Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

el3mel

Osimhen is a fantastic player, hopefully for Serie A Napoli can keep him for many years like they did for Koulibaly.

Allegri vs Mourinho tonight.. On paper it might be an horrible game to watch given their managers' playstyle but this season Roma have been fun to watch most of time..
Napoli - Torino was really fun game. I can't believe this but the decision of broadcasting Serie A games on YouTube has been one of the best football decisions that happened in 2021. I now watch many Serie A games that I wouldn't have watched otherwise.

el3mel

Wait I don't get it, he called off a goal for the pen ? I mean the ball was already in the net ? Why did he call a pen ?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Unless it hit Mkhi's hands on the way down then Roma have been royally fecked by the ref.

Reynoldo

It’s madness, just play the advantage for what like the next 5 seconds max then blow if you want

SirAF

Ageist
Mourinho is rightfully going to go nuts about that! Totally robbed.

el3mel

He was also checking the VAR after he called off the pen ? So he was thinking of calling off the pen as well ? Hilarious.

I can't fathom how that's not a goal. Unless there's something not shown on the TV replays. Maybe the PL referees aren't the only shite ones in Europe.

Idxomer

I thought Mkhi was offside, but Danilo is the one who played the ball.

The goal should've stood.

el3mel

Abraham has a lot of potential but I feel his technique is still rough at several moments. He needs to improve a lot of things imo to become a top player.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Are Serie A stadiums routinely this empty? Even for some of the bigger games?

Just saw Osimhen's winner too - felt like he was running for ages before he could celebrate with a group of fans.

Pintu

I thought Mkhi was offside, but Danilo is the one who played the ball.

The goal should've stood.
Mkhi was offside and seemed to have a hand to the ball. And the ref had whistled already. If there is a penalty, it should be for Danilo's tackle on Abraham.

Are Serie A stadiums routinely this empty? Even for some of the bigger games?

Just saw Osimhen's winner too - felt like he was running for ages before he could celebrate with a group of fans.
They are not as full as the german stadiums. But it's limited to 50 % capacity right now because of covid.

And big games are often sold out or pretty close.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
They are not as full as the german stadiums. But it's limited to 50 % capacity right now because of covid.

Ah thanks for that. Didn't realise attendance was still capped due to Covid.

RooneyLegend

Danilo has been great out here. Seems to have found the perfect position for himself. Would be interesting to see what Allegri can do with Arthur.

el3mel

He blew the whistle before the ball was in the net.
Which was a stupid decision. He could have given the advantage and see what happens first. If what he did is indeed the rule, it's stupid one. I mean, a player goes one on one vs the GK and shoots, so the defender tackles him before the ball goes into the net to give them a pen instead and gives his team 2nd chance to avoid conceding ?

Idxomer

Mkhi was offside and seemed to have a hand to the ball. And the ref had whistled already. If there is a penalty, it should be for Danilo's tackle on Abraham.
Mkhi wasn't offside because Danilo played the ball to him and not Abraham. Szczesny also received a card after the call, so the penalty was definitely for his tackle on Mkhi.

If Mkhi used his hand to give it to Abraham, then the decision was the correct one.

Roma should not be losing this.

It's back up to 75% now but this is the first weekend so they might not have sold all the tickets. Supposed to be 100% by the end of the month.

Zoo

Mourinho should try and change something. Novel idea.

el3mel

Roma are a decent looking team but I think they'll lose the majority of big games this season. Not because they're shit, but they're not good enough either.

They'll probably win a lot of games against midtable sides though, so they might grab a Europe League qualifying spot.

Juve will end up challenging for the league.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Classic Allegri win.
The results he is getting right now are little short of sci-fi: this is possibly the worst Juventus squad since 2011: scrubs, duds and passengers. A tangible progress is they resemble a cohesive unit again, all the rest is atrocious.

Away at Zenit on Wed, away at Inter on Sun.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Arthur :drool:

If there's ever a player you want on the ball when running down the clock, it's mr Melo. Impossible to dispossess him without fouling him. On for about 14 minutes and was still one of the most fouled players on the pitch. Typical :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
With Bologna down to 9 it’s now an equal game with Milan playing Grandpa Ibra