Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Allegri has lost the plot, he may even be finished at the top level: he can’t read a game any more (and sitting deep while 2-1 ahead was good in 1972… or with peak Buffon-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini) and, more worringly for the times ahead, he seems unable to keep his cool and adapt to the current, adventorous tide of football at large.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Allegri has lost the plot, he may even be finished at the top level: he can’t read a game any more (and sitting deep while 2-1 ahead was good in 1972… or with peak Buffon-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini) and, more worringly for the times ahead, he seems unable to keep his cool and adapt to the current, adventorous tide of football at large.
Perez must be glad that he didn't get his wish.

I never really rated Allegri that much to be honest, you lot probably could do with someone like Zidane or maybe a contract reunion (I know you lot hate him now for going to inter but he's sublime).

Edit: maybe gasprini could do a decent job ?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I really don't get why they sacked Pirlo to be honest. They hired him to start a new project, he got them 4th, won the Cup, and the team played some good stuff at times. To sack him for this...

Juventus have gone to the dogs since Marotta left.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I really don't get why they sacked Pirlo to be honest. They hired him to start a new project, he got them 4th, won the Cup, and the team played some good stuff at times. To sack him for this...

Juventus have gone to the dogs since Marotta left.
Is this a joke or what. Pirlo is the first manager in years bringing Juventus down to 4th. Of course they have to sack him. Although truth is, this squad has been going downhill for a while and undergoing transitional period.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is this a joke or what. Pirlo is the first manager in years bringing Juventus down to 4th. Of course they have to sack him. Although truth is, this squad has been going downhill for a while and undergoing transitional period.
Where are they now? 4th, trophyless. Allegri has done worse than Pirlo this season. The results have been worse, the football has been worse, and they wasted 2 years. Congratulations

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Where are they now? 4th, trophyless. Allegri has done worse than Pirlo this season. The results have been worse, the football has been worse, and they wasted 2 years. Congratulations
I do get your point, and I am not saying I’d disagree either, but it’s on hindsight really.

There’s little choice Juventus could have made back then, other than sacking him, based on the very fact that they went from champions to 4th for the very first time in many years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I do get your point, and I am not saying I’d disagree either, but it’s on hindsight really.

There’s little choice Juventus could have made back then, other than sacking him, based on the very fact that they went from champions to 4th for the very first time in many years.
Or, hear me out: they could have done their due dilingence on the squad, realized it was no longer significantly better than their competitors, analyzed the performances which would have highlighted a team that really should have finished 2nd, behind a great side coached by Conte, with a 1st year manager starting a new project, and they could have stuck with him and see where that could lead

Instead they killed that off - effectively throwing a whole season away - and brought back Allegri to disconfess two years, only for everything to get even worse....

Hindsight? Sure. Doesn't change the fact they've been directionless, making big decisions then rolling those back within the space of a year, for the past 4 years

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Sarri was downed by Covid and his inability to lead such a massive club (not as a coach, maybe… yet as a 24/7 moving target for the media and the general public) and Pirlo was a lunatic appointment, like asking a random passenger to drive your Boeing airplane through a massive turbulence: we went down in freefall with some entertaining piroettes, if you like. With him, we would have finished 7th or 8th this season… just look at Lampard and similarly inexperienced coaches. Allegri’s return has been ugly yet he avoided the crash, the CL spot is safe and the external turbulences are waning away. It’s on the owners now to buy fresher, hungrier, more competent players.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Sarri was downed by Covid and his inability to lead such a massive club (not as a coach, maybe… yet as a 24/7 moving target for the media and the general public) and Pirlo was a lunatic appointment, like asking a random passenger to drive your Boeing airplane through a massive turbulence: we went down in freefall with some entertaining piroettes, if you like. With him, we would have finished 7th or 8th this season… just look at Lampard and similarly inexperienced coaches. Allegri’s return has been ugly yet he avoided the crash, the CL spot is safe and the external turbulences are waning away. It’s on the owners now to buy fresher, hungrier, more competent players.
Juve always end up back on top. I'll be surprised if they don't win Serie A in the next 3 seasons.

Pintu

First exciting title race in Italy in 5 years.
2018 title race was very exciting and at a much higher level than this... This season is of course exciting, but it is mostly due to the teams involved being all incapable of running away with it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Spaletti is the nearly man. Napoli have played good football under him but when it has truly mattered, they’ve fallen.

Pintu

Relegated Venezia draws 1-1 at Roma despite going down to 10 players at 30th minute.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
That was one of the most frustrating games I have seen this season.. 4 crossbars hitted by Roma and I guess around 40 attempts to score..

Now they seriously risk to not even play in the Conference next season

el3mel

I have just seen the stats of Roma vs Venezia match.

What the fecking hell ? 46 shots including 16 on target and 20 corners and they didn't manage more than one goal ? :houllier:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

What the fecking hell ? 46 shots including 16 on target and 20 corners and they didn't manage more than one goal ? :houllier:
Hit the post 4 times

Yeah, it was one of those nights

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Who wins the title if Milan and Inter end up on same points?

Pintu

The 16 on target doesn’t include the crossbar that they hit 3/4 times. And you gotta see the last chance for El Shaarawy, somehow saved by Venezia keeper deep in added time.

Who wins the title if Milan and Inter end up on same points?
AC Milan would win. It’s based on the Head-to-head. They drew the first leg and Milan won the second leg.

united_99

The 16 in target doesn’t include the crossbar that they hit 3/4 times. And you gotta see the last chance for El Shaarawy, somehow saved by Venezia keeper deep in extra time.

AC Milan would win.
Yay!!

united_99

They are not there yet. They got the tougher games left. Specially today against Atalanta who just got their EL hopes boosted by Roma draw last night.
Yeah that’s why I was asking. Milan could draw today and Inter win. Then both would be on 81 points.

Pintu

Brilliant from Leao. But the goal could easily have been ruled out. Dubious ball recovery at the start.