Film IT: Chapter 2 (2019)

wr8_utd

:'(
I read that this was 2 hours and 45 hours, that's incredibly long. Was the first one this long i can't really remember
It's 2 hours and 50 mins and definitely feels that long.

AaronRedDevil

Fecking brilliant movie. 2hrs and 50 mins long and it barely felt boring, everything was moving along nicely building up to facing IT. Some parts were a bit scary and some were just hilarious. All the actors felt like they were the kids from the first movie only they grew up. Brilliantly cast. Every Character shines in their own way. The actor who plays IT did a phenomenal job. Looking forward to see how The Joker competes with him. I'll give this movie a 8/10.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

It's 2 hours and 50 mins and definitely feels that long.
Felt more like 6hrs. I’d rather be waterboarded and have cocktail sticks jammed under my finger nails whilst forced to sit through The Tree of Life than go through the pain of watching it again.

Cait Sith

Fecking brilliant movie. 2hrs and 50 mins long and it barely felt boring, everything was moving along nicely building up to facing IT. Some parts were a bit scary and some were just hilarious. All the actors felt like they were the kids from the first movie only they grew up. Brilliantly cast. Every Character shines in their own way. The actor who plays IT did a phenomenal job. Looking forward to see how The Joker competes with him. I'll give this movie a 9/10.
I’d rather be waterboarded and have cocktail sticks jammed under my finger nails whilst forced to sit through The Tree of Life than go through the pain of watching it again.
So ... ahm ... I'm going to the cinema or no?

RedDevilRoshi

Jeez, what a massive fail that was! So annoyed as I was dead excited when they announced this as loved the first one.

Nearly almost 3 hours of my life I won’t get back. One of those typical films that has so much hype but the actual product is full of utter s****!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Think I'm trusting the majority Caftard opinion on skipping this versus the critics where I've seen some good reviews.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Think I'm trusting the majority Caftard opinion on skipping this versus the critics where I've seen some good reviews.
It's garbage mate. Skip it. Watch it on home release of you must, that way you can stop it and not waste as much money when you inevitably get bored.

United Hobbit

Watched it yesterday and was disappointed, wanted to enjoy it as I enjoyed the first but didn't jump once, it was scariest in the first one when the clown was lurking in the shadows and he barely did this time, some of the stuff he did made it hard to take him seriously. It felt the full nearly 3 hours

Think I'd fall asleep if I watched it at home

Feels the horror market is very weak at present

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I read the book when I was about 11 but haven't read it since. Is it actually good? I remember liking it at the time and have a hankering to read it again.
I read it quite recently and loved it right up until that ending. Full of amazing story-telling.

Don’t think I’ll bother with this movie given the Cafe consensus.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbf I think the critics' reviews have been pretty lacklustre overall too. For all Rotten Tomatoes' flaws, the fact that IT2 is currently on 65% as opposed to the first film's 86% seems fairly representative of the general consensus.

Donut

It wasn't nearly as good as the first one. The first hour was comically bad with all the voodoo stuff, and the actor playing Mike was awful I thought. The rest of the casting was basically perfect though.

It had some very creepy scenes though without relying on the jump scares too much.

6/10 for me.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Watched it yesterday and was disappointed, wanted to enjoy it as I enjoyed the first but didn't jump once, it was scariest in the first one when the clown was lurking in the shadows and he barely did this time, some of the stuff he did made it hard to take him seriously. It felt the full nearly 3 hours

Think I'd fall asleep if I watched it at home

Feels the horror market is very weak at present
Maybe Del Toro can rescue it. But knowing how Hollywood operates...

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...cing-a-werewolf-western-movie-and-were-all-in

https://www.slashfilm.com/werewolf-western/

spaceboyRSA

So my question is. How can they get the second one so wrong. The first was brilliant. The second is not a sequel- it's a continuation of the first. Basically then it's one story with a great first half (part 1) and shitty second half( part 2)

I'll still be watching it

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So my question is. How can they get the second one so wrong. The first was brilliant. The second is not a sequel- it's a continuation of the first. Basically then it's one story with a great first half (part 1) and shitty second half( part 2)

They got double the budget for the second one based on the success of the first. One suspects that may have been a factor in the reported bloatedness of the sequel.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
More a comedy than a horror film. Wasn't scary at all, though there are some creepy moments.

I feel the movie was far too long though.

and they defeated it far far too easily.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

The first one wasn't brilliant, let's be real here.

United Hobbit

Oh I agree it's been weak for a while, watched the latest Annabelle film recently and didn't jump once, it's all just Ghost related stuff again and again, it needs someone to do something completely different for all the Slating it got I liked Brightburn. I enjoyed the Purge films and TV series all a bit different than the same non scary ghost stuff. The Halloween remake last year was decent too we haven't seen a werewolf film for a while so the above linked one could be interesting. Favourite film I've seen recently was Hush on Netflix. I also like when the characters are smart and not making stupid decisions. I haven't been genuinely scared by a horror for ages.

