Italian Serie A - 2019-20

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You lot are sleeping on this inter team Im telling you I believe they will be Juve main contenders this season.

SportingCP96

Supports
AC Milan are a joke. They should follow in Inter's footsteps and get a proper coach in and start heading in the right direction. What's with these huge clubs acting the fool.
A shame how far they have fallen in truth.

prateik

You lot are sleeping on this inter team Im telling you I believe they will be Juve main contenders this season.
They might be the second best side in Italy... they aren't challenging Juve for anything though.

SportingCP96

Supports
They might be the second best side in Italy... they aren't challenging Juve for anything though.
If Juve are at the best I 100% agree with you but based on current form at the moment if Juve drop more points and Inter capitalize they will very well be challenging.

As I said although not “great” inter have performed at a much higher level then Juve so far this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks.

The 'scream of the north' reside there every matchday and then Milan's equivalent on the south?
Yes. The curvas are ultras territory

More specifically the second rings

Caius

AC Milan are a joke. They should follow in Inter's footsteps and get a proper coach in and start heading in the right direction. What's with these huge clubs acting the fool.
I watch a lot of Milan in addition to United and even United have been a more threatening attacking team over the last few seasons, both teams are absolutely dire in terms of penetrating a defense that sits back and both have midfields that are often woefully incapable of controlling games.

Both them and us have promise currently with a lot of young players on the rosters but without better management at the top it won't make a difference for either

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Because of his attitude, Conte is a plus factor when he starts from scratch, not so good when a needs to manage mature superteams. He was and will ever be a juventino at heart, a proper captain now commander-in-chief.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
If Juve are at the best I 100% agree with you but based on current form at the moment if Juve drop more points and Inter capitalize they will very well be challenging.

As I said although not “great” inter have performed at a much higher level then Juve so far this season.
Stop moaning :lol: you just want Juventus to fire full engine 60 games out of 60 so that Ronaldo can score 50+ goals and hopefully win another CL medal, another Balloon d’Or and so on :rolleyes: ... it does not work that way in Italy, Serie A teams are tactically tight and astute vs Juve, in that preventing goalfests.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
it does not work that way in Italy, Serie A teams are tactically tight and astute vs Juve, in that preventing goalfests.
Nah, you were just poor at attacking second half of last season

You scored 86 in 17/18 and generally hit above 70, and that with a manager who preferred to win 1-0 than 5-2

Enigma_87

You know who
goes to show what happens when you hire a competent coach upon last year mess. Conte is doing a good job so far.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Nah, you were just poor at attacking second half of last season

You scored 86 in 17/18 and generally hit above 70, and that with a manager who preferred to win 1-0 than 5-2
You know Italian teams do not humiliate opponents (aka colleagues) and just stop playing when 3-0 up, the only exception to this unwritten rule being Atalanta and Sassuolo. Guardiola doing 6-0 and 8-0 vs Watford is just a wank*r.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You know Italian teams do not humiliate opponents (aka colleagues) and just stop playing when 3-0 up, the only exception to this unwritten rule being Atalanta and Sassuolo. Guardiola doing 6-0 and 8-0 vs Watford is just a wank*r.
Mh, not so sure. There's not that much of a difference between england and italy in that regard

Spain's worse though, yeah. Teams that give up against barcelona or real madrid really give up. And those clubs are conditioned to pour it on whenever they can

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Mh, not so sure. There's not that much of a difference between england and italy in that regard

Spain's worse though, yeah. Teams that give up against barcelona or real madrid really give up. And those clubs are conditioned to pour it on whenever they can
Aaand we are back to Ronaldo’s worshippers asking for goalfests so that his stats can get pumped up like in Spain... without realising that he is already shooting *a lot* (and I mean, a lot) for Juve without converting that much, in that also draining up opportunities for team mates (from set pieces, where Pjanic and Dybala are much better; as a poacher, where Higuain is just as good). Much will depend on Ronnie improving his conversion rate, not in giving him even more opportunities to shoot.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aaand we are back to Ronaldo’s worshippers asking for goalfests so that his stats can get pumped up like in Spain... without realising that he is already shooting *a lot* (and I mean, a lot) for Juve without converting that much, in that also draining up opportunities for team mates (from set pieces, where Pjanic and Dybala are much better; as a poacher, where Higuain is just as good). Much will depend on Ronnie improving his conversion rate, not in giving him even more opportunities to shoot.
I mean, his last two seasons in spain without penalties were like 21 and 22 goals. He scored 19 for juve last season iirc....

