Italian Serie A 2023/2024

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
It would be an interesting season for this year in Italian football. I can see over 3+ contenders for the championship this season.

The first game will start on August 19th. It's between Frosinone and Napoli.

I haven't seen anyone starts a thread. So, I must start thread about Calcio now.

JuriM

I see Napoli & Lazio ahead of the bunch still atm. Then becomes the quadruple of Juventus, Roma, Milan, and Inter. Atalanta is hopefully also in contention.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Napoli have a big opportunity to become a dominant force in Italy. I don’t see a lot else from the others currently

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I see Napoli & Lazio ahead of the bunch still atm. Then becomes the quadruple of Juventus, Roma, Milan, and Inter. Atalanta is hopefully also in contention.
Yeah, I see 6-7 teams that are competitive or great enough to win in this season. The top 4 fighting will be like a war. For me, I don't see anyone as a clear contender even Napoli.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Inter was the best team in Italy last season but Inzaghi fecked it up in the Serie A. And i am sayin this being an AC Milan supporter in Italy. Napoli's title is a fluke and it wont happen again..at least not very soon..

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Inter was the best team in Italy last season but Inzaghi fecked it up in the Serie A. And i am sayin this being an AC Milan supporter in Italy. Napoli's title is a fluke and it wont happen again..at least not very soon..
As I'm a Milan fan too, I still see Napoli as a big contender this season. However, I don't see them being perform phenomena like the last season.

Lay

A fluke? :confused: they were miles ahead of the competition and only started slowing down when they were 12-15 points clear.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Napoli was remarkably consistent last season, highly doubt they'll replicate that without Kim. But if they can keep Osimhen I can see them competing for the title.

Borninthe80ts

I know the league won’t return to it’s former glory but I’m glad that it seems to be competitive again. That was a reason I liked Serie A back in the day. The mid range teams provided entertainment too.
Anyone to look out for this coming season?

Yagami

Good post resistant
So good to see Arthur playing again. I will enjoy it until his inevitable injury.

I really hope he's fit for the Juventus games this season. I expect him to dominate them if he plays.

Gibb11

So good to see Arthur playing again. I will enjoy it until his inevitable injury.

I really hope he's fit for the Juventus games this season. I expect him to dominate them if he plays.
I wached fiorentina v Newcastle at st James park in pre season friendly and Arthur was Very impressive,stood out big in his quality

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Juventus will win it, having no european competitions is a big advantage. Even if they're aren't Napoli or Inter level imho, it doesnt really matter in a competition as long as Serie A. I think they should be able to get 90 points if they don't suffer any major injury and Pogba return to be a professional player.
Napoli and Inter for the 2nd spot, both are a bit weaker compared to last year but not so much to miss top4 spot.
No idea how AC Milan can do, let's see if our strategy to sacrify one of our best players and reinvest money to sign lot of decent ones as RLC, Pulisic, Reijnders, Chukwueze, Okafor and Musah will pay it.
Roma will flop, their transfer market has been awful so far and Mourinho sooner or later will implode..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a goal Candreva, 2-1 Salernitana now.
Candreva must not be far off 40 now, was a quality wing back for Lazio a decade or so ago.

How come Dia been benched for this? Scored loads last season and somehow Roma should be looking to sign given their issues upfront.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Candreva must not be far off 40 now, was a quality wing back for Lazio a decade or so ago.

How come Dia been benched for this? Scored loads last season and somehow Roma should be looking to sign given their issues upfront.
isn't he injured? I mean that or they plan to sell him

AngliaRed

Pogback pt IIII

Seriously hope he puts his injuries behind him & have a good full season.

Would of liked to of seen him play with Casemiro etc..

Lay

Always nice to see Lazio lose

Yagami

Good post resistant
I wached fiorentina v Newcastle at st James park in pre season friendly and Arthur was Very impressive,stood out big in his quality
He's been turned into a meme now because of his Liverpool stint, but he's still one of the three most press resistant midfielders in the world. The other two on his level are Verratti and de Jong.

If he could stay fit, he would've improved our midfield tenfold.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Very nice assist by Loftus-Cheek.

avgp_1

Samardzic somehow couldn't get that move to Inter, he looks such an impressive player. He is too good for Udine atm. Their best players have all jumped ship

avgp_1

Pretty soft penalty I thought for Milan.

Giroud puts them ahead

Idxomer

To say Roma have been dire is an understatement, they haven't played any football in this half.

Canagel

I think Milan regain the title this year. They have had a very good window.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think Milan are favourites to win Scudetto personally.

Giroud + Pulisic is going to be a combination that most defences will struggle to handle and they still have key parts of their 2022 win like Leao, Theo and Tomori all around.

Big statement win if they hold on tonight although Lukaku will probably come on second half so he could change things.