (both on the field and off it), really poor recruitment, wildly differing "philosophies" and seemingly no direction and expect not to be severely handicapped by it. These things are insidious and they fester. That's why if you go back about 9 years ago or whatever and see what fans were complaining about (no style of play, lack of direction, poor recruitment, player mentality, etc.) it's the same thing they're complaining about now! We've been in limbo for over a decade

mu4c_20le

Overall I think that our tactical setup is the cause of most of our issues but some of our players are liabilities and Sancho is one of them, he provides nothing defensively and even worse, he diligently avoids any sort of contact. Now people can't use him to explain our performances since he rightfully doesn't play, the likes of Wan Bissaka; McTominay and pre injury Shaw should follow.
Agreed. It's not about completely absolving the players, but at least for the first three games, they were clearly trying their best and and putting in the effort. Downing tools is a serious and silly accusation that our fans have become used to throwing around whenever things aren't going well. Rashford not tracking back? Downed tools. Sancho pulling out of a 50/50? Downed tools.

Lee565

10 years later and you still blame manager because club can't sell player?
Your telling me we wouldn't be able to sell Fernandes or rashford (the only two outfield players not brought by eth)for good money and we had a bid for mctominay already this summer and there is no evidence to say the club has gone against eth wishes when he want to move players on?

fallengt

Your telling me we wouldn't be able to sell Fernandes or rashford (the only two outfield players not brought by eth)for good money and we had a bid for mctominay already this summer and there is no evidence to say the club has gone against eth wishes when he want to move players on?
Ronaldo last year?
Lingard went for free?
Maguire refused to move?

It's 'trendy' to beat manager when he's down but You're deluded if you think United ever good at selling. Our big money came from Ronaldo Lukaku and Dimaria whom had to cause ruckus to move away for christ sake.

saivet

Really? So we have no toxic or lazy players? You need to open your eyes! Even Keane and Neville know there are toxic personalities in that changing room who throw managers under the bus and leak stuff to the press.
Not really I think the players issues are more due to lack of quality rather than lack of trying. I don't think the squad is particularly balanced either

Big Ray

Not really I think the players issues are more due to lack of quality rather than lack of trying. I don't think the squad is particularly balanced either
Are you watching the game tonight?!! No fevking effort whatsoever! What will it take to convince you some of these players simply aren’t trying when most are saying the same as me?! :houllier:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well today it's a mix of players and tactics. Tactically, no clue on how to build up. When its with the defenders or McTominay, it's more likely they get a chance. Once we bypass that point and get the ball to the attack, it's fine. Can only coach a player like mctominay in an area he is unsuited for so much though so it's something that looks wildly different with a different player there.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Credit to those supporters. Needed.