freeurmind

weak willed

Isn't that to do with Spain considering head to head above goal difference when level on points? Losing 8-0 destroys your goal difference which may be vital for a club like Watford in a relegation battle or City in a title race.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Isn't that to do with Spain considering head to head above goal difference when level on points? Losing 8-0 destroys your goal difference which may be vital for a club like Watford in a relegation battle or City in a title race.
No, it's more to do with barcelona and real madrid trying to go for 7 every chance they get, and having messi and cristiano to actually pull it off

SportingCP96

Supports
Stop moaning :lol: you just want Juventus to fire full engine 60 games out of 60 so that Ronaldo can score 50+ goals and hopefully win another CL medal, another Balloon d’Or and so on :rolleyes: ... it does not work that way in Italy, Serie A teams are tactically tight and astute vs Juve, in that preventing goalfests.
Dude who the hell brought up Ronaldo? ffs the obsession. Fun fact my favorite team in Italy is Fiorentina so stop with the nonsense.

SportingCP96

Supports
Also stop defending Juve poor form with "astute tactical defending" Juve really struggle to create chances at the moment they cant get the ball into open space and create dangerous goal scoring opportunities, This in turn leads them to resort to crosses and long sot attempts. Versos Fiorentina they has not 1 dangerous goal scoring opportunity, Last night was more of the same in a game they won because of a deflection and a penalty. Verona deserved at least a draw if not all 3 points for how they played. Napoli deserved a draw if not a win, Fiorentina took points off of them and if things dont begin to improve more teams will.

Its not the "tactically tight and astute defending" its the shit attacking going forward.

In saying that is Italy more defensive than Spain? of course Spanish teams play very open but Juve really struggle to get up the pitch to the point where they got outplayed to Hellas fecking Verona.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Meaning Atlanta and Sassuolo humiliate opponents or opponents don't care about humiliating the mentioned 2 teams?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Dude who the hell brought up Ronaldo? ffs the obsession. Fun fact my favorite team in Italy is Fiorentina so stop with the nonsense.
Also stop defending Juve poor form with "astute tactical defending" Juve really struggle to create chances at the moment they cant get the ball into open space and create dangerous goal scoring opportunities, This in turn leads them to resort to crosses and long sot attempts. Versos Fiorentina they has not 1 dangerous goal scoring opportunity, Last night was more of the same in a game they won because of a deflection and a penalty. Verona deserved at least a draw if not all 3 points for how they played. Napoli deserved a draw if not a win, Fiorentina took points off of them and if things dont begin to improve more teams will.

Its not the "tactically tight and astute defending" its the shit attacking going forward.

In saying that is Italy more defensive than Spain? of course Spanish teams play very open but Juve really struggle to get up the pitch to the point where they got outplayed to Hellas fecking Verona.
What’s the problem with Verona outsmarting Juve at home and still losing the game 2-1? That’s fecking Juve as usual, so early in the season. The squad is physically big and many players will come better in Oct and Nov, playing below 20C. Add a new coach with his own characteristic quirks (like not marking man vs man on set pieces in the box fearing penalties ???) and that’s the struggle. Being 10/12 points after four games is very good indeed and more games are coming because of a tight schedule, so we will see. The most important game was vs Atleti last Wed and all in all it was promising, much work still to do but not the shipwreck you are wanting to see.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Meaning Atlanta and Sassuolo humiliate opponents or opponents don't care about humiliating the mentioned 2 teams?
They play the European style all the games, so their scoreline is not predictable at all. Same could be said for Roma this year again, it seems, just let’s see how Fonseca reacts in the case he hits a bumpy stretch and the vocal, local fans and their media start complaining aloud as usual.

SportingCP96

Supports
What’s the problem with Verona outsmarting Juve at home and still losing the game 2-1? That’s fecking Juve as usual, so early in the season. The squad is physically big and many players will come better in Oct and Nov, playing below 20C. Add a new coach with his own characteristic quirks (like not marking man vs man on set pieces in the box fearing penalties ???) and that’s the struggle. Being 10/12 points after four games is very good indeed and more games are coming because of a tight schedule, so we will see. The most important game was vs Atleti last Wed and all in all it was promising, much work still to do but not the shipwreck you are wanting to see.
I dont want to see a shipwreck because considering Fiorentina will never get close to the title I would obviously rather Juve win because I would like Ronaldo to win championships. At the mom if not for some luck Juve could have had 4 points right now instead of 10. Granted it went the other way with them with Napoli and Verona but they escaped those games by the grin fo there teeth and it is nothing to write home about or be happy about. I personally am not the biggest fan of Sarri and as you said it is early in the season and it can turn around and I hope you are right and I am wrong so that they can win games and compete for the CL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Atalanta ultras are anti-establishment, black bloc types. Very much not salvini-enthusiasts.

Still racist

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Haha that's the Montella effect..Why they brought him back is beyond me.. Terrible coach..