JohnZSmith27

Ugh. What a let down. Loved part 1 but this was muck.

Bill Hader was good though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Felt more like 6hrs. I’d rather be waterboarded and have cocktail sticks jammed under my finger nails whilst forced to sit through The Tree of Life than go through the pain of watching it again.
This is one of the better movie reviews I've read on here.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
If you think of it as a comedy you'll probably enjoy it more.

luke511

What happened to the guy with a mullet? When he gets stabbed and drives off, was that the last scene he was in the film?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It can't beat the 1990 version for me. That one has such a nice nostalgic vibe to it.

Andersons Dietician

What happened to the guy with a mullet? When he gets stabbed and drives off, was that the last scene he was in the film?
Did you fall asleep for the scene in the library? I wouldn’t blame you if you did.
he gets an axe through his head when he is trying to kill Mike. I think it’s Haders character who does him in.

luke511

Did you fall asleep for the scene in the library? I wouldn’t blame you if you did.
he gets an axe through his head when he is trying to kill Mike. I think it’s Haders character who does him in.
Ah yeah :lol: definitely had lost my patience with the film at that point.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If any of you guys like horror movies with no scary scenes, this is the movie for you. The guy that said he was sat with his keys in his hand waiting for the movie to end so he could go is not in the minority. The whole row were putting on jackets and looking at their phones at the end, was an absolute slog sitting through this piece of shit. If the absolute worst Louis Van Gaal football was to be described via a movie, look no further than IT 2.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I had been looking forward to this. Don't think I will watch IT now.

JoaquinJoaquin

It was awful. Shocked at how bad it actually was. The whole audience at the screening sighed at the end, was quite the experience actually :D

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Chapter 1 was a solid 8 out of 10. Very good effort.
Chapter 2 sadly gets a 6 from me. Far too long and nowhere near scary enough. There's good moments and if you liked the first one and the characters in general brought to us by King then you'll still get something from it. But don't expect it to be as good as chapter 1. It's just not in same league.

The kids did a better job than the adults too. Far more believable and real. This group never once convinced me they were friends.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really liked the first one. This one was shit.

Felt like 10 hours of shitty flashbacks that didn’t matter at all. What was the point of the guy with the mullet? Did he even kill anyone relevant?

Not a single scary scene with obvious jump scares that weren’t even making anyone in the cinema jump because it was that obvious when they’d appear.

Also penny wise died because they called it names? Really? After everything he can do and can manipulate he died because they called him a clown!? Has he never looked in the mirror!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I liked it more than a lot of other people seemed to.

I mean it isn't even slightly scary, at all. Every single scare fall flat, even more so than in the first film. To the point where I genuinely forgot it was supposed to be a horror film and started thinking of it as a kind of light-hearted action/adventure. It's also as bloated as the run time suggests, largely down to a terrible structure. Having the main characters clunkily split up for their own individual set pieces kills the pace of the film, especially given how unscary those set pieces are. Finally, the ultimate showdown with Pennywise is a massive anti-climax. In fact I'm not sure Pennywise did anything good in the film at all.

Looking past those (admittedly crippling) flaws though, I still liked the characters, actors and underlying themes enough to enjoy spending time in their company. I guess it helped that I had zero interest in the actual horror part of the film, which is hardly a good precondition for enjoying what is supposed to be a horror film.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
It was alright, not as bad as made out.
The baby headed moth thing looked cool
I actually felt sorry for Pennywise when he died, couldn't care less when anyone else did

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Really liked the first one. This one was shit.

Felt like 10 hours of shitty flashbacks that didn’t matter at all. What was the point of the guy with the mullet? Did he even kill anyone relevant?

Not a single scary scene with obvious jump scares that weren’t even making anyone in the cinema jump because it was that obvious when they’d appear.

Also penny wise died because they called it names? Really? After everything he can do and can manipulate he died because they called him a clown!? Has he never looked in the mirror!

Exactly. What a joke.

An interdimensional, world-eating, being is defeated by some childish name calling.

Pure shit.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Exactly. What a joke.

An interdimensional, world-eating, being is defeated by some childish name calling.

Pure shit.
In their defense, they're adapting from a book where the solution to defeating IT is provided by an ancient turtle who created the universe by throwing up and involves journeying to a macroverse where they defeat the monster in a battle of imagination. Which is then followed by an underage gangbang.

They weren't exactly working with gold here.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
In their defense, they're adapting from a book where the solution to defeating IT is provided by an ancient turtle who created the universe by throwing up and involves journeying to a macroverse where they defeat the monster in a battle of imagination.
Have they tried turning it off and on again?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It's one of King's better (best even) books and funnily one of his dumbest endings, imo.

was it ever explained why they had to have sex with the girl? I doubt even King knows

It's like he gets bored with writing the story at some point and tries to quickly finish it with some bullshit.