Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Red the Bear

Something less generic
12 Serie A matches unbeaten now is pretty impressive. If they can keep Abraham and make a couple of shrewd signings in the summer then next season could be quite interesting indeed.
Could be really fun and to be honest serie a has been the most exciting league this season as well(not quality wise obviously) as there has been a lot of close games and high scoring affairs.
I bet on it being the same way next season.

el3mel

Roma are going in the right direction. With a good summer they can finish top 4 next season.

It's a long term project and Mourinho will find the board behind him this time when he decides throw any players out of the window considering the team barely has any superstars to care about, or the team having any kind of success in last few seasons for the board to worry about immediate result.

This project will be really interesting in the next 2-3 years. This has been a good transitional season for Mourinho.

nainaisson

Roma equalize in injury time, well deserved

This is honestly the best a Mourinho team has looked since maybe United in 16/17. Maybe it's the weaker league, but Roma look good
And Smalling looks a completely different player. He defended so well today, I had to rub my eyes in disbelief.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
feck this shite.

napoli is italian tottenham - when it matters, they become cookies and then they crumble.

no scudettos for us this century.

/thread

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Koulibaly is such a beast at tackling. World class.

I'd like Roma to cash in on Zaniolo. Immense talent but simply not enough end product and way too iniury prone.

Jose should get Xhaka(will suit the league well) and a few more signings in. A fast attacker, a pure DM and a CB are definite requirements.

Zalewski is absolutely brilliant. What a gem!

Their side could look something like this next season:

Patricio

Karsdorp/Zalewski
Smalling
Mancini
New CB
Spinazzola

Xhaka/Oliviera
New DM

Pellegrini

Abraham
New Fast Attacker

with pretty good squad depth and bench options too.

Roma equalize in injury time, well deserved

This is honestly the best a Mourinho team has looked since maybe United in 16/17. Maybe it's the weaker league, but Roma look good
Unpopular opinion but his Spurs side looked brilliant(when they were top of the PL) until they switched off. Gave Jose Inter vibes for a little while.

He's screaming "E' giusto!!!" Which in the context means we deserved it. And they did. They maybe deserved to win outright
Roma have been so unlucky in the big games this season. Could have won a number of them comfortably if luck wasn't completely against them.

A bit of wishful thinking but he may actually be able to push for a title challenge next season as the whole thing is so open.
Juve is rebuilding, inter has clearly regressed under inzaghi and Millan are inconsistent.
He can really salvage his reputation next season.
Xhaka, New DM, New CB, New Fast Attacker needed. If those signings are a success they'll win the league. Already have a good core and playing style.

Box office as always. :drool:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Koulibaly is such a beast at tackling. World class.

I'd like Roma to cash in on Zaniolo. Immense talent but simply not enough end product and way too iniury prone.

Jose should get Xhaka(will suit the league well) and a few more signings in. A fast attacker, a pure DM and a CB are definite requirements.

Zalewski is absolutely brilliant. What a gem!

Their side could look something like this next season:

Patricio

Karsdorp/Zalewski
Smalling
Mancini
New CB
Spinazzola

Xhaka/Oliviera
New DM

Pellegrini

Abraham
New Fast Attacker

with pretty good squad depth and bench options too.

Unpopular opinion but his Spurs side looked brilliant(when they were top of the PL) until they switched off. Gave Jose Inter vibes for a little while.

Roma have been so unlucky in the big games this season. Could have won a number of them comfortably if luck wasn't completely against them.

Xhaka, New DM, New CB, New Fast Attacker needed. If those signings are a success they'll win the league. Already have a good core and playing style.

Box office as always. :drool:
I agree with your assessments mostly but xaka is kinda of a risky thing to do, could flop badly.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
feck this shite.

napoli is italian tottenham - when it matters, they become cookies and then they crumble.

no scudettos for us this century.

/thread
Yeah. Sickener of a result. Think that’s the scudetto over for them. The mentality isn’t right when it matters. Last season they played with little energy when they could have got top 4

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Napoli choked again and only have themselves to blame… with Milan constantly running at 120% and Inter on track again after a looong dip and a daylight robbery in Turin, they really bottled their chance one, two, three times at home in the last couple of months. Sick!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inter ahead against milan, let's see if they can hold on for once :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
2-0. Mad game. Nobody has any interest in defending, it's a bundesliga game

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Not impressed by the both coaches. Inzaghi is a downgrade of Conte. Inter would have been 10 points clear at the top right now with Antonio at the helm. And Pioli is just another bottler in the bracket of Spalletti :lol: Both Milan teams need better coaches imo

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I remember Leao, Kessie and Salemakers chances who was the other one? Yes they've had some chances but they've been quite poor.
Leao x2

Anyways, 3-0 FT. Ridiculous scoreline based on the game, Milan were on top with inter hanging on for dear life for big chunks of the game

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The gobbos juventus'd their way to the final

39 shots to 14, 11 on target to 4, 0-3 aggregate score. Fecking giuve :houllier:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The gobbos juventus'd their way to the final

39 shots to 14, 11 on target to 4, 0-3 aggregate score. Fecking giuve :houllier:
Still in time to botch this indecent Inter’s run… because we are not the baddies… this year. :lol:

Pintu

Sad for Fiorentina. Italiano is doing a great job and it would have been a well-deserved final after knocking out Napoli and Atalanta.

CraftySoAndSo

Didn't watch the match but to do that against an Empoli side that hadn't won in Serie A since December is absolutely diabolical :lol:

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I thought Juve would dominate Serie A like Bayern do in Bundesliga.

Looking at the table it reminds me of Serie A at its peak (minus Udinese).

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Fun game this Millan/Lazio game.
Also jose has just lost his touch in big games, easily gave inter 6 points.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What a job the great malidini has done as the footballing director.
And a nice way to go out for the great ibrahimovic as well.
Even if the don't win it, it's been a nice season.

Smithy89

What Pioli and Maldini are doing at Milan is incredible. They've got some cracking young players like Leao, Tonali, Kalulu, Tomori to name a few.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What Pioli and Maldini are doing at Milan is incredible. They've got some cracking young players like Leao, Tonali, Kalulu, Tomori to name a few.
A nice mix of youth and experience, it all might unravel next season, but for now? Great season.

Smithy89

A nice mix of youth and experience, it all might unravel next season, but for now? Great season.
It's just nice to see a proper title race not involving Juve, would prefer Milan to win it over Inter but it's great to see both Milans having a resurgence over the last few seasons.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's just nice to see a proper title race not involving Juve, would prefer Milan to win it over Inter but it's great to see both Milans having a resurgence over the last few seasons.
Yeah.
It's shame that san siro will be no more, I guess its kinda symbolicall as well.
Both teams might experience some sustained success if they sort their owners out.

Pintu

Really happy for Ibra. You can see from the celebration how much it meant to him when Tonali scored that winner from his assist.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anyone els like the look of that leao? I think he’s quality and we should be looking at him, only thing is though I think he’s more of a left sided player and we need a right sided player more.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyone els like the look of that leao? I think he’s quality and we should be looking at him, only thing is though I think he’s more of a left sided player and we need a right sided player more.
He's quite good, still very rough.

Idxomer

I do, Portugal should play him more to give them some pace in their attack.

wr8_utd

:'(
Genuinely love this league. Rather have title races like this where all the top teams are vulnerable and the lead swaps hands frequently rather than the Premier League where the two elite teams are just streets ahead of everyone and stroll to victories every week.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's very threatening but I still don't like his decision making and I don't think he going to be a top top level player.